Are you sick of the VF-1 Yet?

Roy Focker

That would be great, as long as they don't leave out the VF-2s! Seriously, us Mac2 fans keep getting the short end of the stick.

I'd love to get some VF-2's! I want the Valkyrie II, with fast packs, and the Icarus! As well as the enemy armors and pods.

I shall never whine about Yamato. They are Gods.

I would like them to come out with a 1/2 scale VF-1S that I could put in the lawn outside my mom's house :) Like some of those old restaurants with the old airplane outside...

VFTF1

Totally agree with VFTF1!

I'll keep collecting any new VF-1 model/toys as long as there are! No matter how many new VFs are coming, the VF-1 is just like FIRST LOVE in my life.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be sick of the VF-1 AFTER they bring out the revamped 1/60 version with perfect everything. It's not fair, to have such awesome 1/60 versions of everything else, and my little VT-1 is sitting there with disembowled Hikky and Minny. lol.

Then i will happily lay the VF-1 to rest, i mean... look at the VF-25! It's the new VF-1 BABY.

LOL @ the irony of this post... :lol:

-Kyp

heh, as awesome as the new 1/60 line looks, I won't be getting 1 of everything. i'm pretty sure I'll just be getting "key" designs/color schemes.

We all start off that way.

I was the same way with the 1/48, 1 VF-1A CF, 1 VF-1J Super Hikaru, and 1 VF-1S Roy. 30+ 1/48 Valks later...well, you know the story. :lol:

We all start off that way.

I was the same way with the 1/48, 1 VF-1A CF, 1 VF-1J Super Hikaru, and 1 VF-1S Roy. 30+ 1/48 Valks later...well, you know the story. :lol:

and sometimes it ends that way.

i started off with a couple of 1/60's then completed that line. then i moved onto the 1/48's and completed that line but by then i was so sick of the VF-1 design and sold off a lot of 1/48's(including customs) and i'm considering dumping all my 1/60's too.

this hobby is/was fun and all but too many of the same toy is/was getting lame for me.

this hobby is/was fun and all but too many of the same toy is/was getting lame for me.

I couldn't agree more! I have three 1/48's and a 1/48 GBP and I'm perfectly content with them. I'll probably just get the essentials in the new 1/60 line, which will be Roy's 1S/strike, Hikaru 1J with the GBP maybe, Elintseeker, Ostrich, 1D and a CF. And maybe one more like a Max or Millia 1J, whatever. But only if the new line will be $90-100 or less.

:::EDIT:::

But if they're gonna be around 60 bucks, I'll get each and every one of 'em.

But we all know that won't happen. <_<

Edited by Dante74

i'm still thinning the herd, i just need to sell a CF, AB, stealth, and GBP.

i'm planning on selling all my 1/60s(including customs) except i'm keeping the q-raus, VE and VT.

i'd rather have a lot of different toys to enjoy than the same repainted toy design over and over again.

sure the VF-1 is timeless and part of my childhood but i don't need 30 of them to keep it that way.

i'd rather have a lot of different toys to enjoy than the same repainted toy design over and over again.

sure the VF-1 is timeless and part of my childhood but i don't need 30 of them to keep it that way.

I'm the same I don't need every VF-1 in every colour scheme it's just not how I collect. As big a Macross fan that I am I consider myself a Mecha collector not just a Macross collector, as excited as I am about the new 1/60 VF-1's I only plan to get what I feel I need for my collection and at this point it seems I'll be buying in 1/60 a VF-1S Roy, VT and VE and most likely a VF-1D and CF but beyond that I don't see the point in anymore as there is so many other cool mecha out there to buy. For myself I don't really think that a display cabnet full of valks looks as impressive as a cabnet full of different mecha from different shows IMHO. :)

I've pared down my toy collecting to macross only. I've almost completely lost interest in transformers and gundam and honestly, I've never been a fan of the old super robot shows so I have none of those at all.

