Yamato's Large Scale Minmay Figure

Graham

A 1/1 scale Asuka with removeable dress? Holy sh!t. Now I can see I have seen everything (well hear). It never ceases to amaze me how someone dreams this stuff up let alone it becomes marketable. Then again, we are talking the Japanese where they now introducing women robots and man pillows. With all that, how in the hell does the Japanese propagate? :blink::ph34r: Sounds like they have been hitting the bong too hard.

They also had a 1/1 scale Rei...but I don't think you could take off her plugsuit. And many other characters I didn't recognize...

Seriously, the Akihabara Anime Center is one of the Gateways to the Abode of the Damned.

Then again, we are talking the Japanese where they now introducing women robots and man pillows.

heh Sci-fi nerds have been fantasizing about women robots for ages! It's just that japan is the land of robot shows so it would seem natural for an industry of sex bots to start there I think. I'd be surprised if they didn't try to make some kind of blade runner style replicant designed to cook and clean and be a pleasure bot. But first they need to make them smart enough to do the lawnmowing and be cheap for the average joe before something like that is common. Only the rich people are going to be using it. Just be careful the doll doesn't kill you in your sleep because it gets jealous that you have human friends and it isn't happy about being exploited. Although I'd like to see it used as a body guard too kinda like the boomers in bubble gum crisis. Forget guard dogs when you have a female terminator which can offer 24/7 protection from robbers.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Lawnmowing. In the crowded series, I don't think so. :p "what is this lawn that you speak of?" More like smart enough to toss water on the sidewalk in front of the house to clean it every day.

I was expecting a figure more like the Animal Girl Series, that Ikki Tosen figure, or the Shunya Yamashita figures.

If it were Misa or Miria, it would still be too big and expensive for a big doll with big exposed joints. But that's just for my tastes, some people like big dolls with big exposed joints and cloth clothing (cloth clothing for figures/dolls never looks right).

Really like the new pics thanks charger!

If only she wouldn't be so exe... i'd also like to know how well she is crafter under thems clothes der,

coz for 500 plus there better be accuracy and effort. Cast off PVC are all the rage now don't uz know. And dolls?

Never owned one, so i wouldn't know.

So is Kevin from Valk-Ex planning to sell these dolls? I know he still sells Macross stuff from time to time. Would be interesting to see all the stock at his place... :rolleyes:

So is Kevin from Valk-Ex planning to sell these dolls? I know he still sells Macross stuff from time to time. Would be interesting to see all the stock at his place... :rolleyes:

You got to get thru the guards first... :ph34r:

In my opinion we see too much the articulation ... ;(

Why not use a skin like "barbie" with that we minimise the fact that u see too much knees for exemple no ?!

I agree. very sharp knees!

edit pic added from fark.

post-867-1204825242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

what's wrong with some of you people? she's one of the greatest dolls i've ever seen! i really wish i could get her. she completely blows away any other minmay doll or figure ever made!!

The CMs Corporation Minmay collection Minmays look a lot better than this doll, without unsightly joints, and at a sliver of the cost. I hope they do a fixed pose figure sometime, like their Tandem Twin Animal Girls series, or like Megahouse's Excellent Model Core series.

Sumdumgai's right, some of CM's little 4 inch Minmay figures are actually really good representations. It's ironic because Minmay's been around for over 25 years, yet no big name toy or garage kit maker has ever done her right. The best one I've seen is Ryuji's version, and it's not because of the fan service. Even if you lowered her slit down to where it should be, it would still be IMO the best Minmay model kit out there. Yamato's made some excellent fixed pose statues in the past, I was surprised that they went with a posable doll this time.

what's wrong with some of you people? she's one of the greatest dolls i've ever seen! i really wish i could get her. she completely blows away any other minmay doll or figure ever made!!

Off the bat I can tell you that the scale is unappealing. Why can't the make this 1/6 scale? If they did, the 12" figure communities would definately pay attention to it. The poseable joints if not made well to hold poses will be pointless. Well-made 12" figure pose well and aren't floppy - I wouldn't bet on quality with Yamato's half arse approach to manufacturing.

At the current scale that Yamato is offering, it is only an uber expensive space-hogging plastic. In place of this Minmay figure I'd prefer jumbo vinyl giant robots: easier to clean and display - this Minmay will be anything but.

On whether she completely blows away any other minmay doll or figure ever made, I think she's still behind the G-system's Minmay. Even the CMS Gashapon Minmays look better.

Sumdumgai's right, some of CM's little 4 inch Minmay figures are actually really good representations. It's ironic because Minmay's been around for over 25 years, yet no big name toy or garage kit maker has ever done her right. The best one I've seen is Ryuji's version, and it's not because of the fan service. Even if you lowered her slit down to where it should be, it would still be IMO the best Minmay model kit out there. Yamato's made some excellent fixed pose statues in the past, I was surprised that they went with a posable doll this time.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A LARGE SCALE DOLL, DAMMIT! a doll is infinitely more flexible than any static figure!!!! :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

While there is much truth in that a large scale 1/4th doll is gonna be quite heavy (correct me if I'm wrong, I dont own any dolls) and knowing Yamato it probably wont have the joints tight enough to even allow it to stand up. Plus over $200 is a tad bit much for a doll that just stands around and looks at you while it plots to kill you. Anyways..... I will admit it looks fairly good.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A LARGE SCALE DOLL, DAMMIT! a doll is infinitely more flexible than any static figure!!!! :angry:

Welcome to the forum Shaorin... i think. lol :lol:

You are right though static figures haven't anything on a poseable one, even with anime perfect face sculpt.

So... bring on the Minmay revoltech! :)

... and then Misa and Millia.... and Gobal, and Hik, Roy, Max and Kaki.. oo oo and a monkey.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie