Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Got mine in from image anime today. Glad I pre-ordered it for $190. They just jacked the price up to $210 !!! :blink:

Though it's not perfect its the best transformable rendition of the YF-19 out there and its everything Graham said it would be... I didnt regret getting it.. but the ball and chain's gonna be when she see's the bill. :unsure:

Ok, whats next? :D

Doesn't it seem odd there is no locking mechanism for the torso? I'm going to have a really hard time ever getting myself to shell out the cash for this bird knowing it'll be all froppy in bot mode.

Maybe Yamato will add a torso lock on future runs...

It's not all floppy in battroid mode. That is an extreme exageration.

Yes, if you turn it upside down then the torso unlocks, but that hardly qualifies as being all floppy!

The limbs and joints are all nice and tight.

You can pick it up and fly it around in battroid mode by holding onto the upper legs, the groin or the backpack.

Graham

i think it is, that is where i ordered mine from, even with the mark up, if i order it from overseas with EMS shipping it comes out to about the same price anyhow, and i like the fast that they are really quick with shipping for me.

chris

It's not all floppy in battroid mode. That is an extreme exageration.

Yes, if you turn it upside down then the torso unlocks, but that hardly qualifies as being all floppy!

The limbs and joints are all nice and tight.

You can pick it up and fly it around in battroid mode by holding onto the upper legs, the groin or the backpack.

Graham

That's good to hear. I know I can always trust your word on a Yammie. I guess I was having flashbacks to the first Yf-19, which was so loose that it kind of spoiled the toy for me.

Yes, if you turn it upside down then the torso unlocks

Graham

That's just great -- no upside down Matrix-like kick poses. :angry: Yamato has been going downhill ever since the company quit giving us the chewy gummy candy pilots that came with the 1/48 scale Hikaru -1S. However, I did get sick after eating a few. :mellow:

Image Anime already has it? Hmmn. They were fairly high on my list of places to order from. (They usually get stuff in pretty fast---is that the first US arrival?)

Yup as of yesterday it was in stock. But the $30 dollar mark up within the span of a couple of days is ridiculous. Im glad I pre-ordered mine for $190. Action-hq still has them in stock too for $159 (plus $35 for EMS it'll still come out cheaper than BBTS or other US online stores)

And for those of you worrying about the torso not locking or being floppy, its not. Just dont turn it upside down. :rolleyes:

The prices you people are happy to get astound me. This thing is being sold by someone who is making money on the YF-19 for $165 shipped within the US on this very board. Why is everyone paying $190 and not getting absolutely pissed? Is it seriously worth an extra $25 just to have it 2 weeks sooner?

And for those of you worrying about the torso not locking or being floppy, its not. Just dont turn it upside down.

I think it's sloppy. The only time it really will matter is when you pick up the YF-19 though. I remember the first time I picked up a 1/72 version and was like "Hmm, that's kinda lame" and I do find it a bit sad that I'll have the same feeling with the 1/60 version.

Edited by jenius

If they got it, and the can spend it, then let them do it. *shrugs*

Hey, and more power to them. It's not like I don't over-spend on toys myself quite a bit. I just normally don't say "Jeez, I'm thrilled I overspent!" I usually say something like "Eh, couldn't take it anymore and blew the extra cash."

Case in point: eBay YF-19

That's someone who has substantially marked up the YF-19, then marked it up again to recoup eBay fees, and is selling it for less than $180...

Edited by jenius

That's $38 worldwide? Lucky I ordered elsewhere. Shipping is the killer really.

People also don't mind paying that extra premium cause they get something a little more out of it. It exactly as you stated, they got theirs two weeks earlier. It's creating this "customer delight" that people will always pay a little more for, so don't be astounded.

Edited by kensei

I think that if you're happy to pay extra to get an item sooner (within reason) is really not that big a deal... I mean, twenty bucks on something that already cost almost $200 isn't that big a deal, especially when it's something as incredible (and worth it sounding) as this new toy...

and as for BBTS's slightly higher (at times) prices... I'm more than happy to pay them bc/ I've used Joel for a good long time now, and with BBTS's prices, you're also paying for his outstanding customer service and helpfullness... he'll fix any problem you could possibly think of at costs to him...

as for BBTS's slightly higher (at times) prices... I'm more than happy to pay them bc/ I've used Joel for a good long time now, and with BBTS's prices, you're also paying for his outstanding customer service and helpfullness... he'll fix any problem you could possibly think of at costs to him...

That outstanding customer service is priceless and is the reason why I'd buy from him and no one else. I'd like to see store "X" from overseas or anywhere else even come close to matching BBTS's customer service or speed of service after a problem is found, for that matter. Would any of those others places even talk to you if there was a problem? With Yamato's pricey toys and dicey quality control I don't want to find out...

I use BBTS for all my Transformers needs, and agree about the outstanding customer service...

