Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

1万と2000年前から愛してる某作品に引き続き、河森正治総監督にはお世話になっているんですが、いや~河森さんは相変わらず天才です。

今回のバルキリーVF-25は今までにないカッコ良さ!

Rough translation: In addition to loving your works since before the year 10,000+2000, I've been indebted to Chief Director Kawamori. As usual, Kawamori-san is a genius. This VF-25 Valkyrie just has a utter coolness.

Rough translation: In addition to loving your works since before the year 10,000+2000, I've been indebted to Chief Director Kawamori. As usual, Kawamori-san is a genius. This VF-25 Valkyrie just has a utter coolness.

Quick correction: He's actually saying, "Following on from a certain work which was "loved for 12,000 years"...."

Basically, he's talking about Aquarion (the 10,000 and 2,000 years thing is a reference to the now-famous-among-geek-circles opening theme, where they sing "I've been loving you for 10,000 and 2,000 years" 「一万年と二千年前から愛してる...」etc). He worked with Kawamori (thus the Aqua Chogokin DX) back then, and now they're back together again, doing the MacF toys.

These pictures have been out for a while now. I have them all on my website.

He's new, and most people probably don't realize that we check our sources almost daily, and that we've been following development of this series since this time last year.

I hope that the armor can be removed completely so I won't have to buy two of the grey VF-25's.

Nah, Bandai will make your life miserable. One Ozuma-grey and one Osuma-full armor, where the Full Armor doesn't come of. HAHAHAHAHA :D

Nah, Bandai will make your life miserable. One Ozuma-grey and one Osuma-full armor, where the Full Armor doesn't come of. HAHAHAHAHA :D

I actually prefer it that way. The full armor is cool and all but I like Ozuma's fighter itself. That way I don't have to pay extra for the full armor parts that I don't want just to have the fighter.

I actually prefer it that way. The full armor is cool and all but I like Ozuma's fighter itself. That way I don't have to pay extra for the full armor parts that I don't want just to have the fighter.

a valk with armor you cant take off is like a valk you cant transform... for the high end 1/60 version, it'll have to be perfect transformation with fully removeable armor, or else I'm gonna end up wishing that they gave he license to Yamato instead... but going by the other DX and SOC stuff bandai has released, I won't have to worry.

a valk with armor you cant take off is like a valk you cant transform... for the high end 1/60 version, it'll have to be perfect transformation with fully removeable armor, or else I'm gonna end up wishing that they gave he license to Yamato instead... but going by the other DX and SOC stuff bandai has released, I won't have to worry.

Actually, after playing with my brick-like (zero articulation) Yamato 1/48 VF with the GBP armor on, I hope that Yamato will never be given the Mac F license at all. I wished I had save that money and added more for an equally brick-like but vintage Bandai/Takatoku VF with the GBP set. :D

If the VF-25 can transform with the full armor, what makes you think that a toy with non removable parts can't? If you had to remove the armor parts to transform, it won't be a perfect transformation.

Ok, it's official:

Either it's Bandai or Yamato, I want that awesomely brutal Full Armor VF-25! *craps his pants again*

From now on, sumdumgai recommends that everyone reads MW toy section news while sitting on the pot, to avoid frequent pants washings. :p

It would suck if Bandai made a VF-25, and a VF-25 w/armor that you can't take off.

From now on, sumdumgai recommends that everyone reads MW toy section news while sitting on the pot, to avoid frequent pants washings. :p

Yeah, cuz sumdumgai is on janitorial duty this month.... :lol:

It would suck if Bandai made a VF-25, and a VF-25 w/armor that you can't take off.

I doubt they'd do that. They even gave Dragonar, a less popular mecha, two types of removable accessories(that ship thing and the flight pack), when they could have totally cheaped out and made them nonremoveable.

Itching to see new pics in the monthly hobby mags.

If the VF-25 can transform with the full armor, what makes you think that a toy with non removable parts can't? If you had to remove the armor parts to transform, it won't be a perfect transformation.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it's entirely possible. But the non removable armor would mean lesser playability. Not something I would expect from a premium toy. If Bandai did something like that it would be a whole different line, like the GNU figures are a separate line form their transformable valks.