CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

FWIW, I have a problem with the screws used on the CMs Legioss. I prefer flathead screws, but I think they're going to use the other kind. Damn! Why, god, why?!
EXACTLY. And who gets screwed? Us. The flatheads who actually buy the thing.

I'll be releasing a highly-priced conversion kit to deal with this issue.

To me, the epitome of being a dysfunctional internet fanboy is to complain about minor things loudly and repeatedly, to the point where it becomes an affirmation that the negative comments actually mean something, or are somehow important in the grand scheme of things.

This attitude is completely and totally worth mocking. If anyone has an issue with it they need to look in the mirror and consider that they take themselves a little less seriously.

If you choose not to, no problem. The world will keep laughing at you.

What's hilarious is that your definition of "dysfunctional internet fanboy" perfectly describes your repeated and loud complaints about our well-founded criticisms. And yes, I will keep laughing.

What's hilarious is that your definition of "dysfunctional internet fanboy" perfectly describes your repeated and loud complaints about our well-founded criticisms. And yes, I will keep laughing.
No, what's hilarious is that my definition of "dysfunctional internet fanboy" perfectly describes YOUR repeated and loud complaints about your poorly-founded criticisms.

So there.

OK guys, quit it. Seriously.

Talk about the toy, not how the person who has a differing opinion than you is childish, unjustified, "fanboy", etc.

Debate the point, not the person making the point. If you can't debate the point on its merits then please push yourself away from the keyboard and abstain from throwing gas on the fire.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz <snort>.......Someone wake me up when we get hands-on reviews of CM's combo. Or when Toynami finally starts setting up pre-orders for the Beta.

....Or when hell finally freezes over..........Whichever scenario happens first. :p

In all seriousness, I do have my concerns and sharp criticisms of CM's combo (which I've voiced enough about in this thread).

But I think I've also been fair to CM's, praising them for using ratchet joints and for posing their Legioss and Tread in ways that show off the "solid-ness" of their figures' shoulder joints and arms.

I ain't knocking anyone for purchasing CM's combo. But the look and corresponding price-tag just don't do it for me personally.

I was handling my toynami scott the other day and its hand crumbled into dust. I am definitly pondering getting the CM. While its not perfect, no incarnation of the alpha has been so far. Even the old gakken with its incorrect paint scheme, and lack of wrist joints, ect. (yes its and 80's toy, so I easily forgive it for its faults but still, its not as great as people looking through rose colored glasses think it is.

I just want a fairly decent looking legioss/tread set, and I'll be displaying these figures in battroid most of the time anyway, where a good chunk of the things that bother me are not apparant.

Yesterday I went to Miyazawa Mokei industry presentation. CM's was there and they let me take pictures to my hearts content of blue and red Legioss/TREAD sets. The green was absent from the show but they had the retail box as well. The blue should ship at the end of the month but knowing Japanese releases I'm sure it will get pushed again.

Pics will be up soon, I really like the Tread but the Legioss does have issue but hell beggars can be bitchy but sure as hell not choosy. So I'll get picks up soon a bit busy today.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Or when Toynami finally starts setting up pre-orders for the Beta.

....Or when hell finally freezes over..........Whichever scenario happens first. :p

Checkout the Toynami Beta thread ... it's available for pre-order from BBTS at $80!!!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Edited by Vermillion21

hey looking forward to seeing ur pics S.R too! did they let ya fiddle with it at all? that would be interestin to hear bout too.

Okay here are the pictures from this weeks Miyazawa Mokei Trade Show.

I also want to introduce OverDrive to you guys. OverDrive is a webshop based in Akihabara, Japan that sells Japanese toys and figures at less then retail price to over 80 contries all over the world. I've been in contact with them about products that have more of an international following than in Japan. We are the kind of niche market they are interested in. Since they took me to the trade show I figured they could host my pictures so you will find tons of them here.

If you guys want to see higher res pictures of certain shots just let me know and I can put them here. If you have any questions about thier Legioss & Tread set price send them an email.

post-3328-1205397382_thumb.jpg

post-3328-1205397392_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

side note: theres no denying those revoltech Pods look snappy! shazam!

Could i see a high res of img_5245 please? tah muchly

Edited by Sam

If you guys want to see higher res pictures of certain shots just let me know and I can put them here. If you have any questions about thier Legioss & Tread set price send them an email.
So you're saying they have a sample? If so, cool!

