Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Oh... My.... Dear.... :blink: :blink: :blink: Yamato has done it again. Out do themselves. Hope this baby don't crack and break.

It melts my heart.... I can't wait ... CAN'T WAIT anymore....

err... at least for another week?

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Now all we need is the other 'Pink' lady to match up with Shin :p

Edited by ikhii

Those over the wing boosters look like a damn stupid place to put them.

Alas, that is Kawamori's fault, not Yamato's...they were only following the schematics.

Intriguing, Inviting, and scary all at the same time, isn't it? ;)

That's why I'm only buying one. If all is good, and there is no possibility of improvement, then I will get a further 6.

Ya hear THAT Yamato!? Get it right and 1 person will buy 7!!!

Edited by kensei

Thanks for the great pics Swoosh.

I remain cautiously optimistic .... and won't even consider buying until a review.

Would be nice to see a nice side profile view of the fighter, to see if the landing gears really support the fighter and if there's no "airplane broken back" syndrome.

:ph34r:

oh man, that thing is just awesome. I love the detail work on the canopy. I'm going to have to break down and get a first release.

NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't you know ALL Yamato first releases are plagued with QC defects and will inevitably break and turn useless :lol: :lol:

Damn, I don't know why I keep preordering :lol::lol:

Must be cause I've yet have to break one B))

Yea I sense a first batch of broken SV-51 to go with the first batch of broken VF-0S(s). I've pre-ordered one already, but just like my VF-0S that came from the first wave... the SV-51 is going to stay in the box. I'll just order spare parts if possible in the future when I order a second one with less QC probs. Eventually one of them is going to get modded.

L.E.D. LIGHTS!!!! YOU HEAR THAT YAMATO!!! YOU NEED L.E.D.s!!!!! IN THE EYES!!!!!

Yea I sense a first batch of broken SV-51 to go with the first batch of broken VF-0S(s). I've pre-ordered one already, but just like my VF-0S that came from the first wave... the SV-51 is going to stay in the box. I'll just order spare parts if possible in the future when I order a second one with less QC probs. Eventually one of them is going to get modded.

L.E.D. LIGHTS!!!! YOU HEAR THAT YAMATO!!! YOU NEED L.E.D.s!!!!! IN THE EYES!!!!!

Don't worry, stay possitive!!!!

Remember you are buying a toy and it's supposed to be fun B))

I was being sarcastic with my post from above. I have high hopes for this release. I like what I see and I know I'm gonna be very satisfied!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I'm just hoping for at least yf-19 level quality. I'll be more than happy with that. But I'm thinking we'll be surprised and this will be the best release in terms of QC and design issues.

*fingers crossed*

Those are really great photos.

I hope my wallet will let me buy one someday. As far as 1st release QC problems are a concern, I have yet to suffer from them. My 1st release 1/60 YF-19 is perfect with not stress marks and still very tight. The crooked gunpod was easily fixed so it's not a big issu to me.

Quite a nice engineering feat was accomplished in the SV-51.

EDIT : Spelling

Edited by Lonewolf

Oh my, those photos make the SV-51 super sweet looking even more! I guess my saving up for a new golf driver club will be replaced by this new toy instead. Hopefully they won't make me pay big bucks if I get this at Frank & Sons.

Just do the safe thing and order one first, like me. If its good, then you can batch the rest you want to buy.

Just out of curiousity kensei ... may I ask: exactly how many 1/48 and 1/60 VFs do you own? I thought MW member Godzilla was the resident "valkyrie hoarder" LOL.

:lol:

The sculpt I don't have any gripes with. The potencial QC issues is another story, so I'm too waiting for the reviews. I wish I was a pathological optimist like my countryman Ignacio here, but Yamato keeps releasing defective first releases.

I finally decided to order a second edition YF-19 after reading all the reports, and tho' it hasn't arrived yet, I feel very confident about my purchase. :)

NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't you know ALL Yamato first releases are plagued with QC defects and will inevitably break and turn useless :lol: :lol:

Damn, I don't know why I keep preordering :lol::lol:

Must be cause I've yet have to break one B))

Same here bro. . . :rolleyes::lol:B))