The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

We may get a semi cliffhanger type ending to lead us right into the third flick.

With the way these toys are looking, I hope the cliffhanger features Unicron hovering over Earth. I'd definitely go to the theatre to see TF3 just so I can enjoy watching Unicron EAT this f$cked up franchise!

Pete

With the way these toys are looking, I hope the cliffhanger features Unicron hovering over Earth. I'd definitely go to the theatre to see TF3 just so I can enjoy watching Unicron EAT this f$cked up franchise!

Pete

Hell yeah! Now that's a movie I'd pay to see. Just watch all the badly designed TF's get dropped into the little pool of molten goo so we'd never have to see them again...

The new trailer that premiered with the Friday the 13th remake: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/video/12063123

I think it looks awesome, look at how big just 1 piece of Devastator is. I could care less if he was painted pink and shot unicorns out of his blasters, it's gonna be sweet to see some 200 ft tall beast rip stuff up.

After looking at all those it raises the question for me: Is Demolisher NOT a constructicon? Scavenger seems to be a similar vehicle and clearly part of Devastator where Demolisher seems to be a stand alone.

Can anyone clarify?

Edited by Chewie

I was gonna say it looks like he's the torso, but there is actually two steam shovel toys: Scavenger and Demolisher. The alt modes look really similar though, and it seems silly to have two of the same type of construction vehicles at the same time. Maybe a miss label or something perhaps?

Demolishor-Scavenger thing is either a bizarro mistake by Hasbro or a bizarro homage to Scavenger for a character who has a totally different name.

And man, some of you guys are taking things A BIT TOO SERIOUS BUSINESS :p

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Well I don't like Sideswipe. The design makes no sense. Why does he have massive bulky legs hanging off of little tubes/ball joints? - and DOUBLE tube/ball joints at that? Just because it looks alien and kewl? "Looking alien" means having four eyes and the equivalent of four hip bones holding up two legs? Why? And why are the legs bent like that?

I understand the "let's make them look alien" and "not anthropomorphic" - but what they've done here is unimaginative, because it's basically "instead of making them look humanoid...we'll model them on bugs and space bunnies (devastator)."

I just don't like it. It looks so generic. I can't get any emotion out of that thing. I dunno... I'm pmsing again I guess.

At least Peter Cullen is in it...

Pete

Perhaps the hips are purely for the sake of the toys transformation? Unless there is a render I Haven't seen. In reality I don't think most TF toys have emotion to em...their features are static in plastic and in the show. That's part of the reason they ratcheted up the complexity of the movie ones, so you could read them better. I know that isn't quite what you meant though. I suppose at this point I don't see the need to voice dissent about the designs as they aren't gonna change em now, and though it may sound like it, I don't like all of them. I suppose I've just come to the point where I think they work for the Universe Bay and company have set up and that's good enough for me. And like you said Pete, at least Prime is Prime. I've never liked the non Peter Cullen voices.

*puke* TF2 looks like a crappy version of the first movie. Just a bunch of metal shards running around with huge explosions. I grew up watching G1 and yeah, I know it's stupid for a 60 foot robot to turn into a 5 lb gun, but what the hell, they managed to pull off turning a giant metal cube into something that Spike hold hold like a football and run around the city in.

The first movie had way too many useless human characters, portrayed by really horrible actors. The cartoon had what, two or three humans as main characters? Bay was very successful in making a nice, patriotic film that helped sell a lot of GM products. I lost $12 on a movie ticket and 143 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. This second one is defintely going to be a download for me.

I enjoyed this video more than the first movie:

Edited by peter

I just watched the animated Transformers: The Movie again and wish the live action had just been an animated version of that. This one holds up really well over time, unlike the cartoon series (I had very good memories of "The Return of Optimus Prime" but it's pretty bad watching that one).

Mhmm...so far I'm not big on any of the toys or designs this time. I'm sure i'll like the movie....unlike some who pass judgement already.

But toy wise, nah...im still trying to get rid of the ones i got NOW for two years.

Mhmm...so far I'm not big on any of the toys or designs this time. I'm sure i'll like the movie....unlike some who pass judgement already.

But toy wise, nah...im still trying to get rid of the ones i got NOW for two years.

Have to agree with you there. I really liked the toy designs from the first movie. Picked up all of them, except for the repaints.

The new toys, with the exception of Starscream (very cool redesign on his transformation), just seem way too simplistic. Look at the constructicons, for instance. Like 3 steps, and they're done. You can even see the hands and face and everything in vehicle mode. Just feels like a totally different design team did these toys.

No interest this time at all (except for the motorcycle ones).

Damn. And I was really liking this figure before. I guess I didn't notice the way the legs attach to the torso before. Lame. Still watch the movie, but I don't think I'll be buying any of the figures.

The rubber pistons are actually there for the sake of movie accuracy, the actual attachment pieces for the legs are clear plastic ball joints that you can barely see from the hips in the photos.

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime Video Review

Just feels like a totally different design team did these toys.
I think they're all pretty much the same designers. Last I heard Bill Rawley's team were moved to the ROTF line after they completed work on Universe, while Eric Siebenaler (lead designer of Animated) has also done some toys. Alex Kabulsky at TakaraTomy, whose work has been admired by in the main TF thread here, worked on the 2007 movie line, has worked on Universe and Animated, so no doubt he worked on the ROTF line and whatever else Hasbro has planned.

And you forgot Leader Prime. He's pretty damn accurate in terms of Transformation.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Leader Prime actually looks really damn good. I'm really impressed with how much more accurate he is. That's probably about as close as we could expect to get from a movie toy. I was really let down by the original movie Prime, but I'll probably shell out for this one.

The rubber pistons are actually there for the sake of movie accuracy, the actual attachment pieces for the legs are clear plastic ball joints that you can barely see from the hips in the photos.

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime Video Review

Ok. I see that now. Still, the feet are not to my liking. It looks like they should be reversed. I don't like how the tires are on the inside instead of facing out.

Looks like Hugo Weaving will reprise his roll as Megatron http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=15324

also Bay comments on Megatron in the movie http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...e-sequel/15326/

I like Weaving so I'm glad to see him reprise the role, even if for a few lines.