CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

i'm an adult, I'm looking for a lot more from my $250+ toys than being able to zoom them around making jet fighter sounds.

Same here man, I am saving money, so honestly I won't be buying any Legioss of any kind for a while from any company. However, I prefer the CM's Legioss sculpt(I know I am in the minority in this one). I've seen great pics of the Toynami alpha from your site, and many others, and the Toynami MPC just looks like a trainwreck from the side. No doubt it may be more accurate, and looks better in some ways, but the CMs has a more fighter-like appearance for the fueselage, from the top it is appealing, till you see the back. I hate how the knees stick out on the CM's in fighter mode, but overall, inaccuracies aside, I do prefer the CMs sculpt.

I have one crazy idea.

i will get one set of legioss and tread and instead of using the CM Corp legioss i will use aoshima's legioss!! hahaha

reason? well i have my facts to based on.. see the pics!

Hope it works for you. If it does you should consider selling off the CM's Legioss to one of the hobos here who can't afford the set. :)

An endearing term of affection and fraternal love.

Oh, 'cause I keep hearing it used to refer to people who will not or cannot pay $250 or more for a toy that they find disappointing. I was just wondering if it was a pejorative meaning "discerning fan looking for a reasonable deal". Some people think that's a bad thing.

Oh, 'cause I keep hearing it used to refer to people who will not or cannot pay $250 or more for a toy that they find disappointing. I was just wondering if it was a pejorative meaning "discerning fan looking for a reasonable deal". Some people think that's a bad thing.

I've called myself a hobo many times and I never got offended.

Hobo - it's the kind of insult you'd hear from a six year old. It seems perfectly appropriate on Internet forums where most the squabbling is child-like at best. "This thing looks like crap." "You just can't afford it hobo!" "Don't call me a hobo you little bitch." "What? I'm a hobo too... haha."

Eyesonme - that's a heck of pipe dream you have there. The CMs legioss is very narrow in comparison, I imagine there are lots of spots where the fit just wouldn't work. I'll be happy to give it a go when mine comes in though!

It's cute how offended you guys are choosing to be by the term 'hobo'.

Me? Ima gonna go sit down on my pile of millions of mecha toy purchases. Being as unselective as I am, I've ammased quite a few. I blame gingao, from whom I learned the fine pleasures of paying thousands of dollars for toys I don't even like. Based on his teachings I'm going to send CMs an extra Y20,000 for the Legioss/Tlead I'm buying.

It's cute how offended you guys are choosing to be by the term 'hobo'.

Me? Ima gonna go sit down on my pile of millions of mecha toy purchases. Being as unselective as I am, I've ammased quite a few. I blame gingao, from whom I learned the fine pleasures of paying thousands of dollars for toys I don't even like. Based on his teachings I'm going to send CMs an extra Y20,000 for the Legioss/Tlead I'm buying.

:Edit: I also blame >EXO<

Ah youngling, you are but a wee hobo. It takes much practice and patience to be a BIG HOBO. Do you even know what the inside of a boxcar smells like?

Ummmmm yeah :unsure: Of course I do...it smells like....ummmmm....bread....yeah, BREAD!

:ph34r:

Back on topic for a moment, has there been any close-up photos of the painted pilots yet? In some of the recent photos I can see through the canopy that they are now painted but I'm curious what they look like up close.

Back on topic for a moment, has there been any close-up photos of the painted pilots yet? In some of the recent photos I can see through the canopy that they are now painted but I'm curious what they look like up close.

The last pics I saw the pilots were NOT painted. Can you post the ones with the painted pilots? Also....in the pics that I saw a page or 2 back...the plastic used to make these looks like it is as fragile as the plastic used to make the Ride Armors...is this the case...does anyone know?

The pics were the most recent ones that SaveRobotech posted, I thought it looked like the pilots were now painted but maybe I was just having a stroke. I'll go back and look for them.

As for plastic quality, it's almost impossible to tell from photos. I thought the plastic quality of the ride armors was actually very good, it's just that the pieces are so small that it may seem brittle. CMs has a reputation for quality toys so that's what I would expect from the Legioss/Beta. Anything can change anytime though, especially with the troubles factories in China are having lately, so we wont really know what these will be like until someone holds one in their hands.

The pics were the most recent ones that SaveRobotech posted, I thought it looked like the pilots were now painted but maybe I was just having a stroke. I'll go back and look for them.

As for plastic quality, it's almost impossible to tell from photos. I thought the plastic quality of the ride armors was actually very good, it's just that the pieces are so small that it may seem brittle. CMs has a reputation for quality toys so that's what I would expect from the Legioss/Beta. Anything can change anytime though, especially with the troubles factories in China are having lately, so we wont really know what these will be like until someone holds one in their hands.

Ahhhh I see.....I can't tell if the pilots are painted in those pics. I get your point about the plastic seems brittle....I bet since these figures will be much larger than the RA's that they will not seem as brittle and prob. be alot better than one would think.

