Transformer Super Thread 6

Simon Furman is also the guy who thinks Robot God, Robot Devil, and Robot Jesus is a great idea for a comic about toys.
What's wrong with Primus, Unicron and... whomever you were talking about? They enrich the culture of Cybertron by giving the Transformers religion and beliefs other than just being 'toy robots who fight'. They were a great idea.

Unless you were looking at it from a strictly G1 cartoon perspective, or viewing the TFs merely as toys, or from a Japanese fan perspective. For the latter even TakaraTomy have officially incorporated the Primus creation mythos into their multiversal continuities in line with Hasbro's.

Besides, who doesn't want to own transforming robot toys of God and the Devil?

Edited by Fit For Natalie

What's wrong with Primus, Unicron and... whomever you were talking about? They enrich the culture of Cybertron by giving the Transformers religion and beliefs other than just being 'toy robots who fight'. They were a great idea.

Optimus is Robot Jesus. He sacrifices himself only to rise again. He did this this twice under Furman, once against Unicron and then again against the Swarm. I feel that this odd inclusion of very human beliefs removed any trace of mechanical aspects to Transformers. The early comics had some mention of Transformers being different than humans with respects to life and death and it made the connection between humans and robots a little more meaningful instead of, "we are alike! We even got religion!"

Besides, who doesn't want to own transforming robot toys of God and the Devil?

Atheists.

Going to check my walmarts today!

I'm really hoping they offer this online through Walmart's store. They have for every exclusive I had wanted before. My Walmart hunts are always a bust.

So who's gonna buy Starscream?

Depends how much TRU charge us (Aussies) and weather there is any difference between the USA and Japan release.

The USA color scheme looks crap. It still looks like a kid hit it with spray paint and a grey marker even though they have toned it down from the test shot. The coloring of the exhaust area is a complete mess. It would be a pain stripping all of the stickers and paint before priming it... ;)

Depends how much TRU charge us (Aussies) and weather there is any difference between the USA and Japan release.

The USA color scheme looks crap. It still looks like a kid hit it with spray paint and a grey marker even though they have toned it down from the test shot. The coloring of the exhaust area is a complete mess. It would be a pain stripping all of the stickers and paint before priming it... ;)

It looks like he does on the show... what more would you want?

Then remove them? If that's your biggest beef with the figure, then just take them off. It's only $50 anyway.

That's the first part of the plan. Thing is that I don't think it's going to be easy to remove the burn marks without the panel lining coming off with it, which would create inconsistency. So the larger plan is to remove what I dont like and airbrush what I do. I'll be very happy if it's only $50 down here.

That's the first part of the plan. Thing is that I don't think it's going to be easy to remove the burn marks without the panel lining coming off with it, which would create inconsistency. So the larger plan is to remove what I dont like and airbrush what I do. I'll be very happy if it's only $50 down here.

Oops sorry I forgot you were in Australia.

i'd get mp starscream if i saw it at walmart. unfortunately i don't go there and it's pretty far. if anyone later on finds an extra that they don't want, could you sell it to me? i'd pay a little extra. then i could cancel my preorder.

Optimus is Robot Jesus. He sacrifices himself only to rise again. He did this this twice under Furman, once against Unicron and then again against the Swarm. I feel that this odd inclusion of very human beliefs removed any trace of mechanical aspects to Transformers. The early comics had some mention of Transformers being different than humans with respects to life and death and it made the connection between humans and robots a little more meaningful instead of, "we are alike! We even got religion!"

Actually even the Gen 2 comics, which were written by Furman and were overly religous still managed to bring a distinction between Transformers and Humans on their veiws of death.

In issue 2 when Fortress Maximus and the fire truck autobot are killed by Megatron and self-destructing to prevent Cobra from getting ahold of Autobot technology respectivly, the autobot who survives talks with General Hawk about death, "to you death is inevetible for us it is unthinkable, I wonder if that makes it easier or so much harde."

Also the fact that an Autobot would have to blow himself up so that Cobra couldn't anaylze him and reverse enginer Autobot technology is something no biological being would ever have to worry about. Though they might kill themselves to prevent being tortured for information.

Honestly, the Transformers religion adds a lot of depth to the characters, there's a reason why it was adopted by almost every series since it showed up in the original comics.

Though the UK thing about Rodimus fighting an eternal battle to keep Unicron trapped in the Matrix is kind of dull.

The post regarding the find of the $48 Masterpiece Starscream was in Springfield, Missouri. So far there have been no other solid sightings of it, especially not good 'ol So. California. Great price though.

