Transformer Super Thread 6

Yep, loser scalpers are a pain, but hopefully all your fears are for naught. Speaking of WalMart, since when did they start carrying the Encore stuff online? I tried to see of they had MP Starscream on their site-they didn't, but they did have the Optimus and Starscream Encore reissues.

I noticed that yesterday too! They had all four of them for around $100 each, and all in stock. That seems like a very unlikely place for the Encore toys.

And yes, I hope all of my fears are for naught as well. The Concept Bumblebee fiasco just really has my feathers ruffled right now.

I noticed that yesterday too! They had all four of them for around $100 each, and all in stock. That seems like a very unlikely place for the Encore toys.

And yes, I hope all of my fears are for naught as well. The Concept Bumblebee fiasco just really has my feathers ruffled right now.

I got lucky with the CC BB because a close friend of mine works at TRU, but it looks like i'm on my own with the Wal-Mart Exclusives :(

Yeah, the recent TF movie hype has made collecting TFs much more difficult than it was before.

Finding Concept Camaro 09 Bumblebee was brutal!!!

<_<

Finding Masterpiece Starscream at Wal-Mart is going to be a pain in the a$$!!!

Frack.

Why are all of the wing joints black?

Heh, Hasbro probably thought that it "looked pretty sharp" that way. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's no different, but if the Japanese version has grey wing joints I may just cough up the extra dough for that and skip the scalper headache altogether. When is the Japanese version coming out, anyway?

Heh, Hasbro probably thought that it "looked pretty sharp" that way. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's no different, but if the Japanese version has grey wing joints I may just cough up the extra dough for that and skip the scalper headache altogether. When is the Japanese version coming out, anyway?

Takara's version should be coming out pretty soon. Don't quote me on this, but they should be releases on November 1st according to some sources I know. However the Hasbro version at $50 is pretty awesome considering what you get. I'll continue to rampage my Wal-Mart to see if they stock this bad boy.

Hehe I live a block away from Wal-Mart.

@ 2x the price? ouch.

Yeah, ain’t that crazy? But if things get real dire in terms of finding this thing (especially for places without a WalMart), a shop like this might be the only choice. I’m thinking of waiting to see what the Japanese release looks like, but I’m sure it won’t cost $50.

I’ve swung by two WalMarts up here, but found no Starscreams. Although I did find a whole slew of Classic Devastators, Rumbles and Ravages. I’ll try again later in the week.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

Still there, and the silver on the back is all wrong. It's like they got the top and bottom of the plane confused.

I pointed this out months ago, but it's got to be remembered that Starscream (in this incarnation anyway) is an alien robot from another world and not truly an F-15 so I think it's safe to suspend reality regarding some of the details about this toy. Of course if they were trying to truly represent a real world F-15, then I think we could be a little more picky. :)

I’ve swung by two WalMarts up here, but found no Starscreams. Although I did find a whole slew of Classic Devastators, Rumbles and Ravages.

Must be nice, I never saw Alternators Rumble, nor Ravage at Wal-Mart ....

:(

I pointed this out months ago, but it's got to be remembered that Starscream (in this incarnation anyway) is an alien robot from another world and not truly an F-15 so I think it's safe to suspend reality regarding some of the details about this toy. Of course if they were trying to truly represent a real world F-15, then I think we could be a little more picky. :)

And if anyone was talking about realism, I'd be right there with you. However, I believe most people are complaining about how it's a very poor aesthetic choice. At best, it stands out as not looking right. At worst, it makes the toy look cheap. The black hinges are the same problem. Most people don't want realism, anyways. They want a toy in Starscream's very unrealistic G1 colour scheme.

Edited by Radd

Has anyone done recast parts for the Masterpiece Seeker mold yet? I'd be interested in recast wing hinges, assuming they're something that can be swapped without destroying the rest of the wing.

Maybe recast thruster covers too, but I'm assuming the silver is painted on and thus removable.

I am not as bothered by the silver. Its just like the red and the blue on it, not something to help on the realism anyway. But the black hinges really bothers me. Its another example of how bad some of those guys at Hasbro are, when it comes to toy design. Is it that hard to mold those in the off white, just like the wing? How much common sense does it really need for that?

And if anyone was talking about realism, I'd be right there with you. However, I believe most people are complaining about how it's a very poor aesthetic choice. At best, it stands out as not looking right. At worst, it makes the toy look cheap. The black hinges are the same problem. Most people don't want realism, anyways. They want a toy in Starscream's very unrealistic G1 colour scheme.

I wanted the toy in realistic colors but with those colors as close to homage as possible. It could have been done, there's jet colors out there that they could have chosen as the base color that aren't that far off from Screamer's base. Unfortunately MP Screamer was waaaaaaaay off the mark with the seaweed, and was imo, ugly to boot. As has been noted Wally Screamer isn't perfect either, but it's far closer to what I wanted than MP was.

MP Skywarp achieved that happy medium and is dead sexy to boot.

Just curious, but how much of a fix IS there btw/ Skywarp and SS? I had a few small stress marks, but never anything really bad on my SS so what needed fixing?

I've been curious about that, too, as I much preferred the Takara Starscream (though, ideally, I would have preferred more of a dark grey, or a dark grey with just a tinge of blue as the base colour). I just heard so many horror stories about the hinges on Starscream showing stress marks immediately, and then cracking after several transformations.

I even asked the board if it was really that bad, or if maybe it would be fine if I just treated it with the same care I treat my Yamato Valkyries, but everyone seemed to agree that it was a design flaw that would make the toy likely to break no matter how careful you were.

Now that the price has skyrocketed and most places are out of stock, I'd be disappointed to hear that it was an exaggeration after all. I can understand the nostalgia factor and I'm glad a version of MP Starscream is coming out to appeal to that, but I'd much rather the toy that I find more appealing to look at.

I did pick up Skywarp. Absolutely marvelous. I've transformed him like a dozen times, no stress marks. I even took it to work with me.

Edited by Radd

Just picked up the Alternators Prime and Rodimus.. both pretty cool. I like Prime better than Rod, thought it'd be the other way around. He's a lot more sturdy in robot mode and transformation is much easier.