If you zoom this image you can see the pilot is painted!!

post-557-1205963263_thumb.jpg

When comparing this image to older ones, it seems the nosecone has been shortened. The Legioss in this side view is looking great ^_^

I like this set and with CM's reputation regarding QC it's a win win situation for me ^_^

Sorry but if the Toynami Legioss was an EXACT copy of the 1/48 IMAI Legioss (which it isn't) I might have given it a chance when it first was released :angry:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Sorry but if the Toynami Legioss was an EXACT copy of the 1/48 IMAI Legioss (which it isn't) I might have given it a chance when it first was released

No offense but that sounds kind of non-sensical. If the Toynami were an exact copy, instead of the 95% copy it is, you would have liked it. Since it wasn't, you're going to like this CMs Legioss which looks maybe 20% like the Imai. What was Toynami's biggest change to the Imai kit? The chest intakes look a little different. Look at the CMs chest intakes now...

EDIT - wait, I'm not offended in the least by the term "hobo" but I would recommend not using it as it sounds well, retarded. If you need to somehow find ways to insult people with other opinions than your own at least man up a bit and put some meat to it otherwise you'll just be dismissed as being special. If your intention is not to attempt an insult on people then why not skip name calling all together?

Edited by jenius

EDIT - wait, I'm not offended in the least by the term "hobo" but I would recommend not using it as it sounds well, retarded. If you need to somehow find ways to insult people with other opinions than your own at least man up a bit and put some meat to it otherwise you'll just be dismissed as being special. If your intention is not to attempt an insult on people then why not skip name calling all together?

Oh jenius, you shining pillar of common sense you. This forum would be such a silly place without you. Almost as silly as telling someone not to use "hobo" because it sounds "retarded". :wacko:

Here's a suggestion for you. If your intention is to berate people for taking part in silly internet arguments, which you yourself are a high master of, and to insult people's intelligence for using a light and inoffensive early 20th century word in jest, first get over yourself and then take it to PM. ^_^

hmmm I was thimking that those were good for 1/72 scale but I just rmembered that these are suppose to be 1/48 right? Those figures look like crap!

Yeah, 1/48 scale or thereabouts. Didn't someone say those figures were extras that willonly come with the exclusive green Legioss? Either way, they do look pretty bad. To be fair though I've never really seen human figures that scale that looked very good.

No offense but that sounds kind of non-sensical. If the Toynami were an exact copy, instead of the 95% copy it is, you would have liked it. Since it wasn't, you're going to like this CMs Legioss which looks maybe 20% like the Imai. What was Toynami's biggest change to the Imai kit? The chest intakes look a little different. Look at the CMs chest intakes now...

No offense taken :lol:

The other 5% really bothers me to no end ^_^

I must be the only one that hates the Toynami canopy. Can't explain what's wrong , but I really dislike it. The shape of the canopy, the oversized feet and the arched back killed this figure for me :unsure:

Check the pics and you will see that there are many differences between them.

post-557-1205965790_thumb.jpgpost-557-1205966018_thumb.jpg

I know that the CM's is not lineart accurate, but I like it! And love all my Gakkens too!

I have checked your wonderful pictures in your website but I still can't bring myself to like the Toynami version :mellow:

It's a good thing we have different version to choose from.

Here's a suggestion for you. If your intention is to berate people for taking part in silly internet arguments, which you yourself are a high master of, and to insult people's intelligence for using a light and inoffensive early 20th century word in jest, first get over yourself and then take it to PM.

If you want to keep using "hobo" that's fine by me, I was just telling you that I think it sounds retarded. I also think the CMs Legioss Tread looks pretty goofy and you think it looks great, to each their own.

As to the figures, wasn't CMs showing a tiny "parts-former" Ride Armor that was going to be included with these Legioss/Tread combos? I didn't think it was a series of little statuettes but rather something more fun.

EDIT - Ignacio, that makes sense now. Nobody likes the arched back on the Toynami. The clown-feet I forgive because in a bunch of the lineart everything Mospeada from the Ride Armors to the Legioss have over-sized feet but that's a personal preference thing and I can get people hating it. As to the canopy, it never grabbed me but I can see a difference.

EDIT II - I'm as not offended by the word "retarded" as I am not offended by the word "hobo."

Edited by jenius

Yeah, 1/48 scale or thereabouts. Didn't someone say those figures were extras that willonly come with the exclusive green Legioss? Either way, they do look pretty bad. To be fair though I've never really seen human figures that scale that looked very good.

1/48 is still big enough to have good detail. I dont know if you guys have seen MW's Petarb's 1/72 Star Wars figures, pretty freakin beautifully detailed.

http://www.studiostarforge.com/products.htm

Check the pics and you will see that there are many differences between them.

post-557-1205965790_thumb.jpgpost-557-1205966018_thumb.jpg

I never noticed how much nicer the Imai kit looked in the nose/cockpit/canard section. However, the Toynami made a lot of improvements in my opinion: bigger wings, angled tailfins, and a flush airframe (lots of gaps in the model).