Edited by baronv

An update on the ebay Custom MP Prime Trailer I posted last month. There is now an awesome upgrade kit (comes with a price) that brings its look to a whole new level.

Man. This upgrade kit is unreal! No more retro stickers. It literally made this custom trailer to be the best MP Prime trailer EVER! Now on par with Takara's MP-04 Trailer, but with the functions, gimmick and Roller that others want. Just ordered one. Can't wait for the kit to arrive! If you don't see one on ebay, contact the ebay seller sky_lynx1978

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220160168482

upgrad1.jpg

upgrad2.jpg

upgrad3.jpg

That trailer looks great!

Forgot to mention my latest acquisition... I managed to get my hands on what I assume is a BOXED original silver pre-TF Shockwave... missing the battery cover, but the electronics still work and the figure isn't too loose... I must admit tho, I think Shockwave actually looks BETTER in purple...

So far all of the Hasbro Masterpiece Starscreams are starting to flood ebay or perhaps evil-bay. So far all of them are coming out of Texas. One seller has like 4 of them up for sale. These scalpers are just plain evil towards the rest of the fandom especially those in Texas who couldn't get one of these because some guy decided to buy Wal-Mart's whole stock. I'm over here in Southern California and I live about 1 block away from Wal-Mart so I'll keep everyone posted if I come across one. if I find some I'll surely tell all of the So Cal fans to come on down.

So far all of the Hasbro Masterpiece Starscreams are starting to flood ebay or perhaps evil-bay. So far all of them are coming out of Texas. One seller has like 4 of them up for sale. These scalpers are just plain evil towards the rest of the fandom especially those in Texas who couldn't get one of these because some guy decided to buy Wal-Mart's whole stock. I'm over here in Southern California and I live about 1 block away from Wal-Mart so I'll keep everyone posted if I come across one. if I find some I'll surely tell all of the So Cal fans to come on down.

one can only hope that like the ultimate bumblebee, hasbro releases a glut of the MP SS and these scalpers are left holding the bag.

With HLJ.com... the Starscream USA edition is that the same box(art) as the ones that will be released in the US?

I was hoping to grab a Japanese releasebox with the new original colour SS... any help guys would be heaps appreciated. :D

It will be the same Classics style box as the USA release with one or two stickers authenticating it as a legitimate TF release for Japan. Basically the same deal as with the Japanese releases of the Movie toys.

The USA edition release is due to hit TRU here in November.

It will be the same Classics style box as the USA release with one or two stickers authenticating it as a legitimate TF release for Japan. Basically the same deal as with the Japanese releases of the Movie toys.

The USA edition release is due to hit TRU here in November.

Hmm ok. :D I thought the box would be something like Skywarp's...

Cheers Tober, can't wait for it to come in stock with HLJ.com... I missed out on the pre-order. :(

:edit: sorry, i meant Skywarp not Thundercracker's, which would be a bit hard lol (had to look it up lol)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the japanese release of the mp starscream would have been nice with the takara mp black box but still ok in the classics style package.

this custom mp ultra magnus armor needs to be released but cheaper. maybe justitoys or another company. remember this custom mp soundwave? this would be cool too.

post-2880-1193593666_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1193593689_thumb.jpg

The custom Ultra Magnus armor and the soundwave are beautiful. Id love to have official releases of both. I assume that the next MP release is Thundercracker in order to complete the seeker jets. After that, Im really hoping for a Soundwave, Devastator or Jazz. A MP Devastator would be one of, if not the coolest toy of the year.

I held off on the original MP Starscream for the inevitable G1 repaint, so I'll be giving the two Wal Marts around my area a couple of run-throughs this week. I'll let you guys know if I find anything here in NorCal. I'll be willing to buy two (If I'm that lucky) to provide one to an unlucky MWer, if they'd be willing to do the same for me. Like everyone here, I would hate to pay up the arse for this thing to a scalper.

BTW, those add-on parts to the MP trailer are quite kewl - I really dig the raised emblem.

I held off on the original MP Starscream for the inevitable G1 repaint, so I'll be giving the two Wal Marts around my area a couple of run-throughs this week. I'll let you guys know if I find anything here in NorCal. I'll be willing to buy two (If I'm that lucky) to provide one to an unlucky MWer, if they'd be willing to do the same for me. Like everyone here, I would hate to pay up the arse for this thing to a scalper.

If you see an extra one could you pick one up for me?

