Macross is officially 25 years old!

Save

As of this minute it is the 25th anniversary of The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (超時空要塞マクロス). Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) is commemorating the moment by playing Booby Trap (ブービー・トラップ) on the exact same time slot 25 years ago, Oct 3 3:00 a.m. watching it now!

Happy Bithday Macross, here is to 25 years more!!!! :)

post-3328-1191435302_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1191435308_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

Well, a very happy Birthday to Macross. Ironically I was trying to work out earlier on today when the Birthday came due. If I'd known I would have picked up some whiskey to share a dram with my Valkyries (I've got several Focker-types, so it almost has to be spirits....). Happy Birthday to Macross. (And Happy Birthday to Elintseeker as well).

Karl

As of this minute it is the 25th anniversary of The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (超時空要塞マクロス). Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) is commemorating the moment by playing Booby Trap (ブービー・トラップ) on the exact same time slot 25 years ago, Oct 3 3:00 a.m. watching it now!

Happy Bithday Macross, here is to 25 years more!!!! :)

How ironic that the pic you have there, shows the vine covered SDF-1 with the year A.D. 2007 clearly posted in the lower right hand corner.

congratulations Macross!!

one question, macross was originally broadcast at 3:00am??

Yeah most new shows in Japan even this day and age first air usually after 2:00 a.m. during the week. Yes to answer the question it first aired at 3am Oct 3. Technically it actually should be Oct. 4, 3 a.m. but they still list it as Oct 3.

How ironic that the pic you have there, shows the vine covered SDF-1 with the year A.D. 2007 clearly posted in the lower right hand corner.

Yeah waited for that shot, and of course the shot of Roy check out Minmay's rear, which is funny to finally see uncut via broadcast television.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Yeah most new shows in Japan even this day and age first air usually after 2:00 a.m. during the week. Yes to answer the question it first aired at 3am Oct 3. Technically it actually should be Oct. 4, 3 a.m. but they still list it as Oct 3.

WOW! Different worlds indeed!! ^_^