The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

With all this talk about the past movie and toys -- returning to the subjecto of the new movie: are we allowed to post semi-spoilers that have been announced on other sites? Or are we supposed to maintain this as spoiler free?

Just wondering.

Pete

I think you just have to use the spoiler tags and you're good.

It says in the "Transformers First Complete " that he worked on the Diaclones and had a part to play in the conception of Shockwave, Omaga Supreme and of cause Jetfire the team also made the Casettes and both Soundwave and Blaster, Megatron, Percepto,r Reflector, the minibots the Dinobots the Constructicons the Insecticons the Jets like Starscream and the tripple changers like Blitzwing Most of the original G1 line up was in there. All had different names. Ever wondered why the G1 range was seemingly so much better engineered than the G2 etc

Is Megan wearing an engagement ring?

Yes. But only because she's toying with Sam and it makes the other guys even more envious and prone to be manipulated by her into buying gifts and falling all over themselves to serve her.

She'll dump him in the third film.

Pete

Teaser was pretty cool except I think the giant Unicycle bot looks dumb

That seemed to be the consensus of quite a few people on various websites. I don't think that it looks bad. Such a large unit will certainly compensate for any design flaws. (I remember a similar looking piece of mecha (moving on one giant wheel) in an episode of the 80's Astroboy, and it looked kinda cool.)

Taksraven

Do we know what Transformers are going to be in this movie? I remember when the first one came out we had a list of what bots where going to be in it. L'd love to here who'll be in this one.

I agree that the trailer looked cool, not to keen on the unicyle bot though either.

Chris

Do we know what Transformers are going to be in this movie? I remember when the first one came out we had a list of what bots where going to be in it. L'd love to here who'll be in this one.

I agree that the trailer looked cool, not to keen on the unicyle bot though either.

Chris

Based upon confirmations, leaked toys, on-set sightings and rumours...

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Bumblebee

Ironhide

Ratchet

Jolt (Chevy Volt)

Sideswipe (Centennial Corvette)

Arcee (three bikes that seem to have individual modes that combine into Arcee)

"Skids" and "Mudflap" (Chevy Spark and Trax twins)

Possibility: Springer as an Osprey and Wheelie (RC car, rumoured)

Decepticons

Megatron

Starscream

Soundwave

Ravage

Audi R8 bot (rumoured to be Barricade)

Jetfire

Constructicons (one of whom you saw in the tv spot trailer)

A Decepticon Pretender

???

The Fallen (IDW confirmed this before Paramount had apparently okayed for them to do so, and so the interviews where they mentioned him were subsequently censored)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Autobots

Optimus Prime

Ironhide

Sideswipe

Bumblebee

Wheelie

Skids

Mudflap

Arcee

Jetfire(Decepticon at first)

Ratchet

Springer(maybe)

Decepticons

Starscream

Constructicons

Ravage

Soundwave

Barricade(maybe)

These are just the ones I remember off of the top of my head, there will be many more. Judging by the Reign of Starscream prequel, Starscream may have his own coalition of Decepticons coming from Cybertron.

Agreed on the Unicycle bot. It looks pathetically stupid, but I'll reserve final judgement until after I see the film. Otherwise, it looks like a good flick.

I liked it and it is one of the seven constructicons, all seven will form one titanic bot considering OP was the size of one of the component bots head. There are also rumors of a transforming carrier.

I liked it and it is one of the seven constructicons, all seven will form one titanic bot considering OP was the size of one of the component bots head. There are also rumors of a transforming carrier.

I don't know. It was kind of an unexciting trailer. It also reinforced how much I hate the designs.

Oh well, the first one was stupid fun, hopefully this will be, too.

There are also rumors of a transforming carrier.

I think that one was shot down months back. There is concept art for it, but thats about it.

Good god! If that is only a component, Devastator is going to be beyond HUGE!!

Indeed it will. 7 of those suckers combining into one huge beast. This is going to be awesome onscreen.

So are they going to still call him Devastator since they never corrected Brawls name in the first movie? I would have thought that they would have changed the name in the DVD blu-ray release but they didn't...still Devastator.

Chris