CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Maybe jenius will sell you his after he reviews it.

I'm a Mospeada completist and I only bought one so I'm sorry you won't be seeing this for sale. This might come as a shock to some but I actually collect toys, I don't just buy them, review them, and sell them. That's not to say I don't occasionally get sick of toys and sell them off, I do that plenty, but I'm not in any sort of business.

Just got mine today. After transforming both of the guys I have to say the armo-bomber mode is nice and solid. In addition the tread also has ratchets in the shoulders! However the legioss in fighter mode is really quite disappointing. On mine the wings and arms aren't really the problem. The front of the fighter mode doesn't lock in on mine, the two pegs simply aren't enough in my opinion. For those of you guys who have the set could do you guys have any tips on how to make the front more secure?

So like....where did you guys order yours from in order to receive them so quickly? HLJ? They are on backorder there now :( . I actually don't really want the TREAD at least not right now....I want the fighter though. Is there somewhere to order just that?

:ph34r:

First, let me say that I havent been this excited about a toy in a long time.

My first impression is that the Tread is nice, but the Legioss is horrible. I hate to say it but the dimensions seem really off with short stubby arms and elongated legs. I never thought I would say this, but they should have borrowed an idea from Toynami and used the Imai mold as a base.

So like....where did you guys order yours from in order to receive them so quickly? HLJ? They are on backorder there now :( . I actually don't really want the TREAD at least not right now....I want the fighter though. Is there somewhere to order just that?

I got mine from http://www.over-drive-inc.com. Their price for the set is unmatched at $260.00 shipped. Their service is quite responsive and they shipped out my set really quickly. Although I think OverDrive went a little overboard by shipping my legioss in a box three times the size of the actual product's box. However the item was well protected and the box was in pristine condition. I'm very pleased with this new company's service and respectability.

I'll have a full review and pictures up later. For now I want to continue to fiddle around with the set.

Thanks gobotfool for the pics :)

This seals the deal for me, i went ahead and just bought one from ebay.

will be here in 2 weeks, the fact that the legs CAN close in link-up mode made change my mind. :rolleyes:

To get the legs to stay closed you really have to be willing to fiddle around with the toy, and be satisfied with the fact that your pretty much going to have to leave it alone on display and can't whoosh it around the house.

BTW, here is a picture of it compared with other toys for scale, and a line up of the pilots. As you can see the CMS seems more 1/72 than 1/48 or even 1/60.

Also lynx, as you can see I can fold the arms in and tuck them sort of into the chest pit.

Comparisonshot.jpg

I got mine from http://www.over-drive-inc.com. Their price for the set is unmatched at $260.00 shipped. Their service is quite responsive and they shipped out my set really quickly. Although I think OverDrive went a little overboard by shipping my legioss in a box three times the size of the actual product's box. However the item was well protected and the box was in pristine condition. I'm very pleased with this new company's service and respectability.

I'll have a full review and pictures up later. For now I want to continue to fiddle around with the set.

Right on.....thanks for the info. I look forward to your review. BTW. If I do buy this...is anyone interested in purchaseing the TREAD off of me? I am more than likely going only for the Scott version. :ph34r:

I actually don't really want the TREAD at least not right now....I want the fighter though. Is there somewhere to order just that?

Crap! I just wanted the Tread. I canceled my pre-order at HLJ over a month ago due to cost and the fugly fighter.

C'est la vie! o C'est la mort.

Gobotfool thanks for posting the pictures and being the test pilot for this thing.

After seeing your pictures is the center of the Toynami too wide to sit on the CM link bar?

Plus you reminded me how much the MPCs sag.

Crap! I just wanted the Tread. I canceled my pre-order at HLJ over a month ago due to cost and the fugly fighter.

BTW. If I do buy this...is anyone interested in purchaseing the TREAD off of me? I am more than likely going only for the Scott version. :ph34r:

Aww....a match made in heaven! ;)

You only want the Legioss?? Or are you looking to unload one set?

Yeah....IF I get this I only want the Legioss.....I think. I will have to see how cool the TREAD really is...to me that is.

