Age old debate??? Girls vs. toys

JEXPRIME

I saw this thread and laughed before even reading it :D ! I've been building so long and specifically Macross stuff, that my wife knew she had to take me and the models too!

When I left home (about a couple decades ago), my mom had the carpet redone in my old room because of the imprint where I sat on the floor building and from patches of glue.

My wife knows that when we look at a house she doesn't just see what she can do, but where I can work too! I think that's what's called blessed! :lol: - MT

Does she have a sister :p:D

Lindas pretty good about my collection, though as a guy who openes and plays with hsi stuff, i generally cant have em out on the living room floor anymore being fiddled with, or she puts them away into boxes. But in terms of display, she has been badly influenced by me; We have a large Neo and Trinity on top of the TV stand that are hers, as are a majority of the Star Wars Unleashed figures out there. We have this little ledge above the kitchen, and thats where the LOTR figures are displayed (Still cant find THeoden...).

Then there is my room, which I have shown in the collection thread before. Several shelves of toys and a couple of comics, as well as lage dominion over the computer. I cant complain about her in that sense.

Its more the money spending that gets me in trouble.

Its more the money spending that gets me in trouble.

I cringe everytime I hear something like this. no offense to you but its just another example of the pussification of the american man thats been getting worse and worse with every passing year.

if you earned it and if you're not a complete idiot with your spending habits (buying a Bentley with your American Express card) NO ONE should give you a hard time about how you spend it.

How is collected displayed now? All over the house or something. How many rooms do you have? I'm sure you can leave the living room, and master bedroom for her to decorate and keep spare room as the "office" which can load with your crap.

This what we guys should do is set aside a study work room with a computer and shelves to display your collections and a few books a guys studio of course that is how I would have designed for my home.

I cringe everytime I hear something like this. no offense to you but its just another example of the pussification of the american man thats been getting worse and worse with every passing year.

if you earned it and if you're not a complete idiot with your spending habits (buying a Bentley with your American Express card) NO ONE should give you a hard time about how you spend it.

Well, right off the cuff, Im an Australian man, not an American, but thats neither here nor there i supposed.

She doesnt care WHAT i spend it on. She likes the Saint Seiya stuff ive been buying, as well as the yamato macross stuff. But tyransformers she HATES, as well as the Sigma six stuff i collect, because it looks ridiculous (to her).

Its the AMOUNT i spend. and i spend a lot!! hence curently im on a test to see if i can go one month without buying anything. no books, comics, dvds, video games or toys. so far its been just over a week, and annoyingly, the spiderman 3 game i thought id paid off i havent. So now i have to wait till May 22nd before i can do it.

bugger.

We talked about it and if there is a small study in our home its mine. I told her you can paint the entire house pink just as long as i have my room.

BTW: thats why I did the smart thing and bought my PS3 xbox360 BEFORE we get married!!!:)

Age old response, for an age old debate: A woman needs to know her place in the home, and that certainly isn't anything to do with telling the man of the house what he should be spending his leisure time with. Sorry, but a man's needs take importance over the egocentricity of some self-important woman. What is this nonsense about "getting wrapped around a woman's finger?" It's ghastly to see that real men are truly becoming scarce in the world. YOU are the MAN, YOU take CONTROL and tell that skank how it is or she can WALK.... :ph34r:

You must be single. It doesn't work that way if you want a relationship to last. Most of the men and women I know who think they have to have ultimate control in a relationship are single or divorced.

My wife never complains about me displaying stuff. She has her room for her stuff. I have mine. No big deal. We both try to keep stuff from entering other rooms of the house.

Any good woman won't dump you over toys or other hobbies. Smart spending is the key though. A lesson I should have learned earlier in life lol.

You must be single. It doesn't work that way if you want a relationship to last. Most of the men and women I know who think they have to have ultimate control in a relationship are single or divorced.

LOL, The Tom Lykus stuff works if you don't want a relationship. I hear that show just about everyday, and it's mostly over the top B.S. for "pussyfied" guys. Sometimes the only way to get through to people is to shock them into doing something.

