oh boi.

my local store have Motoslave - Sylia up for pre-order already. and i havent decided if i'm gonna collect this series... :S

That was in the past. Today, they're both priced about equally (AS=$65, YMT=$68). So the question is, which one would you choose?

The flat finish is probably to keep costs down.

The four figures released back then were the Atelier-Sai figures. Here's Sylia Stingray on HLJ.

thanks for the info. and i do agree yamato's pricetag looks good enough when compared with the old ones.

Edited by Shun

I think those are just static figures. Those pics have been on the website forever.

But that background showing off the new Priss and Sylia figures has not. Could they be FINALLY releasing those trading figures of the AD Police and Boomers?? Those have been on hold (I thought cancelled) for years now.

Ok, just finished watching the 2033 Bubblegum Crisis for the first time. I watched partly because of the Blade Runner comments in this thread, and partly because I thought the motoslave and rider was a pretty cool concept, but I ended up being very dissappointed that that combo is barely in it. :( Is it used more in the other series episodes?

That said, the later episodes are better than the earlier ones, mostly because that Blade Runner theme's a bit more obvious. And Sylvia's creepy brother seemed to thankfully dissappear completely after a couple of "He didn't just say that. Did I hear that right?" incest comments.

I was hoping watching it would make me want a motoslave with rider, but it didn't. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I just found this thread O_O There is a local comic shop here that sells anime figures and has a Nene from the original BGC in hardsuit with different heads, hands, etc. It's very nice but quite pricey.

What are they asking for it?

Sorry for not reading all 20 pages of this thread but does anyone know if the AD police figures are going to be released as a reissue of the gashapon set or if they are just putting those images there to tease?

It's got some good poseability though.

The tentacle mech:

It's the mech that the escaped sex boomer girl used which had an AI that took control of the mech when it thought the pilot was dead. (by wrapping some wires around the pilots arms and forcing them to push the controls - this scene looks like a rape scene because the girl is still alive and is strapped to the chair by the wires/tentacles just like what happened to myung in macross plus)

The girl was like priss and rode a bike, but then priss has to kill her to disable this rogue mecha that for some reason has a bomb inside it that could destroy the city. In that episode the cop that is always chasing priss gets beaten in his police mech trying to fight it, and then later priss shows up in her motoslave (which gets destroyed by this rogue mech) and then defeats it in her hardsuit by killing the pilot. (which shuts it down)

Can't remember the episode but those are the details.

The girl looks like she is getting raped by a robot, because it straps her down and stuff against her will. :p

Edit: someone mentioned it is called the DD Fighting Pod.

should jog some memories:

bubblegum-crisis06.jpg

Basically this scene was from the classic BGC OVA #5 Moonlight Rambler! The mecha you are referring to is known as DD was piloted by a sexaroid (Sylvie) that feed on human blood. Sylvie shared the blood with her friend who was too weakened to hunt on her own.

The DD was much more advanced Boomer by GENOM and the tech was vastly superior to the KS armor. If Sylvie did not specifically instruct Priss how to destory the DD, odds are MegaTokyo would've been destroyed. And yes the DD learned from its pilot but since it required the pilot to remain alive once the heartrate dropped beyond a certain level the DD would then change to it's autopilot mode. The final phase of this included activating the nuclear self-destruct mechanism which would detonate regardless if the pilot was dead or alive.

Also I am with Graham the tv series paled in comparison the classic OVA series and I am referring to both Crisis and Crash. For all of the shortcomings of Crash it still contained much need closure to the series.

And I am waiting for the awesome bike Mackie created back in OVA#5 Revenge Road with Priss on her hardsuit! That is a figure I wouldn't mind picking up!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I too apologize for not reading all 20 pages of the thread - and if the answer to my question is "yes" then just please write "yes/page x" - it will help those of us who are late in coming. um, wait - oh - you know what I mean !! :)

Anyways: Has anyone picked up a Yamato Bumblegum Moto Slave? Any pictures? Any opinions? If yes - then around what page of the thread are they on?

Thanks!

VFTF1

Looks like the cat is out of the bag, ALL 4 being released this year, if they can do that. Not sure if this has been reported yet.

I've got them all pre-ordered, but I have concerns about them. The figures are TINY, roughly 4 inches in height, Motoroids are likely 6 inches in height (robot mode). The newer photos really show how drab the color is on the bikes. If that's not improved upon release, then I may have to paint them too.

• 1 month later...

man. i was hopign these would be a bit larger.... hate my zentradi hands trying to fiddle with these micron toys lol.

still looks cool though. Had to cancel my pre order, but hope to get at a later date, preferrably at discount !

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of sexaroids:

http://www.physorg.com/news132727834.html

normally I would save that for science and technology thread but thought it was on topic to this thread too.

Just watching BBC again and I wanted to link two youtube vids to illustrate how much BBC reminds me of terminator. (ie same style of music used?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w35ylYNy0OY

..only japan is more comfortable about the robots as we see from all the super robot shows where they are heroes. :D One of the problems I have in robot shows is sometimes how colourful the robots are. The old bubblegum crisis was very dark and "Terminator 1" compared to the newer BBC. I wonder if yamato will make non-canon paintschemes of the knight sabers like they do with the macross toys? :D