Transformer Super Thread 6

I'm tempted to clean up my Masterpiece Starscream.

Here's Optimus Scourge's from TFW2005. All fresh and crispy.

This looks about 75% better cleaned up. I agree with DH, that noscone needs to be blue.

I wonder if some lt gray vinyl stickers over those black hinges would work, to at least cover up the black in fighter mode.

Instead of removing the nosecone paint, why not paint it blue to match the tailfins? That'd be semi-canon.

I dunno, for some reason, I'm used to seeing Starscream's cone being the same color as his body.

By the way, he hasn't shown up at any Wal-Mart around here yet. It's a good thing they're all so close to my commute, otherwise I'd be rather steamed.

Tell me about it ...... sigh

:mellow:

I noticed most of the sightings for it on the allspark were reported from Texas. Hopefully it's on it's way northward, because I checked a few Walmarts in eastern PA and was skunked. :(

Anyone here pick up the Darth Vader/Death Star Transfomer? I saw it at Target the other day a was pretty impressed. I haven't been impressed with any of the Star Wars Transformers, but this one looked pretty cool. Might pick one up for my cousin's birthday coming up at the end of the month.

Darth Star

Anyone here pick up the Darth Vader/Death Star Transfomer? I saw it at Target the other day a was pretty impressed. I haven't been impressed with any of the Star Wars Transformers, but this one looked pretty cool. Might pick one up for my cousin's birthday coming up at the end of the month.

Darth Star

I read reviews, it seems very cool. Target has a $10 off coupon in their big toybook that just came out in newspapers on sunday. It expires later this month.

Darth Star even has gunbuster shield, er... cape. That's pretty neat.

Best thing is it looks good in both modes. I wish other SW-formers had this quality.

I've gotten payload. Dropkick would have been better, but I am happy to find any Deluxe figure these days.

Any aussie's here able to pick them up in Australia??

Otherwise i'm counting down the days i'll grab mine from HLJ.com (30th)

They haven't been sighted here yet.

HLJ.com will stock the Japanese release which may vary from the USA release and has been delayed untill Febuary.

Yeh i just checked that on HLJ.com, February release.. i'd like to know if it's in a different box or wha?

Thanks Tober and Eriku. I'm tossing up wether to wait for that release, even i can grab one up for around 60 aussie..

But i think there's something amiss there.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

There is speculation that it's being held back so it can be packaged in a standard Takara Masterpiece box as MP-07, instead of the Hasbro package with a Japanese label. There's also speculation that it'll be free of the scorch marks. And there's even further speculation that it'll come with extra accessories like his crown and cape, which would make sense for a Masterpiece release (and he does appear to already be tooled for those accessories, or so I've heard).

I am very tempted to just skip the headache of finding the WalMart version and hedge my bets on the Takara release being 'worth' the extra money. It sure is a long time to wait though. Then again the chances of EVER finding a WalMart version don't seem that likely.

Edited by eriku

Darth Star

I've got one. Darth Star is pretty fun and looks good in both modes but it's a real bitch to get it into BattleStation. The shell exterior need to be fit just so or it won't form a smooth circle. Once you do you'll go "oooooooooo".

The tie-fighters suck and are pretty much only good as props.

since mp starscream isn't available in canada anyways, and even online stores are selling at scalper's prices, Im just going to wait on this one and see what the Takara version brings. They've done a great job so far, so i'd rather pay a bit more and get a better product than save a buck and get something I'm not 100% happy with.

Takara knows how to put together an MP release, so I'd guess, at the least, all the silver parts and hinges will be body colored, the weathering and panel lines will be gone, and it will have more printed markings like skywarp did.

since mp starscream isn't available in canada anyways, and even online stores are selling at scalper's prices, Im just going to wait on this one and see what the Takara version brings. They've done a great job so far, so i'd rather pay a bit more and get a better product than save a buck and get something I'm not 100% happy with.

Takara knows how to put together an MP release, so I'd guess, at the least, all the silver parts and hinges will be body colored, the weathering and panel lines will be gone, and it will have more printed markings like skywarp did.

It seems logical that they are planning to change something on the actual toy since the release date has been pushed back by almost 4 months. I wouldn't think just the snazzy Masterpiece box would take that long to put together, especially since all they'd have to change from the Skywarp box is the image of the character.

Edited by eriku

There is speculation that it's being held back so it can be packaged in a standard Takara Masterpiece box as MP-07, instead of the Hasbro package with a Japanese label. There's also speculation that it'll be free of the scorch marks. And there's even further speculation that it'll come with extra accessories like his crown and cape, which would make sense for a Masterpiece release (and he does appear to already be tooled for those accessories, or so I've heard).

I am very tempted to just skip the headache of finding the WalMart version and hedge my bets on the Takara release being 'worth' the extra money. It sure is a long time to wait though. Then again the chances of EVER finding a WalMart version don't seem that likely.

I so totally want this to happen, new box, crown and cape... and even throw in the Megatron Gun. :p

I just wish that the Japanese release would be different colours. I mean, ja, do the G1 colour scheme, but it's entirely possible to do it in a much better looking way than the Hasbro version. Kinda like how the original MP Prime and even the first Hasbro release of MP Prime both look so much better than the version currently clogging the shelves at Walmart.

Looks like someone doesn't know their Transformers very well.

Wrong sir, that is the famed Starcream that appears in two frames in minute 19:12:42 of episode 69 if you look at the TV with your head upside down half drunk. "Lord of all creaminess" (as he is also known) was limited to a run of -332 units and is the Holy Grail of any TF fan.

Ok, I hear you guys saying a lot that the Hasbro MP Prime is just waiting to get cleared. Any chance of the Hasbro SS going for a few bucks in the US a few months from now or is it one of those exclusive whatever?

I'd like to make a complete overhaul on a MP SS (primarily to give it more posability and remove the pedestal neck) but no way in hell am I paying full price for a toy I'll most likely leave in pieces for about a year… or for ever. ( BTW, if you have a broken MP 3 you want to get rid off for cheap, PM me).

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...800&start=0

Comparison pics for MP-03, MP-05 and Hasbro SS. Looking at all three, I still think MP-03 has the best colors. Mind you, I'm not TF truist, just that visually I like how MP-03 looks in relation to the other 2. Skywarp is nice too, but the black hides so much of the detail...

In all seriousness, what IS that Figure? There's one sitting in the loose transformers/G-Bots toys at the local comic shop up here that I can snag if it's valuable, but it looks like its supposed to have other figures for limbs and such.

It's a Gobot! The K-mart versions of Transformers LOL

I believe it's the main part of the Power Suit

post-515-1194450137_thumb.jpg

post-515-1194450149_thumb.jpg

mp-03 isn't a BAD looking toy, it just doesn't look like any TF character. It's the equivalent of one of Yamato's random low vis recolors, in TF form. the problem with that is, TFs are characters, not planes flown by characters...so changing the color takes away the value.

I could definitely see a limited edition sunstorm coiming out, or at least a few customs once MPSS starts showing up more in Walmarts for cheap.

The limited edition I would LOVE to see, is a ghost starscream!