I'll check out the Union City and Fremont ones tomorrow and do the same if I see two. :ph34r:

Saw that several months back when looking at the guy's transformer costume website. If that was the released as part of the MP package, I'd buy Ultra Magnus on the spot... and when I have money. *sigh*

BTW, http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/mai...P2P〈=us

TF Classics 2 Pack of Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime. I reserved it at a hobby store when I saw that(HUZZAAAH!!!). The 3rd pic ain't clear, But I check the front flap contents at the hobby store... and Prime's stats are accidently swapped with Magnus'. Damn Hasbro misprint. The back is correct though.

Thank God I got a second chance of getting a Classics Prime. Classics Magnus, despite being naked... AGAIN, is a plus. :D

Edited by MangledMess

Saw that several months back when looking at the guy's transformer costume website. If that was the released as part of the MP package, I'd buy Ultra Magnus on the spot... and when I have money. *sigh*

BTW, http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/mai...P2P〈=us

TF Classics 2 Pack of Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime. I reserved it at a hobby store when I saw that(HUZZAAAH!!!). The 3rd pic ain't clear, But I check the front flap contents at the hobby store... and Prime's stats are accidently swapped with Magnus'. Damn Hasbro misprint. The back is correct though.

Thank God I got a second chance of getting a Classics Prime. Classics Magnus, despite being naked... AGAIN, is a plus. :D

Yeah, the Optimus Prime Classics mold is amazing ... as are ALL the TF Classics!!!

Can't wait until version 2.0 hits gets released next fall ....

^_^

Early eBay auction for TF movie Landmine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allspark-power-TF-movi...Z1QQcdZViewItem

This guy looks sweet!!! Despite the catcher face ...

Edited by Vermillion21

I'm almost positive MP Starscream is going to be a huge unfindable headache. The scalpers KNOW this is a highly desireable toy, not only because it's a very popular G1 figure but also because it's an exclusive. They're going to be crawling over each other to get this thing. Hell, the only people that even seem to have them at the moment are the scalpers on Ebay selling them for over $100. And the retail price is not something that will deter scalpers. It's only in the $50 range, which isn't that much really. They scalp things more expensive than that all the time. We also can't really use MP Prime as a barometer because when that came out there was no OMG TFORMERZ IS DA BOMB!!1! mania going on with the general public. TF was popular, sure, but nothing like it is now because of the movie. The movie has effectively made TF toys 'hot', especially for the holiday season. So with MP Prime it was easier to find because the scalpers were leaving it alone for the most part, and there were also a large percentage of the TF fans NOT buying that one in favor of the Japanese version (myself included). This time around a lot of fans skipped the Japanese version (the original minty frsh color) in anticipation of a G1 color coming along.

Also a factor is that it's a larger toy so WalMart might not stock it in the same numbers as smaller toys.

Many TF fans are using the 'buy them all' philosophy with this toy, meaning if you come across them, buy them for other fans. You can always return the extras to WalMart. I don't want to sound paranoid or be chicken little, and I would LOVE to see this thing released in massive quantities and scalpers choke on them. All factors seem to point to this thing being 'hot' to scalpers though, which only means ass-pains for the rest of us.

I'm almost positive MP Starscream is going to be a huge unfindable headache. The scalpers KNOW this is a highly desireable toy, not only because it's a very popular G1 figure but also because it's an exclusive. They're going to be crawling over each other to get this thing. Hell, the only people that even seem to have them at the moment are the scalpers on Ebay selling them for over $100. And the retail price is not something that will deter scalpers. It's only in the $50 range, which isn't that much really. They scalp things more expensive than that all the time. We also can't really use MP Prime as a barometer because when that came out there was no OMG TFORMERZ IS DA BOMB!!1! mania going on with the general public. TF was popular, sure, but nothing like it is now because of the movie. The movie has effectively made TF toys 'hot', especially for the holiday season. So with MP Prime it was easier to find because the scalpers were leaving it alone for the most part, and there were also a large percentage of the TF fans NOT buying that one in favor of the Japanese version (myself included). This time around a lot of fans skipped the Japanese version (the original minty frsh color) in anticipation of a G1 color coming along.

Also a factor is that it's a larger toy so WalMart might not stock it in the same numbers as smaller toys.

Many TF fans are using the 'buy them all' philosophy with this toy, meaning if you come across them, buy them for other fans. You can always return the extras to WalMart. I don't want to sound paranoid or be chicken little, and I would LOVE to see this thing released in massive quantities and scalpers choke on them. All factors seem to point to this thing being 'hot' to scalpers though, which only means ass-pains for the rest of us.

Yep, loser scalpers are a pain, but hopefully all your fears are for naught. Speaking of WalMart, since when did they start carrying the Encore stuff online? I tried to see of they had MP Starscream on their site-they didn't, but they did have the Optimus and Starscream Encore reissues.