I'll tell you what though, my fiance and I have our own spaces. I have my office and my place for my stuff, and she has hers. There will be no changing of my space, unless I want to, and as such, her space I don't bother with. All the other neutral areas are not "bachelor" style, but they aren't "girlie pink" either. What's even better is that some of my collection, my fiance bought for me, so she knows the money that's spent on it. I'm choosing to be more selective of my buying because I have more bills to pay and a wedding to plan for. Nothing wrong with that. Not everything in a relationship has to be a battle, that a couple here seem to want to portray.

My wife never complains about me displaying stuff. She has her room for her stuff. I have mine. No big deal. We both try to keep stuff from entering other rooms of the house.

Any good woman won't dump you over toys or other hobbies. Smart spending is the key though. A lesson I should have learned earlier in life lol.

one out of every two marriages ends in divorce and the idea of paying some broad vaginamony for the rest of my life DOES NOT sound appealing to me so for the time being (and hopefully forever) I'll remain free.

wither you can admit it to yourself or not most women look at their husband's as a combination of slave, ATM and pet and that does not jive with me.

I've got enough game to not have to put a ring on a girl and start calling her my "wife" to get what I want out of them so no marriage for this guy!

you only get one life to live and I don't plan on wasting mine slaving away at some job just to make a car payment on my wife's second SUV. I'm in a position in my life where I'm able to spend my money on whatever the hell I want (be it toy robots or plasma TV's) and get up and go whenever I want without answering to anyone (month bumming around tahoe and sleeping on my buddies couch and snowboarding everyday).

in the words of the wise Tom Leykis: women are dream killers, don't ever forget that!

one out of every two marriages ends in divorce and the idea of paying some broad vaginamony for the rest of my life DOES NOT sound appealing to me so for the time being (and hopefully forever) I'll remain free.

in the words of the wise Tom Leykis: women are dream killers, don't ever forget that!

Don't worry, with that attitude you will.

Sounds like you really got hurt by some girl to be so hatefull towards women? Maybe you should spend some of that money you saved by not being married on some therapy? :p

Some people sound far too jaded. However, in the words of Gene Simmons (paraphrased): "Marriage is an institution, and you have to be committed to it... if that does not sound like a nut house, I don't know what does." :D

Maybe you've beened burned or not. I think it may have to do more with the women you are trying to attract or do attract. I've been in that game far long enough, and have been with enough women to know that some of them are just like how poonman describes them. I know my ex was like that, and she was nothing but an endless fill of spending, complaining, manipulation, and greed. For some reason, it was just the type of women I went out with. Hot girls, who were more about their hair and nails than any substance, always trying to keep up with their friends. I remember hearing a conversation between 4 like minded girls who were having a discussion on what their "men" got them. One girl was talking about a Range Rover her man got her, and the others went down the list of jewelry. Then one of them went on about how her man didn't get her all that, and one of the girls said something to the fact that he needs to "put out" or she needed to get out.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and that's how it is. Some women act in the way of supply and demand. If they think they are in high demand, and are high and mighty, they get that attitude that they can get what they want. In those cases, they need to be shown just how much a guy really needs them. Sucks how that attitude is so contagious amongst the American woman. And life is too short to slave over a girl who is on her second car, and wants only the finest things in life. That kinda B isn't worth any guy's time, no matter how much of a hot piece of @$$ she may be. With those girls, they probably want to be treated the Lykus style. For that, go for it. LOL

