Transformer Super Thread 6

here's a couple of shots of the Darth Vader/Deathstar Transformer with Unicron and Primus.

In the background, besides the dust, are all the accessories.

I may put them all in robot mode for a final battle, but DV is a PITA to change to, umm round mode. (yeah, the scale is a little off)

I find all of them pretty fun, and would advise anyone to go out and get them all.

post-867-1194760825_thumb.jpg

post-867-1194760839_thumb.jpg

Guys, I need support here - in the thread for Deep Space Starscream, the apparently movie-accurate repaint of Starscream, I have folks disputing the toy's accuracy because 'Starscream is tan', because the original release of the toy was tan and he looked that way in the movie. One guy is also claiming the Raptor is 'tannish grey'.

Apparently they don't notice that every appearance of Starscream in the movie has him framed against sunset (sunset being Michael Bay's film making cliche), so Starscream, the other Transformers and the other Raptors are bathed in a golden light.

Guys, I need support here - in the thread for Deep Space Starscream, the apparently movie-accurate repaint of Starscream, I have folks disputing the toy's accuracy because 'Starscream is tan', because the original release of the toy was tan and he looked that way in the movie. One guy is also claiming the Raptor is 'tannish grey'.

Wha?! :blink:

I still have my original Starscream. I'm not seeing any tan here.

311290864_f9d73829ce.jpg

they mean this one. looks ok but still don't like the overall design so any amount of accurate paint won't help much.

anyway this custom alternators bumblebee looks cool.

post-2880-1194804311_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1194804334_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1194804357_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty wicked custom, though I never saw Bumblebee with such a mean look on his face. :huh:

I think I'm gonna call it quits on the hunt for MP SS. MWer cschell has offered to sell me his extra at cost, but I'll still keep an eye out for an extra one for any MWer that can't find it. Speaking of hunts, has anyone seen Landmine or Cliffjumper in the stores yet?

FFN---I just posted some pics of Langley's F-22's, showing them to be both dark grey, and metallic--just like the toy. See here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php...p;postcount=159

The famous pic showing all the cars and the F-22 used for filming actually is the wrong paint scheme--but you can't tell because they only used it for the one shot at sunset on the ground where you see SS's "pilot". F-22's have several paint schemes, and SS is supposed to be one of the silvery metallic ones from Langley.

FFN---I just posted some pics of Langley's F-22's, showing them to be both dark grey, and metallic--just like the toy. See here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php...p;postcount=159

The famous pic showing all the cars and the F-22 used for filming actually is the wrong paint scheme--but you can't tell because they only used it for the one shot at sunset on the ground where you see SS's "pilot". F-22's have several paint schemes, and SS is supposed to be one of the silvery metallic ones from Langley.

Thank's man. IIRC, they shot the Raptor scenes at Edwards, didn't they? Bay said one of his location directors wasn't allowed near the thing because he wasn't an American.

Yup. Edwards has old Raptors (technically "LRP" Raptors----really close, but not quite production versions---testing only, will never see action) And they don't have the nifty metallic paint that all of Langley's do, and most of Tyndall's and Eglin's do.

anyway this custom alternators bumblebee looks cool.

Nice. But not sure if that face and body type suit Bumblebee that well. He does look mean :D (wonder why the guy didn't use a Classic BB's head, which has a very nice sculpt), and the top heavy body type is not quite him. Though the round Civic Coupe does. Still don't quite understand how they can leave out Bumblebee from the BT line, regardless not able to get a VW license.

here's a couple of shots of the Darth Vader/Deathstar Transformer with Unicron and Primus.

In the background, besides the dust, are all the accessories.

I may put them all in robot mode for a final battle, but DV is a PITA to change to, umm round mode. (yeah, the scale is a little off)

I find all of them pretty fun, and would advise anyone to go out and get them all.

I look at how perfectly round DV and Primus are, and I wonder if now that Hasbro has everything worked out, if they could go back and give us a perfectly round unicron.

That's a pretty wicked custom, though I never saw Bumblebee with such a mean look on his face. :huh:

I think I'm gonna call it quits on the hunt for MP SS. MWer cschell has offered to sell me his extra at cost, but I'll still keep an eye out for an extra one for any MWer that can't find it. Speaking of hunts, has anyone seen Landmine or Cliffjumper in the stores yet?

Do you mean from the movie line? Those 2 won't be out till january.

Either I'm the only one who's seen it, or I missed the reports. But about 3 days ago I found a new version of Ultimate Bumblebee, with Deluxe Brawl and (can't remember, Barricade?) packed in. That's a heck of a pack-in, 2 full-fledged main-character deluxes. Still doesn't make Ult BB worth it, but it's out there. I couldn't find a price tag, I presume it's the same as regular BB's.

Either I'm the only one who's seen it, or I missed the reports. But about 3 days ago I found a new version of Ultimate Bumblebee, with Deluxe Brawl and (can't remember, Barricade?) packed in. That's a heck of a pack-in, 2 full-fledged main-character deluxes. Still doesn't make Ult BB worth it, but it's out there. I couldn't find a price tag, I presume it's the same as regular BB's.

I saw it. As with all things Ultimate Bumblebee, I found it hard to care.

I just jab the sound buttosn when I walk by to see what pops out. :p

I found the AllSpark Power deluxe class toys today: Cliffjumper (Bumblebee repaint), Camshaft (Swindle repaint) and Landmine (Sector Seven buggy). Hasbro says they're supposed to be out early 2008. :huh:

allsparkpowertoysrl2.th.jpg

I look at how perfectly round DV and Primus are, and I wonder if now that Hasbro has everything worked out, if they could go back and give us a perfectly round unicron.
Might be quite awhile. Primus and Unicron were the centerpiece toys of their respective lines, so they'll probably wait until some future toyline has a story where Unicron is once against being a prick who needs to be put down. Edited by Fit For Natalie