Thanks SaveRobotech! One question, is the Legioss/Tread set as small as it looks? That Tread next to the ride armor looks like it would be the size of a hamburger, and that Legioss further down doesn't look much bigger than the ride armor. Maybe it's just the perspective of the photo but they look a lot smaller than the Toynami release.

Thanks SaveRobotech! One question, is the Legioss/Tread set as small as it looks? That Tread next to the ride armor looks like it would be the size of a hamburger...
An American hamburger or a Japanese one? ;p

CM's page gives the measurements:

http://www.cmscorp.jp/products/bgex01_regios.html

It says the Legioss is 210mm, TLEAD is 190mm. I'm guessing that's the length of each one in armo-fighter mode.

So this set is out at the end of this month? If so, I will be calling in sick and rushing out to get this bugger. And of course, a review will be up the next day. Can't have people waiting now, can we.

This is THE toy i've been waiting for.

Edited by Alex

Be sure to take tons of pics from every angle possible :lol:

Well, now that my camera is fixed, I can do a proper photo-shoot.

Man, i'm so looking forward to this set. 30,000yen though. That's going to hurt. But I want the chunky goodness.

Edited by Alex

Thank for the pictures SaveRobotech, but I didn't notice any shots showing the underside of the Legioss in fighter mode; that's the one shot that, mysteriously or intentionally (not referring to you, just a general statement), hasn't shown up anywhere yet, and the picture that would put to rest all the debate regarding how the legs look stowed from bellow. Do you have any such shots?

...that's the one shot that, mysteriously or intentionally (not referring to you, just a general statement), hasn't shown up anywhere yet...
Probably because companies don't usually show off their toys upside-down.

Imagine if Hot Wheels displayed their latest Batmobile like this at Toy Fair:

batmobilevp1.jpg

Go to with Jenius' analogy about girls, some folks here seem awfully concerned about seeing this one's taint.

Edited by Roger

So you're saying they have a sample? If so, cool!

No they didn't get a sample I just have all the original hi-res pics I took for them. So if anybody needs to see a super close up just let me know.

Thanks SaveRobotech! One question, is the Legioss/Tread set as small as it looks? That Tread next to the ride armor looks like it would be the size of a hamburger, and that Legioss further down doesn't look much bigger than the ride armor. Maybe it's just the perspective of the photo but they look a lot smaller than the Toynami release.

The Legioss is a little smaller than an mpc but not by much, Tread is pretty big but not sure what to compare it to. Allot bigger than a hamburger that is for sure US or JP size.

I'd like a bigger resolution pic of:

There you are!

So this set is out at the end of this month? If so, I will be calling in sick and rushing out to get this bugger. And of course, a review will be up the next day. Can't have people waiting now, can we.

This is THE toy i've been waiting for.

They say end of the Month. Did you see OverDrives price of only $220, even though the site says "Order Stop" they said to go ahead and email them as it looks as they will get more. I'm getting mine through them.

Thank for the pictures SaveRobotech, but I didn't notice any shots showing the underside of the Legioss in fighter mode; that's the one shot that, mysteriously or intentionally (not referring to you, just a general statement), hasn't shown up anywhere yet, and the picture that would put to rest all the debate regarding how the legs look stowed from bellow. Do you have any such shots?

As if taking a picture of the box wasn't enough, J/k. I would have but it didn't even cross my mind to take a pic of the under side. So I dont have any shots but from the pics I do have I would say it's not going to be line art perfect.

post-3328-1205417856_thumb.jpg

An American hamburger or a Japanese one? ;p

CM's page gives the measurements:

http://www.cmscorp.jp/products/bgex01_regios.html

It says the Legioss is 210mm, TLEAD is 190mm. I'm guessing that's the length of each one in armo-fighter mode.

I suppose 'hamburger' is pretty vague considering that can be anywhere from White Castle size to "We'll pay for your meal if you finish the whole thing" size.

In any case it isn't a concern for me, it just seemed smaller than I originally thought. As long as it isn't so small I can't find it's taint. *__*

I'm checking out Overdrive when I get home from work. Thanks SR for the pics and the info! Any chance they'll be going out and getting some green and reddies to sell too? I guess I'll have to ask in my email.