Maybe you've beened burned or not. I think it may have to do more with the women you are trying to attract or do attract. I've been in that game far long enough, and have been with enough women to know that some of them are just like how poonman describes them. I know my ex was like that, and she was nothing but an endless fill of spending, complaining, manipulation, and greed. For some reason, it was just the type of women I went out with. Hot girls, who were more about their hair and nails than any substance, always trying to keep up with their friends. I remember hearing a conversation between 4 like minded girls who were having a discussion on what their "men" got them. One girl was talking about a Range Rover her man got her, and the others went down the list of jewelry. Then one of them went on about how her man didn't get her all that, and one of the girls said something to the fact that he needs to "put out" or she needed to get out.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and that's how it is. Some women act in the way of supply and demand. If they think they are in high demand, and are high and mighty, they get that attitude that they can get what they want. In those cases, they need to be shown just how much a guy really needs them. Sucks how that attitude is so contagious amongst the American woman. And life is too short to slave over a girl who is on her second car, and wants only the finest things in life. That kinda B isn't worth any guy's time, no matter how much of a hot piece of @$$ she may be. With those girls, they probably want to be treated the Lykus style. For that, go for it. LOL

yeah it really is a shame what american women are turning into. I blame paris hilton for a large part of it :p

and don't get me wrong, I love chicks, or more like I love what they've got between their legs, but as far as the rest of them are concerned I can do without it.

I've yet to find a girl who isn't a batty 95% of the time and I doubt any of your wives are any different.

you just grin and bear it and everytime you do that your soul dies a little bit but not mine. I can't and won't put up with that. you can get tail AND you don't have to hand over your house keys and ATM card IF you've got balls. what a concept, hunh?

good luck with the married life guys (suckers) :p

j/k but not really.

so I redid my display and heres my room I dont have a

wife so I dont have to get permission to change stuff around :p

I've got 2 more cases but they're empty at the moment. <_<

[attachmentid=42395]

post-3216-1178229303_thumb.jpg

yeah it really is a shame what american women are turning into. I blame paris hilton for a large part of it :p

and don't get me wrong, I love chicks, or more like I love what they've got between their legs, but as far as the rest of them are concerned I can do without it.

I've yet to find a girl who isn't a batty 95% of the time and I doubt any of your wives are any different.

you just grin and bear it and everytime you do that your soul dies a little bit but not mine. I can't and won't put up with that. you can get tail AND you don't have to hand over your house keys and ATM card IF you've got balls. what a concept, hunh?

j/k but not really.

:blink::huh:

I'm getting curious about your age...

good luck with the married life guys (suckers)

Well, some people have the shoulders and desire to have a committed relationship, others don't. As for my relationship being about getting tail and handing over house keys and all that, that's your false assumption and a bad generalization. I've never been miserable in my relationship, and I've never compromised my manhood for some tail. Like I said, I've been around the block quite a few times, and I definitely know what the score is.

As far as finding a girl who isn't batty 95% of the time, well, we are creatures of habit. Even I found myself catching the same type of girl over and over, even when I couldn't stand the attitude. If you bump into a wall, how many times do you keep trying to bump into that wall before you realize that there's no door there? It's the same way with girls. If what you are pulling in are self-centered, money vampires only concerned about the latest Prada shoes, every man should grow a pair, take a look at himself, and fix his habitual stumbling block if they are in that rut of "not being able to find the right girl".

Upon doing that, you can easily weed out the money tramps from the women who will really stick by you like white on rice. It's garbage in, garbage out. Never settle for less than 100% of what you want, and if the single life is for you, then there's no need for any of it. Just live your life as you do, and don't complain about the women you hook up with. That's for all us guys. :D

I just have to say this. If you only see women as objects to gratify you, you'll only ever find life-sucking women who see you as objects to gratify their need for money, affirmation, and security. And if you just see them as a piece of tail that you don't need to give anything real of yourself to, then you only leave them the option of being gold-digging, manipulative, insecure wenches.

j/k but not really.

I'm not married myself but I know plenty wives who are anything but. Yes, women feel the need to improve you (and frankly, I suspect that's part of their God-given purpose), but even more so, they need to feel that they're a priority and that they're sought after-- that they're not just a piece of bedroom furniture or a live-in cook. Yes, some of them pick their battles in all the wrong places, but they need to see that they're fiercely fought for. And some women, in detecting that they're not and that they're merely a sexual and emotional convenience, will revert back to manipulation, guilt, and dominance to get some control back over their lives.

