Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Is the YF-21 bigger? The Compendium says the SV is 22.77m long, whereas the YF-21 is "only" 19.62m.

~Luke

Yeah, I was always under the impression that the SV-51 was the largest of all the fighters, followed by the VF-0 andthen the Mac-Plus Valks.

Chris

let's just wait till we see production pics before jumping to conclusions. The pics posted previously had both tampo and stickers so we don't really know anything.

True. The VF-OS looked like it was stickered up prior to it's final production but to see that most of it was tampoed was a VERY nice surprise.

Yamato should tampo everything really... Those of us who'd mod this thing would be good at it enough to cover the stock printing anyway.

True. The VF-OS looked like it was stickered up prior to it's final production but to see that most of it was tampoed was a VERY nice surprise.

Yamato should tampo everything really... Those of us who'd mod this thing would be good at it enough to cover the stock printing anyway.

yeah, there's little reason why yamato couldn't use tampo printing a lot more. I think the whole, catering to the modders, is a crap argument.

At these prices, there really is no excuse for the lack of tampo printing. Of course, these are still pre-production photos. Yamato may still include lots of tampo printing on the SV-51 and everyone will be pleasantly surprised

I agree, at the very least all MAJOR markings (Anti-UN crosses and Ivanov's Skull marking) should be Tampoed. Wasn't it said before that Tampo printing would make the item cost more and that's why they haven't done it in the past? If that's true then the Nora 51 should cost more than this release with all the striping.

Chris

...... oi, i may have made an error, i was under the impression the YF-21 was "still" the largest of all the Valks...

I know it's atleast the 2nd largest, but... well there you go, my one eye'd love for the YF-21 has gotten me in trouble again.

Probably coz my interest in the SV-51 has only just started a couple of months ago after seeing the anime finally.

:lol: sorry guys : / i have a habit of not doing my research before i open my mouth. T_T : P

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

From what I've been told, all the major markings will be Tampo printed on the Ivanov SV-51. All the publicity pics are preproduction versions with either no Tampo Printing or only partial Tampo printing.

Although this bird is expensive, you are getting quite a lot for you money as it comes with the new style display stand, overwing boosters and full set of missiles and micro-missile pods so you can display it as either # ep 1-4 standard version of ep # 5 boosters + extra weapons version.

Graham

From what I've been told, all the major markings will be Tampo printed on the Ivanov SV-51. All the publicity pics are preproduction versions with either no Tampo Printing or only partial Tampo printing.

Although this bird is expensive, you are getting quite a lot for you money as it comes with the new style display stand, overwing boosters and full set of missiles and micro-missile pods so you can display it as either # ep 1-4 standard version of ep # 5 boosters + extra weapons version.

Graham

Thanks for the confirmation Graham.

Yeah... We're definitely are getting a lot. This is exactly what I want... I want the good shiet up front... not like the crap they pulled with the SHIN 0A w/ GHOST (heck yea, you better believe I'm bringing it up again. THAT was Bullshiet~).

I want this thing to reak of HIGH QUALITY and I'll pay good money for HIGH QUALITY....

I paid 150 bucks for a Hot Toys Robocop with flight pack a couple months ago. The paint job along with the detail and the finish and the accessories and the stand, the modeling, the packaging, ALL OF IT was TOTALLY worth it and it doesn't even transform...

90% of the time I open a yamato, there's always that slight disappointment... especially in polishing... that extra bit of refinement that yamato always seems to lack... like it's an unfinished product or something... (if you take into the account of how many people here xacto, sandpaper, file, glue, drill, paint, NAIL POLISH, you'd think we're yamato's QC dept.)

WORK on it a bit more if you have to... GET IT RIGHT. POLISH IT... SPIT SHINE the damn thing... THEN take my money.

I kinda like the gold, but the purple/pink/magenta/whatever it is, has to go.

So, if Yamato were to release two Nora's, one magenta/yellow anime accurate and one purple/gold limited edition, which one would you get, or would you get both? I, for one, would actually have a hard time deciding which one I'd get. :mellow:

Thanks Graham.

