Does the 1/48 line have a future?

Maximiria

You know the 1/48 is gonna be the new Chunky Monkey :)

Yeah, all of us "old timers" will have those clunky 48's :p The kids will point at us and make funny jokes, LOL.

I actualy kind of like the idea of the 1/60's. I have just about every 1/48 I want and if production stops on them they could possibly go up in value. Hell, someday the low vis 2 may even be worth something!

i think they never will be chuky monkeys, probably they are the first accurate valks in history of macross toys, the toy design is almost perfect....common guys!!!!! you cannot!!!!! compare these beautys with othet macross toys like bandais!!!!

Yeah, all of us "old timers" will have those clunky 48's :p The kids will point at us and make funny jokes, LOL.

I actualy kind of like the idea of the 1/60's. I have just about every 1/48 I want and if production stops on them they could possibly go up in value. Hell, someday the low vis 2 may even be worth something!

I reckn your right about the 48's going up in value, but might take a while! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd still love to see a 1/48 VF-4, but I seriously doubt I'll ever see my favourite Valkyrie in any scale. As for larger Valkyries and two-seaters...it's going to be the 1/60 line for cost and space reasons.

Not really much seems to have changed. For the completionists, the 1/60 line is where it's at. However, I'd still say it's worth owning at least one 1/48 VF-1. Out of all the Yamato toy's I've picked up, my 1/48ths are consistently the highest quality.

So.. as a first time purchaser of a Yamato piece, I should wait? I was thinking about getting the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, 1/48 VF-1J Super Valkyrie MAX/Millia, 1/48 VF-1J Stealth Type and 1/48 VF-1S 25th Anniversary. Should I just start with 1/60 YF-19, 1/60 YF-19 25th Anniversary and 1/60 VF-0S w/QF-2200D-B Ghost Booster?

I have the MPC's right now, they're for the nice boxes (unopened).

I snapped and bought 1/ 48 Milia yesterday, It was hard to decide between dyrl Max, tv super Max and tv Milia but the extra screen time the Milia gets in macross 7 and the fact it was flown by 3 different main characters and 1 supporting character clinched it for me.

What would have been nice is a Zentradi uniform for the Max 1a, with Hikaru, Kakizaki and Misa figures to put in the pockets. Who could resist that? The more I think about it, the more I want it. Now I'm thinking custom, but where to get the tiny figures?

What would have been nice is a Zentradi uniform for the Max 1a, with Hikaru, Kakizaki and Misa figures to put in the pockets. Who could resist that? The more I think about it, the more I want it. Now I'm thinking custom, but where to get the tiny figures?

Linky! The Big Escape!

I remember seeing this as a lurker and being amused as hell.

Not sure where the original poster got the figures from. But you might wanna try asking nightmareb4macross if he's recasted any.

i think they never will be chunky monkeys, probably they are the first accurate valks in history of macross toys, the toy design is almost perfect....common guys!!!!! you cannot!!!!! compare these beautys with other macross toys like bandais!!!!

Well When we have super accurate 1/60's the 1/48 will look less so. I agree not so less so as the 1/55 to 1/48 comparison though.

The collector in me thinks that for all you guys who sold your souls to get every release of the 1/48 they will go up in value.

But the buyer in me hopes they all plummet in value so i can get some cheap for customs etc.

Well When we have super accurate 1/60's the 1/48 will look less so. I agree not so less so as the 1/55 to 1/48 comparison though.

The collector in me thinks that for all you guys who sold your souls to get every release of the 1/48 they will go up in value.

But the buyer in me hopes they all plummet in value so i can get some cheap for customs etc.

My estimete is that the 1/48 line will go down in price untill all stock is sold down, But don't expect 50% off or anything. I'll bet dollars to donuts these don't have much markup in them at all

48's will probably sell for the same price as the 60's util the 48's are gone.

My estimete is that the 1/48 line will go down in price untill all stock is sold down, But don't expect 50% off or anything. I'll bet dollars to donuts these don't have much markup in them at all

48's will probably sell for the same price as the 60's util the 48's are gone.

I'd say your assumption is debateable. At this point, it is very hard to say whether the 1/48 price line will become higher or lower. But onw thing is for sure the 1/48 line will become scarce and more difficult to collect. That is, if you haven't already.

the 48* is a work of art, and the fact that it is pretty much the elite biggest scale perfect transformation VF-1,

it will always be respected! But 60* for the win. I'm having fantasies owning the VF-1S max, sparring with the 60* Q-Rau.

I have even made room for the 1S Max already in the display!!! >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm not at all concerned with the price of the 1/48ths going up. I don't intend to buy anymore, and I don't intend to sell the ones I have. That said, it would surprise me if they didn't go up in value once they've become harder to find. I'm not expecting them to hit the the $1000+ prices we saw for Takatokus and Bandais in the late 90's, early 00s, but I don't see them sitting at their original prices, or devaluing, once they've become rare.

these will never be rare considering theres nothing rare about toys that are readily available for purchase throughout the world. "rare" is just some catch phrase created by the collectors market in order to generate more sales. its the same thing as labeling something as "limited" or "exclusive", its all BS to get you to part with your money.

there are only 3 rare macross items that exist IMO, them being the beta/tread, the 1/48 CC valk, and the bronze 1/144 YF-19. these are actually the only rare/limited macross toys as only a handful of them exists. i'd included the LV1 but considering theres more than 1000 of them, its far from rare but i will say it was limited even though theres no actual production number.

there are only 3 rare macross items that exist IMO, them being the beta/tread, the 1/48 CC valk

What is this??? Can you find me a pic??? :ph34r:

well i'm sure you've seen the vintage tread(beta fighter) here before. i believe there was an auction for one of them but the reserve wasn't met. a quick search under "lansay tread" or "gakken tread" should turn up some pics.

as far as the CC valk, just imagine the 25th anniversary VF-1S valk without the gawdy gold trim. i think only 5 were made and given away when you signed up for some CC in japan.

well i'm sure you've seen the vintage tread(beta fighter) here before. i believe there was an auction for one of them but the reserve wasn't met. a quick search under "lansay tread" or "gakken tread" should turn up some pics.

as far as the CC valk, just imagine the 25th anniversary VF-1S valk without the gawdy gold trim. i think only 5 were made and given away when you signed up for some CC in japan.

Yeah I was just wondering about the 1/48. Interesting. I has never heard of that one. And if I had...then I just forgot ^_^

was it all black? I thought it was "clear", anyone have a pic?

IIRC, didn't Yamato also do a limited Meteor Busters 1/48? I think just between 1-3pcs
I didn't think the Meteor Busters was a Yamato product, I thought they (a magazine) were just giving away a custom Yammy 1/48 based on a Kawamori drawing or something.

I'd say that the beta/tread wasn't a Macross item. And that's only one item too. Doesnt count as 2.

To be fair, he did list three items but I was just about to point out he had a Mospeada item in there too:

there are only 3 rare macross items that exist IMO, them being the beta/tread, the 1/48 CC valk, and the bronze 1/144 YF-19.
Edited by jenius