Anyway, it's when we see chicks as objects for physical gratification and never draw from their souls that ours dies a little each time.

I'm loving this thread. I'm single again but man, you guys are making me feel like I've been the luckiest guy ever when it came to love. Sure, some of my exs were a bit quirky but damn, never once did I feel like any of them were sucking away my soul! Heck, I've loved some of them MORE than transformable robots ("the hell you say!"). If you find yourself surrounded by terrible girls I suspect you have a terrible approach or simply have no idea how to pick the good from the bad. It's like produce at the store, just because it's for sale there doesn't mean all the pineapples are ripe or the pears aren't bruised. You gotta sort through them and grab the ones worth buying. It's even more of a joke when we start saying that American women are more problematic than women from other countries... that just makes me think someone needs to do more traveling. Women are people, people are universally flawed and difficult to click with or understand but every now and then you'll find yourself greatly rewarded for your efforts.

Did I mention the man room? That's still totally the way to go.

All in favor of home builder making a " man room" add on in the floor plans say "AYE" !!!!

I agree with some here that you need to make your displays tactful. I never display outside my Glass Ikea cabinets and its in the basement games room where the bar, dart board and pool table are next to the arcade room. You have to understand womens perspectives. When your doing the mumbo jumbo she isnt seeing a boy on top of her she sees a man so act like one! Nothing wrong with collecting toys, women collect stupid things too, but keep tasteful

I'm happily married to a wonderful woman that isn't battyy, doesn't suck my soul away (or drain the bank), and doesn't view me as an object. She's awesome, and I never have a moments regret of marrying her.

Guess some of you have bad luck when it comes to the opposite sex. :p Then again, with attitudes like that, no wonder.

Yikes! I really hope for the sake of some of you (and for our own gender) that these "thoughts" aren't what you really think of the opposite sex! :blink:

I mean, no girl is gonna like you if you think so little of women. When was the last time you found "I hate men!" an attractive trait in a girl? :)

Edited by Mr March

Yikes! I really hope for the sake of some of you (and for our own gender) that these "thoughts" aren't what you really think of the opposite sex! :blink:

I mean, no girl is gonna like you if you think so little of women. When was the last time you found "I hate men!" an attractive trait in a girl? :)

I'm afraid I'll be drifting Off Topic, but I feel I need to say this.

It's not my style, but there are enough guys that do not think much of women. I have a good friend that I still hang around with since I first joined the Marines. He treated the girls he was with like complete trash. He was great with his friends, but his girl? Hell no. He did some really bad stuff for the "relationships" let's just say, on a regular, repeated basis.

I was always amused by this. My style was nowhere near like his and I had trouble retaining a girl :p Him? Different girl all the time, all treated the same, and each coming back for more :huh:

Heh, go figure.

Anyways, I don't hate. I congradulate.

I don't think relationships are as mystical as all that. Yes, some guys are just too uncertain of themselves with ridiculous notions of women so they don't get girls while some guys with confidence and attitude can attract all kinds of girls. But that's only some and there are few catch-all rules for real relationships, which is why giving relationship advice is such a hazard.

Keep in mind there are all different kinds of women and men. Some guys are just great players, sometimes even in spite of their looks. Others are more "real" and not as flamboyant. It's just a fact that society promotes a good looking backside more than worthwhile traits that make others just as good or better mates. Some men find it easier to attract women because there is simply more of their type to choose. For some of us, finding the right girl can be a little different because we're different and there just aren't as many of our type to choose. It's hard out there for an atheist :)

Also keep in mind the ever important factor of age. Young women and young men are easily swooned by attractive, confident and not necessarily suitable partners. As one get's older, that girl/guy that always looked so good looks less and less attractive once one has been burned several times.