Aww....a match made in heaven! ;)

I would say yes.....but I am not sure how much I will like the TREAD...enough to keep it....maybe.....we'll see IF I do get this. Plus I already had one person PM me about it....maybe there will be more.

great pics GBFool. Any chance u could take a pic of the fighters with the wheels down?

I was just about to ask the same thing.

After watching Mospeada(I am 5 episodes in woo hoo, I like it a lot!), I've noticed that the CM's Legioss looks a lot like the one seen in the anime. The narrow nose/fueselage, the pointy nose, the LERXs at a sharper angle than the MPC, the sleekness. It screams animation based. However I wish they found a way to cover up the feet in fighter mode.

The paint job looks very nice. Thanks for the pics Gobotfool!

Probably the last set of pics I'll upload unless anyone wants anthing else in particular.

A shot of the wheels down for the people who asked. Yes the rear wheels have a cover, unlike what some other people claimed.

Wheels.jpg

Shot of the fighter with the arms squeezed togeather, which helps cover the rear gap but isn't really an official config for the legioss

squeezed.jpg

Shot of the fighter with the missile pod and gun attached, which also helps cover the leg gap. Official, but damn, is it an ugly look for the legioss.

Gunpod.jpg

Pictures of the tread alone without the ugly under carriage

Tread1.jpg

Tread2.jpg

Battroid shot with all missile bays open

Group.jpg

Linked and ready to take on the world

Linked.jpg

CMS family shot

CMSFamily.jpg

unlike what some other people claimed.

but, but, ...the gallery! he tell me!

lulz actually I couldn't see any doors on the 2nd gallery I saw, maybe that dude's Legioss got boned at the factory and the workers forgot the doors.

Shot of the fighter with the missile pod and gun attached, which also helps cover the leg gap. Official, but damn, is it an ugly look for the legioss.

I quite like it though. Very nice.

Linked and ready to take on the world

OMF, DO WANT BUY NOW SEE ETS EN COMPUTORZ

Shot of the fighter with the arms squeezed togeather, which helps cover the rear gap but isn't really an official config for the legioss

That looks pretty neat. The CMs Legioss looks like the union of an F/A-18 Hornet and A-4 Skyhawk. Its as if they said to each other "lets kill these bitches". WANT NOW

Thanks for the pics man, one of the best sets I've seen this week. So overall, which Legioss do you like better, MPC or CM?

Thanks for the pics man, one of the best sets I've seen this week. So overall, which Legioss do you like better, MPC or CM?

Both have their ups and downs, but in the end the CMS wins because, despite its light weight construction it doesn't feel like its going to fall apart in my hands. The MPC, despite its diecast (its randomly placed diecast) always feels frail. I do intend to pick up the MPC tread, at least one of them, probably a lancer. That said, I am seriously pondering ordering the green set right now.

Hello MW here's my review of CM's Legioss+tread combo pack.

Legioss Overview:

Pros:

- Excellent amount of tampo printing.

- Ratchet joints in the knees, chest and the hips

-Joints in general are pretty tight and satisfying

- Awesomeness of all the missile bay doors opening up

- The sword, extra missile packs and mini figures of Stick are a nice touch

- Nicely solid solider mode.

- Nice beefy opening hands

- The gun features a removable stock

- Cockpit is fully painted with a little pilot

- Good amount of detail all around

-sticker sheet

- Diecast landing gear

Cons:

- Fighter mode, front section doesn't lock in that well, large gap and rear landing gear leave a lot to be desired in general needs better locking systems in this mode

-Head cannot turn( although can look up and down)

- Awkward knee joint design making posing kind of tricky.

- Intakes do look a tad too small.

Tread Overview:

Pros:

- Excellent sculpt that captures the anime look

- Cool missile bay hatches

- ratchet joints in the knees, hips and shoulders

- Decent amount of tampo printing, but could be more

- sticker sheet

- Very solid in armo-bomber mode.

- The opening cockpit with the little figure inside is a nice touch

- Opening / beefy hands

- landing gear can be retracted

Cons:

- The metal boom attached to the tread in armo-bomber mode could have been designed better as the tread has the tendency to lean backwards at times.

