CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Ok, so after giving it some thught, and doing a little looking, i think there HAS to be a way to lock the front in fighter mode

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/overdrive-bl...03/img_5260.jpg

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/overdrive-bl...03/img_5237.jpg

in both of those pics u can see the fighter resting onj it's wheels. if the front didnt lock into place somehow, then the plane woulsnt be able to rest on the front wheel, so there HAS to be some way to do it.

I'm guessing you don't have to worry too much about trying to grab a blue one right away. From the look of it, a lot of people are going to buy this, realize it's floppy, realize it's ill-proportioned, and realize they could use that money for something else and sell these quick just hoping not to lose too much. The green and reds might be a bit of a different story.

What exactly are you basing that on? We've had one review here so far, and that person doesn't fall into the category you detailed.

What exactly are you basing that on? We've had one review here so far, and that person doesn't fall into the category you detailed.

From what I understand, even with the less than thrilled response to both the MH and CMS ride armor they are both still hard to find, I figure the Legioss/Tread link up will be the same way because of the tread. If I like this toy, even with the weird proportions I'll definitly be grabbing the green and the red, mostly because I figure they will be fairly rare figures in the future.

My guess is based on the huge derivations from the lineart and the tepid sales (of eBay vendors) of not preordered toys. It's just a guess though, I wouldn't let it upset you.

This picture shows exactly what I wanted to see regarding the legs in fighter mode, and is reason enough for me to give any fleeting thought of purchasing this toy no further consideration. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me CM's execution of this aspect of the toy is absolutely hideous and completely unworthy of the price they're charging for it. From my POV this is a shame since the Tread does look pretty good, but the Legioss makes the combo a no sale. :(

post-664-1207154530_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

In case anyone is interested - a Japanese blog with a review on the Legioss and the Tread

Legioss:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/53529363.html

Tread:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/53544876.html

Lots of good pictures.

Thanks Vifam! I am surprised at the sizes, still wish CMs would make a larger production run so these could cost less and I could afford one easily. Alas, I shall wait.

This picture shows exactly what I wanted to see regarding the legs in fighter mode, and is reason enough for me to give any fleeting thought of purchasing this toy no further consideration.

Eh. It looks... Pregnant.

I'm just wondering, if we could somehow kitbash Toynami legs onto CM Body. Squinting, I personally would prefer CM torso with Toynami intakes and legs.

EDIT: For fighter anyway. Think Soldier mode looks decent.

Edited by Lynx7725

The more i see of the Legioss, the less i think of it, and this newest gallery makes it look terrrible! there are gaps all over the place, it looks cheap and a floppy chicken!

The tread looks ok though... although i'll wait for the toynazi version. This set is the most overpriced toy i've seen in a while. Big thumbs down.

*waves hand* - This is not the toy you're looking for, move along.. move along...

Edited by vermillion01

In case anyone is interested - a Japanese blog with a review on the Legioss and the Tread

Legioss:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/53529363.html

Tread:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/53544876.html

Lots of good pictures.

B)) Thanks for the links!!

Finally, a ton of awesome pics in various poses ^_^

If the translation is right, the guy kinda did a mod to the hips so they can open more. Don't know if said mod can influence fighter mode (not really bothered by the gap though). I must say fighter mode on the Legioss has grown on me a lot. Can't wait to get them.

To be fair to CM, it's not easy to photograph plastic; some plastic has a sheen that has a tendency to look more plasticky than it really is.

And I don't think it's that floppy; people do go overboard with action poses... I'm actually impressed that there are certain poses that can be done with them.

IIRC, weren't there supposed to be plugs for the holes?

Overall though, it just doesn't look right for me. The side shot of the Soldier Legoiss attached to the Tlead was particularly jaw-dropping for me for some reason. Maybe nostalgia hides the anime magic more, but this rendition doesn't quite do it for me.

floppy chicken

Floppy? I saw ratchets.

And I don't think it's that floppy; people do go overboard with action poses... I'm actually impressed that there are certain poses that can be done with them.

Same here, it can pose better than the Toynami, and probably won't have the shoulders drooping down under their own weight.

If the translation is right, the guy kinda did a mod to the hips so they can open more. Don't know if said mod can influence fighter mode (not really bothered by the gap though).

I think all he did was chip away at the holes for the hips to give it more vertical clearance.

I must say fighter mode on the Legioss has grown on me a lot. Can't wait to get them.

Me too, it looks reminscent of the Legioss in the Mospeada op, sleek nose and fueselage. The leg positioning in fighter mode doesn't bother me. The lack of gear doors for the rear landing gear bothers me though. Thats a big oversight.

