Tribute to Dobber camo !!!!!! sv-51 repainting

Ghostkiller

hello guys

ok main painting body done for me

I may leave it here like that and apply decals that I have not found yet by the way :unsure: and do the weathering

some more painting must be done for the finition some bit of metallic grey here and here on the legs

What do u guys think ???

any requirement ??? ^_^

your ideas are welcome of course !!!!! :rolleyes:

dsc02360vt5.jpg

dsc02363vp2.jpg

dsc02365ix6.jpg

dsc02366lf1.jpg

dsc02364gq3.jpg

Great work Ghostkiller!

There is one thing that I would suggest is to color in with black or gray those air intake slits that run diagonally at the back end near the jet engines/feet. That is really the only thing I would recommend. The paint job is fabulous. I do think that it would look even more awesome with some weathering and some subtle panel lining.

You Rock!

May I ask how many hours you have put into this mod so far (including taking it apart and reassembly.)?

We need B MODE!

BTW, A comparison shot

comprb4.jpg

In my opinion, Ghostkiller's SV-51 needs one more shade of lighter blue overall (which is equal to crazy masking).

Also I prefer upper sides of the lower legs in black, and black ankle lines where the feet starts.

Edited by charger69

I would do something with the legs--they're too monochrome when viewed from above. Either black like Dobber's (I think Nora's is black there too) or continue the splinter camo across them.

In the end I think it came out looking more like the actual Ukranian splinter camo pattern--which is what the NSAWC F-14's camo was supposed to imitate I think. But the colors are basically the original standard Flanker colors. I've included drawings of both the current blue splinter pattern, and the original more grey scheme.

That's a beautiful job, the scheme really fits that plane well. I agree with the idea about the darker parts on the legs, but I'd compare it to the CF SV-51 pics just released.. they would look good dark, but blending them with the camo pattern would work just as well.

Only big difference I notice is the overall amount of blue being less on yours, not in the amount of patches, but in the size of them. It'd probably be tough to add more now though, so don't risk it if you like it the way it is.

Great work Ghostkiller!

There is one thing that I would suggest is to color in with black or gray those air intake slits that run diagonally at the back end near the jet engines/feet. That is really the only thing I would recommend. The paint job is fabulous. I do think that it would look even more awesome with some weathering and some subtle panel lining.

You Rock!

May I ask how many hours you have put into this mod so far (including taking it apart and reassembly.)?

I would say about 12 hours in total

for mine I used 1 grey and 3 blues, and on Ghostkillers it looks like 2 grey's and 2 blues.

Chris

HEY DOBBER

I used 1 grey and 2 blues

I could not find a third blue that I liked really........

shots would be better during the day it is true that the flash does change it I think

cheers :lol:

holy frijoles! if there was a custom of the year, this would be it. B))

Thks do not disturb !!!!!!!!!!!

no more pics now until the final version of this puppy

still thinking here after all the suggestions made by the members :lol:

PS : Yamato !!! Work on it I bet you anything that you will make BIG MONEY out of us all !!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$