Hmm, so what was wrong with the Shin Nani?! ? lol coz of the non-canon VF-0a CF then Shin or? I'm lost. >_<

Id be cool with gold actually, I thought it looked cool.

Also, while the 51 is longer than the 21, the 21 is hthe bulkier of the 2, so in some ways it looks and IS 'bigger'

So atleast i'm half right then. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol!

"We love you bender!"

"Shut up baby i know it!" *does cool robot pimp stride*

LOL!!! :lol:

A man after my own heart! I Love Futurama, so can't wait for it to return!!

Chris

Thanks Graham.

Hmm, so what was wrong with the Shin Nani?! ? lol coz of the non-canon VF-0a CF then Shin or? I'm lost. >_<

So atleast i'm half right then. :lol:

Yup. They make a vf-0a with red all over the box and it's not labeled anything... neither CF or SHIN... then they actually say (through Graham) that a vf-0a is a vf-0a and that shin's VF-0a is NO DIFFERENT pointing to kawamori.

Then they go on and slap a chest stripe on, a ghost and all it's pods, and call it a SHIN..........

fdjhguin;klfsnd;[;#$%!@!!

Meh.... as long as Yamato is doing it right with the SV-51...

------

About the Nora... Good & Bad pictures or not... if the whole bird was similarly metallic it'd make sense... IIRC, if anything was reflective in the Anime it was the cockpit canopy, not the stripes. They were clearly yellow with a SLIGHT SLIGHT hint of orange.

I think I know why they chose the gold though.... they probably thought it was too over the top bright and contrasting with the magenta, so they subdued it with the Gold...

Okay~~.... but Nora's bird WAS over the top wasn't it? :huh:

I wonder if they will point the kawamori and his bong again~ ^_^

Edited by Nani?!

you know, the worst part about the whole shin thing was how adamant yamato was that there was NO specific shin type and how the CF was the real shin type and on and on... and then, right after.. I mean literally with a few weeks of releasing the CF to market... oh wait guys, just kidding, here's the shin type. haha, our bad.

As I see it, the Nora looks good - don't really understand why everyone's so dissapointed; but I only saw Macross Zero once, so... maybe my memory is off...

This is such a nice piece that I am set on buying both versions.

VFTF1

you know, the worst part about the whole shin thing was how adamant yamato was that there was NO specific shin type and how the CF was the real shin type and on and on... and then, right after.. I mean literally with a few weeks of releasing the CF to market... oh wait guys, just kidding, here's the shin type. haha, our bad.

Yup. I remember putting the vf-0a right next to my vf-0s thinking to myself, "Yea man, Focker and Shin lookin KICK ASS!

The moment Yamato announced the Shin was coming out, it was like, SO WHO THE HELL IS YOU?!?!?!

As I see it, the Nora looks good - don't really understand why everyone's so dissapointed; but I only saw Macross Zero once, so... maybe my memory is off...

This is such a nice piece that I am set on buying both versions.

VFTF1

People saying it looks good or bad is a matter of opinion....

What really matters is that IS IT ACCURATE to what FANS perceived the colors to be from what they saw in the anime.

I question the so called "Kawamori Official colors" these days because everytime we could have sworn to our perfectly working eyes that the VF-0a cannon fodder was bronze, the GHOST and it's accessories were darker, that shin's vf-0a had a white stripe on it's chest, that Nora was slightly orange yellow on magenta, yamato brushes them off and points to Kawamori...

Again, looking good or bad is a matter of opinion... Even Graham sometimes dismisses the not-so-accurate color choices by saying it looks good to him. I want what I know I saw and perceived on average under various lighting conditions... I know lighting makes things look different but we all have overall perception.

Yamato obviously has more control over the colors than we'd like to think... especially the subtle changes that are not accurate to what fans remember seeing, but still fall under the general range of what it "officially" is.

Again, I want what I know I saw on average.

I'm still just waiting for confirmation/final pics of Nora's scheme. Magenta and yellow, not purple and gold...

Man, I thought the photos were pink and gold from those prototypes. I do hope it's magenta and yellow.