And lastly, don't forget there are some shallow women and men. A trophy girlfriend/boyfriend or a meal ticket/sex object is actually the only thing some people are looking for. So we can't be upset with them if they are content with that but we aren't :)

youll kil yourself trying to figureout how girls tick

Jack Nicholson said it best when he describs how he knows women so wel

""First I think of a man, then I take away reason and accountability."

It's all about balance and harmony. If your <insert interest here> becomes too much of an obsession, your girl will not like it. This is applicable for everything men have gotten engrossed in since the dawn of time... hunting, crusading, politics, toys, cars, football... the list goes on and is probably different for each and every one of us.

The key is balance - I've got my toy hobby, and one hell of a respectable collection at that. I also have a job that I enjoy, designing aircraft components, and spend some more of my free time fighting (in the Mixed Martial Arts sense). I don't let any of it monopolize my time though, and make sure to spend time with the wife and let her know she's important - as a result, she is supportive of my interests and even participates in a few of them from time to time. Likewise, while I may not be into scrapbooking or animals the way she is, I sit through the occasional nature special or help her take pictures.

The point is that it doesn't have to be all one way or the other - hence, the term "compromise" being thrown around whenever people talk about their relationships. Being yourself, and respecting your partner for themself, ultimately rewards both of you.

Some robots I find too colorful and stuff. If I were a girl, I would be embarassed to have them in the house for display.

Does it vary to them which type of thing you are displaying or is it just certain types of characters from a particular series?

In a way I like to think the macross valkryie is a kind of art worthy to be displayed the same way you might see planes in a war museam or something. (it's like an antique or something to go with pottery or a valuable rug which you just have for display but don't get dirty)

Some women don't let dogs into the house for fear of bringing dirt into the house. So maybe it is similar to that? It's the fear of "not having the cleanest house, tidiest living room, and spotless kitchen in the neighborhood" syndrome. The stuff about tools lying around: it's a mess.

So the toys being casually displayed is like a similar mess that "doesn't belong" and should be packed away like the tools into boxes so nobody can see them.

I don't think it has to do with the robots in particular: just the overall idea of wanting things to be spotless and perfect and everything belonging in a specific place. (cups in the cupbaord, tools in the toolshed, food in the pantry, socks in the socks drawer etc) Like how you might find some neat freak be obsessed with picking off every little piece of lint stuck to his clothes or else they panic and worry what others will think of them and lose the status of perfect person which is the image that they've upheld for themselves and try to project onto others to appear normal and accepted by the elite group they need to fit in with.

Colorful robots especially some of the transformers gestalts (devaster isn't too bad) have lots of clashing colors that just look out of place. lol I can understand if it was a huge collection of stuff like that with all this color coming out of nowhere and the living room looking like it is a shop for antique robots rather than a place to relax. It's would be the equivalent of having a messy lawn which nobody mows or a garden that looks like it isn't maintained so it's like: these robots are messy-looking, like they don't belong. The colorful ones are like ugly weeds in the garden that people are too lazy to pick. That;s why I ask the question maybe it's only a specific series that isn't to their tastes because it looks tacky?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

youll kil yourself trying to figureout how girls tick

Jack Nicholson said it best when he describs how he knows women so wel

""First I think of a man, then I take away reason and accountability."

yep you got it man.

and don't forget this one either "women's opinions are like Golden Globe awards- no one cares about them and they don't mean anything". :p

I'm getting the vibe here that a lot of you guys were raised by single mothers, am I right?

this generation has the highest percentage of broken families and single mothers so gone are the days of dads being around to show a kid how a man is supposed to act and a mom around to show how women are supposed to act.

we're living in an age of guys who talk about "soul mates" lol

I ducked out of this debate for abit, but I just had to comment....Are u guys serious with this? Compromise is for panzies? And those of us who agree were raised by single mothers, because what kind of man would raise a panzy?

Im not going to wade in really, but i have lost a lot of respect for some people on this board. I'd say you sdhould be ashamed to call yourselves men, but then you might come and bash me. After all thats a 'mans' response right? Someone insults u, kick the hell out of him.

It's what made America great.