Combined Overview:

Pros:

- A nice additional feature thats actually available.

- Cool display feature

Cons:

- Legioss just sits on the metal boom and is really loose especially in fighter mode, but is a little better in solider mode.

- Overall kind of looks retarded especially in fighter mode.

Additional Comments:

The overall finish of the set looks a lot better in person and the details pop out at you more. In addition the legioss in solider mode is overall very sturdy and doesn't feel like something will snap off in a matter of minutes. The same goes for the tread being a good and solid toy. Articulation for the legioss is good with a waist joint, opening hands, movement in the ankles, hip movement etc. Although you won't be able to do extreme poses. The tread actually has fantastic articulation and you could do a lot of poses with it. Furthermore the linkup, honestly its pretty lame. Linkup in fighter mode can just go kiss my ass. Although in solider mode the legioss + tread linkup is a little better and actually looks cool when displayed. Quality Control is pretty good, although there are a few minor. but hardly noticeable over sprays of paint. Honestly I just with CM's came up with better locking systems for fighter mode to make it more like a rock. If I were to rate this whole set out of 10 I would give a 7.5. The score would be higher if there were better locking systems for the linkup and fighter mode as well as maybe improvements in the legioss' sculpt. However I am happy with this set courtesy of OverDrive. So I hope you enjoy this review and the pictures I provided. Laters!

post-5389-1207265384_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265446_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265457_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265469_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265484_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265494_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265507_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265521_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265534_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265545_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265563_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265578_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265592_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265603_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265624_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1207265636_thumb.jpg

SuperHobo,

Nice review!!! THANKS for all the pics!!! I will have to sell my body and buy one of these.

GobotFool,

THANKS for the additional pics! I like it alot with the landing gear down. I did'nt think I would. THANKS!!!

Dang did I miss the troll attack!? Ah well, maybe another day. Very nice pics guys, still looks too ugly (although the tread is perfect) and just not worth the price to me but you guys have fun!

SuperHobo,

Nice review!!! THANKS for all the pics!!! I will have to sell my body and buy one of these.

GobotFool,

THANKS for the additional pics! I like it alot with the landing gear down. I did'nt think I would. THANKS!!!

What he said! Thanks guys!

One question: how's the waist movement on both? Restricted in any way?

BTW misterryno, I'll be posting some MH and CM ride armor pics on the strike a pose thread tomorrow ^_^

What he said! Thanks guys!

One question: how's the waist movement on both? Restricted in any way?

BTW misterryno, I'll be posting some MH and CM ride armor pics on the strike a pose thread tomorrow ^_^

Both can move their waists with a full 360 degree turn without much restriction.

Okay, sue me, I know I said no more pics, but I didn't expect to love the armosoldier tread link up so much.

Booster.jpg

I totally agree the armo-solider link up is a pretty awesome display piece that works well. You heard me guys this part of the link is actually passable. I currently have it displayed like this on my desk. The more I look at it the more I like. I'm in love.

YOU BETTA!!! :D

Okay, sue me, I know I said no more pics, but I didn't expect to love the armosoldier tread link up so much.

You lied to me!!! It hurts....but in a good sorta way....like when....nahhh I better not. :rolleyes:

Well I posted my Mega House Ride Armor review and then promptly opened my Legioss/Tread set. There's something different about the smell of CMs toys when you first open the box. Anyway, I'm gonna put these through the ringer for a week and then post a review. I'll say this, I definitely am more brave handling the CMs toy than I ever was with my MPCs.

where are you guys ordering the green and red sets?

btw i notice overdrive doesnt have an image anymore for their mospeada section, wonder if they stopped taking orders. =[

True I noticed that too. One more very big thank you too SaveRobotech for bringing MW OverDrive. Thanks dude!

where are you guys ordering the green and red sets?

btw i notice overdrive doesnt have an image anymore for their mospeada section, wonder if they stopped taking orders. =[

Not to worry I'm sure they are just updating the section. They should be getting in more next week they just put in an order for more stock. I'm going to pick up my CM's set from them tonight after work so I'll ask what's the deal with the page being removed.

Thank you guys for trying them out! I hope you guess order more through them in the future.