I'm pretty tired of the vf-1 as well, I'll be getting the 1/60 for their posability and just to be able to display them in scale with the other 1/60s. I prefer to have a bunch of unique valk designs than a lot that all look essentially the same.

Of course, there's something amazing about the really massive collections like kensei's and godzilla's but I'm NEVER going to have a collection of that size so I just don't see the point o having 10 vf-1a with the only thing differeniating them being the color of the stripe on their chest.

News of the VF-1 in 1/60 makes me sick of it.

I still think the VF-1 is the best design but it has been done before. The 1/48 looks pretty good. What could we have gotten if the resources that were placed in a upgraded VF-1 1/60 were instead placed in something that wasn't done before?

LOL @ the irony of this post... :lol:

-Kyp

lol, sorry missed your post. :lol: yeah i know... :):p But it's right though, why the f would anyone want to collect any more VF-1's after Yamato's new line 1/60's???

Never be actually sick of VF-1's... but sick of collecting damn straight. :lol:

If there ever was a company wanting to bring out better versions of the VF-1, now would be the time. :p

If there ever was a company wanting to bring out better versions of the VF-1, now would be the time. :p

Now you know ruskii.....this will not happen. Sad but true my friend......if it did though.....we might be able to get these guys for a decent price.

I like the VF-1's, I just wish other Macross Variable Fighting mecha were being made. I would like to see the VF-11, VF-5000 and eventually the VF-25 made. Since these VF's are direct successors to the VF-1's.

I would like to see also other Variable Fighters made like the VF-4, VF-9, VF-17, VA-3 and the VB-6.

Then I never get tired of the VF-19's and VF-22's.

I LOVE this classic mecha design. One of THE BEST of all time IMHO.

B))

But I will admit that I have plenty of variants of the VF-1 toy design that I am cutting back on its purchases of late.

Like many others have said, I hope Yamato continues to release other Macross valk fighter designs.

Edited by Vermillion21

I like the VF-1's, I just wish other Macross Variable Fighting mecha were being made. I would like to see the VF-11, VF-5000 and eventually the VF-25 made. Since these VF's are direct successors to the VF-1's.

I would like to see also other Variable Fighters made like the VF-4, VF-9, VF-17, VA-3 and the VB-6.

Then I never get tired of the VF-19's and VF-22's.

Well, you do know that the VF-11 is more than likely getting made after the YF-21, right. So that's one of your Valks that will be made.

Yeah, I would like to see every cannon Valk get made, but that's probably not gonna happen, sadly.

-Kyp

I'm sick of it, but not because I think it's a bad design. In fact I like it better than the vf-0 because it just has better features like the way the pilot ejects in battroid mode, or the things it does in space with the boosters and strike cannon against aliens in powered armor, and how generally it is about the size of a zentradi giant so it seems like it was suited for combat just for that purpose in close combat against a race which is numerically superior. (see the fight where max skillfully takes out the bigger and clumsier Qrau in DYRL inside the ship - it works well for confined spaces where quick sudden movement might be required, as much as out in the open where you will get hit at from long range) Just as the mecha in mospeada were small so they could fight the agile faster inbit swarm.

VF-0 to me may look sexier in fighter mode to good ole vf-1 but the blocky arms of the vf-1 makes it look tougher in battroid mode in some ways. Aren't you all fans of 80s styled boxy mechas like me? Humans have that distinct 'boxes and rectangles' look while the aliens go for bulky rounded things.

The reasons I'm sick of it is due more to how SDF:M and DYRL is the most milked franchise so stuff like variable glaug will never be made due to less exposure. They can just repaint the vf-1 and profit from the same thing without taking any risk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Never going to be sick of the VF-1. As far as I'm concerned, they can keep making versions until they get one that looks as close to the line art in all modes as engineeringly possible. The 1/48 was good. The 1/60 made some good compromises and others that I didn't like and really lament. I don't believe the perfect balance has been struck yet.