To this day we still do not have a definitive Legioss. The Toynami one has questionable quality, the CM's goes a different route and has inaccuracies. Niether are completely accurate to the lineart. Maybe the lineart was full of anime magic? Who the hell knows. Both are expensive. I want Bandai to take a stab at it with a DX version, then again when will that happen?

Despite costing a lot, it seems like I have a better bet to get a non-lemony experience with the CM's rather than the Toynami. I want 1 of each, but as said earlier that might be a long time off.

Hmmm.... those pics have pretty much sold me. The one thing I have a tough time reconciling is the clown-shoe long feet on the Legioss. Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed with the final outcome, and seeing the two figures in some action poses has me much more enticed. Hopefully the price on these will come down a bit or something. The linkup is mediocre, but I've never been sold on the idea anyway... the only big thing I can say is that these suckers need some paint and decals real bad, and that's something I'd do and enjoy.

Now to figure out how to budget these between models and Yamato releases....

Some things I picked up/noticed from the Japanese blog...

- In fighter mode, the arm section apparently doesn't lock into place. So if you have the weak arm hinge syndrome like the blogger had with his left arm, you'll need some double sided tape to put it in place. -_-;

- The landing gear for the Tread is on the separate linkage arm. orz

- The Legioss isn't securely latched onto the linkage arm. It just sits on it.

- There's a tendency for the Tread to flip backwards if you use the provided stand. I guess a separate stand for the Legioss and Tread is going to be necessary?

Edited by Vifam7

i hope theres' some way to remove that ugly chest intake and perhaps put a customized intake that look more anime accurate. i think that's gonna help alot for me.

perhaps also some mod on the tailfins that are sticking out too...

This picture shows exactly what I wanted to see regarding the legs in fighter mode, and is reason enough for me to give any fleeting thought of purchasing this toy no further consideration. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me CM's execution of this aspect of the toy is absolutely hideous and completely unworthy of the price they're charging for it. From my POV this is a shame since the Tread does look pretty good, but the Legioss makes the combo a no sale. :(

post-664-1207154530_thumb.jpg

As long the legs look like that in fightermode... I'd rather not cal it "Masterpiece". :mellow:

I understand that CM's corp would inevitably charge a lot for these toys due to the small production number, but the price tag feels a bit much now.

That die-cast connect bar should at least lock Legioss when in fighter mode.

I've liked this set mainly because of the combined fighter / armo diver mode.

Although I still might pick this up only because it's a tread I've coveted my entire life, I'd rather get SOC God Mars or something and keep extra cash in my pocket...

u know i was THIS close this morning. But hearing the arms dont lock in fighter, no covers for the rear wheels and thew legs not touching.....Nah, it isnt worth it.

Shame really.

No covers for the rear wheels? Looking at the pics I don't see what people are talking about. In battroid mode there seems to be covers for the rear wheels.

Overall I like them as stand alone toys. The Legioss looks leaner and meaner in battroid, and I can forgive the leg gap. The Tread also looks rather nice. However combined the toys looks very meh. The ugly connection peice and the way the fins stick out when they should fold in completely I find unforgivable. I find it wierd they didn't make the boom arm higher, allowing the feet to slide properly into place. Still I like how they look alone so I'm not to upset I didn't cancel my order, and I figure I can try to make a custom connection arm so the legioss can sit higher when combined with the tread.

Looking at the pictures, It looks like alot of the link up compromises were made so the legioss could perform the link up while in battroid mode. Which is why they have the ugly split design link up carriage. If they really wanted that type of link up, I'd rather they made two specialized link up sets instead of one ugly one that doesn't seem to work that well in either mode.

Edited by GobotFool

i think i will like this design abit more better as it's more slimer and alot of mechanical problems seems taken out.. but of cos articulation is compromised.. and since i will be meeting saverobotech tommorrow i might be picking one up.. if i can find one thast has the right price.

screw it. In the end I bought 2 more toynamis. It costs less to do that and Ill have over $100 left over, and 2 fighters instead of one. Ill get the scott bernard and beta when it hits.

There are 2 auctions up on eBay right now for the Legioss/TREAD combo for around $300 USD each. NO THANKS!

:ph34r:

Scream man, overdrive-inc still has them for like $270 USD shipped via EMS for the blue guy. The green guy is going to run you an extra $140!!!!

Looks like the hips have universal movement(ball joint esque).

I'll wait until I have one in hand but I thought it was said that the hips had been modded to make them more poseable in the previous gallery. Even so, hips are only half the battle, you have to have more poseable feet in order to really pull that off. Then, add that all together and you can come up with a super sweet pose... only to realize you can't have the friggin head angle to see over it's too tall shoulders and I'm thinking this toy is on pretty much equal setting with the MPC. I can't believe in this day and age CMs couldn't figure out a way to design a head that turned... on a $300 toy!