Yamato's Large Scale Minmay Figure

Graham

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

that one's nice! not as much as the DYRL, IMO, but still VERY nice!! as an aside, i recently managed to win a loose 14" TSUKUDA HOBBY SAKURA TAISEN sakura shinguji for $17.00 off ebay. i made a complete set of lingerie for her, as T.H.s supplied panties and socks were poorly done. anyway, here is the result of a rather hard week's hurried effert...

DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

haha, at first I thought... that doll is huge!

but then I figured out that that was a dresser on the left.

1/1 scale? heh, i wish!! she's really only slightly taller than the mean average barbie size...

• 2 months later...

For me, personally, the proportions on Minmey are all wrong. The long legs, the small breast size, slender arms... but Minmey's proportions are totally NOT like that.

The proportions of the CMS figure that's coming out is more accurate to how Minmey looks (at least insofar as I know her - which is mainly from SDF M TV). She's more compact. Her legs are not long; although they are certainly proportional and nice - but they are not loooong. Her breasts are also bigger than on that doll, and - finally - her face is more "charlie brown cheeks" - she has a girlish look. Here - she's just too polished. Finally - the skin - way way waaay to plasticy. They need to give that skin some life.

Kaiyodo's Fraulein line achieves all of this far better - although I do understand that they have the luxury of not having to actually dress a doll, but simply mold the clothes/figure as w hole...

Maybe it's the effect of DYRL?

In any case - I just can't get myself to root for these dolls beyond being superficially pleased that they are trying to make them... And it's not the price - I'm used to Yamato charging kidneys so the price doesn't bother me - I just ... don't like it... It's not that I hate it or anything - but I can't find myself loving it either.

looks very nice, but those joins on knees and arms kinda ruin the look of it... sure it\'s cool you can pose her ,but what looks good when it comes to Valks dont look so good here.

*looks at all those Valks in BG...*

me wants them so much :D

Edited by crescens

I finally received mine a couple days ago and had the chance to put her together. It's a very cool doll, and let me say for the record, it's much bigger than a barbie. Sometime when I create some space, I'll put my Hikaru 1/100 in front of it and do the famous DYRL pic on Bodolza. As far as the proportions go, the legs are a little long, but I think that everything else is fine. I'm actually wondering how I can get the red dress and hair for that Minmay. The clothing of the figure I have now is made very well, and you can tell that a lot of care was put into that. Overall, I'm glad I made the purchase. It's an expensive item, but very limited.

Well I think Yamato may going to produce the chinese dress in the future

Seriously between the weathered "zero" playability VF-1S and fully playable large doll for not too big in price difference I'd rather get the doll.

(Doll is also a very expensive hobby I think.. more than collecting Valkyries!)

Heh - yeah - dolls are more expensive; but then it's always been that way - even at the "lower end"

My Little Ponies and Barbies were always WAAAY more expensive that Transforemrs and GI Joe. Thus, I always told my mom she was lucky I was a boy :)

Pete

It is sooner than you think!

PH1219400005.jpg

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1216

Well I think Yamato may going to produce the chinese dress in the future

Seriously between the weathered "zero" playability VF-1S and fully playable large doll for not too big in price difference I'd rather get the doll.

(Doll is also a very expensive hobby I think.. more than collecting Valkyries!)

For me, personally, the proportions on Minmey are all wrong. The long legs, the small breast size, slender arms... but Minmey's proportions are totally NOT like that. She's more compact. Her legs are not long; although they are certainly proportional and nice - but they are not loooong. Her breasts are also bigger than on that doll, and - finally - her face is more "charlie brown cheeks" - she has a girlish look. Here - she's just too polished.

you're right. she doesn't have the girlish cuteness that she should...

I very much agreed. I do not recognize it's Minmay at all. Where are the resemblances except for the blue hair and the dresses?

It may just be Kamille (yes, Kamille Vidan) cross dressing...

For me, personally, the proportions on Minmey are all wrong. The long legs, the small breast size, slender arms... but Minmey's proportions are totally NOT like that.

I very much agreed. I do not recognize it's Minmay at all. Where are the resemblances except for the blue hair and the dresses?

It may just be Kamille (yes, Kamille Vidan) cross dressing...

Yes, this doll looks bad to me. :wacko:

They should have done with different style, like this...

http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-337

• 1 month later...

WOW. are you gonna display her? please provide a pic when you do! BTW, how did you aquire her? how much did you pay? i doubt that i'll ever be able to get her myself, so i'll have to make a copy of her dress for my little Shaorin here:

http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/art/Mis...oruru-109758316

in the mean, however, i'll have to be satisfied with this little songstress of mine:

http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/art/Pri...nger-1-88262977

QUOTE (VFTF1 @ Nov 25 2008, 11:30 AM) *

For me, personally, the proportions on Minmey are all wrong. The long legs, the small breast size, slender arms... but Minmey's proportions are totally NOT like that. She's more compact. Her legs are not long; although they are certainly proportional and nice - but they are not loooong. Her breasts are also bigger than on that doll, and - finally - her face is more "charlie brown cheeks" - she has a girlish look. Here - she's just too polished.

you're right. she doesn't have the girlish cuteness that she should...

Wait...

Just to be precise here - I wasn't talking about the CMS Minmey in that quote - but about some other Minmey doll... have to go back and see what that was about...

But I am very excited about CMS Minmey. Mine will arrive within a couple of days :)

I think it's a lovely Minmey :)

Pete

Wait...

Just to be precise here - I wasn't talking about the CMS Minmey in that quote - but about some other Minmey doll... have to go back and see what that was about...

But I am very excited about CMS Minmey. Mine will arrive within a couple of days :)

I think it's a lovely Minmey :)

Pete

For someone that gives me crap about character names spelling you can't even spell MINMAY... it's in the title and everywhere else for the last 20 years Macross and Robotech!

• 4 weeks later...