The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

GI Joe way over-used CGI. How/why? Because they used it for things that could easily have been done in real-life, possibly even cheaper. Most egregious example was "Apache helicopters flying over a desert". They spent time and money rendering that? Aren't there like a billion free-domain clips of that from Desert Storm/OEF/OIF? That's like rendering footage of a sunset or a baby bird emerging from its egg---there's SO many out there that people aren't going to recognize that scene it wasn't filmed specifically for the movie. And it'd have looked better.

Bad CGI tends to look worse than bad models IMHO. A LOT more models are used in scenes than people realize----especially when there's already CG in said movie, they still use a lot of models, and "the really good FX scenes" often weren't super-impressive CGI, that's where they actually built a model.

• 1 month later...

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has done what no one really thought would happen: win big at the Golden Raspberry Awards. Held annually opposite of the Academy Awards, the "Razzies" are presented to the worst of the film industry.

ROTF won Worst Picture, Worst Director (Michael Bay, of course) and Worst Screenplay (Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Ehren Kruger). It beat G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra in these categories, surprisingly. The film, however, failed to win Worst Actress (Megan Fox, but won by Sandra Bullock for All About Steve), Worst Supporting Actress (Julie White, but won by Sienna Miller for G.I. Joe), Worst On-Screen Couple (Shia LaBeouf & Megan Fox or any Transformer, but won by Sandra Bullock & Bradley Cooper for All About Steve) and Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel (won by Land of the Lost).

The movie is strange. I really enjoyed the first viewing. But after it marinated for awhile, certain things about it started to grate my nerves. And the more time that passed, the less forgivable they became.

By the way, I think Orci & Kurtzman got shafted. They got the writing credit, but were on strike during much of the screenplay's development.

I watched this movie for the first time last week. Certain things sucked clearly immediately and many more sucked later as I began to think through the plot. I hope the next movie features a better developed villain, no transformers that appear to be human (WTF?), a plot that gradually and logically flows, and fights where I can make out which Decepticon is rumbling with which autobot.

I watched this movie for the first time last week. Certain things sucked clearly immediately and many more sucked later as I began to think through the plot. I hope the next movie features a better developed villain, no transformers that appear to be human (WTF?), a plot that gradually and logically flows, and fights where I can make out which Decepticon is rumbling with which autobot.

Transformers: The Musical.

All of the above problems solved.

The movie is strange. I really enjoyed the first viewing. But after it marinated for awhile, certain things about it started to grate my nerves. And the more time that passed, the less forgivable they became.

I'm just the opposite. I despised it on my first viewing, but became more forgiving upon letting it fester for a while and then coming back for the blu-ray release. Much easier on the GI tract the second time around ^_^