HLJ used to have lousy customer service- no contact. no one to talk to you... but now they seem to have become more realiable because I actually got one of them to email me back about a question I had ... so obviously competition helps :) ...

I hope that if I run into problems, HLJ will be helpful, because I would rather buy Macross toys from HLJ than BBTS, since it's cheaper for me.

VFTF1

HLJ blows. i ordered the aoshima dropship from them and they sent me a totally fubared box. :angry: for something that cost me $200+, i expect nothing less than perfect, both the box and the toy. according to HLJ policy, they don't guarantee box condition but sending me one where the entire side of the box was torn was a bit much.

BBTS is awesome but why pay $20+ more than everyone else for a "warranty", if you're getting insurance for the toy when they ship it? :blink: kind of redundant if you ask me. if something wrong, you ship it back and get a new one. no one should have to pay $20 extra just in case they send you a lemon, that why you pay for insurance from the get go...

i still haven't found the 19 at a price i'm willing to pay. its hard for me to shell out $200 when i know its retailing for $120 overseas. the store owner is paying wholesale for the toy(probably $60-$75), puts on his retail markup, then adding an additional markup for the US market($200). sorry but thats too many markups for this guy. ---> :mellow:

i love macross, i love the toys, but this is the kind of crap thats gonna get me out of it....

Finally opened up the new YF-19 tonight. Very well designed, and transfomation was quite straight-forward. After watching Graham's video, I was able to transform it without looking at the instruction manual. My only issue is that the wings can't seem to lock into the legs well. Graham, any idea how I can do that? Thanks.

And oh, here are some pictures :D

[attachmentid=38976] [attachmentid=38973] [attachmentid=38974] [attachmentid=38975]

post-398-1166115240_thumb.jpg

post-398-1166115262_thumb.jpg

post-398-1166115282_thumb.jpg

post-398-1166115312_thumb.jpg

HLJ blows. i ordered the aoshima dropship from them and they sent me a totally fubared box. :angry: for something that cost me $200+, i expect nothing less than perfect, both the box and the toy. according to HLJ policy, they don't guarantee box condition but sending me one where the entire side of the box was torn was a bit much.

BBTS is awesome but why pay $20+ more than everyone else for a "warranty", if you're getting insurance for the toy when they ship it? :blink: kind of redundant if you ask me. if something wrong, you ship it back and get a new one. no one should have to pay $20 extra just in case they send you a lemon, that why you pay for insurance from the get go...

i still haven't found the 19 at a price i'm willing to pay. its hard for me to shell out $200 when i know its retailing for $120 overseas. the store owner is paying wholesale for the toy(probably $60-$75), puts on his retail markup, then adding an additional markup for the US market($200). sorry but thats too many markups for this guy. ---> :mellow:

i love macross, i love the toys, but this is the kind of crap thats gonna get me out of it....

I thought insurance was if the toy got damaged in transit? I dunno.

HLJ are cumquaffers, I lost about $200 USD to them. Never got an item.

These toys would be cheaper if you could cut out the middle man, but you know how it is with this licensing thing...

I wonder how big Yamato is as a company now anyway? Big threat to Bandai? Probably not, but I hope they are growing well.

My VF-0A had the broken fin spike problem. HLJ just asked for digital photos and sent new fins via EMS.

My VF-0S has the same problem from TMP Anime and Tam gave me a discount since he could not get new fins.

The only place that I have had a problem was TIS99 on Ebay. UPS crushed my LV2 VF-1A and it was a big fight with Ebay, Paypal, and TIS99 but I got my money back.

Then there is Toy's and Joy??!! :angry:

It may be luck but I have great service from HLJ.

This might be just me, but it would appear that HLJ's customer service appears to be rather crappy in the US. I've never had any problems with deliveries or the condition of items where I am and I order from them quite often :mellow:

Why does everybody keep asking about the abillity to put the wings in the hi speed position or whatever it's called. Who would want to pose the YF-19 like that anyway? It looks stupid and in the anime it's only shown for 0.00073 seconds, give or take a few millionths of a second.

Why does everybody keep asking about the abillity to put the wings in the hi speed position or whatever it's called. Who would want to pose the YF-19 like that anyway?

Maybe they like the look? Maybe they expect a $200 toy to be capable of doing everything? Maybe they have limited display case room and don't think they'll be able to fit it with the wings fully out?

Why does everybody keep asking about the abillity to put the wings in the hi speed position or whatever it's called. Who would want to pose the YF-19 like that anyway? It looks stupid and in the anime it's only shown for 0.00073 seconds, give or take a few millionths of a second.

come on~~ u don' t interest in it not mean other must same as u, right?

I just concern that why people keep asking something

that have been told many times at the same thread~ :p

Maybe they like the look? Maybe they expect a $200 toy to be capable of doing everything? Maybe they have limited display case room and don't think they'll be able to fit it with the wings fully out?

To quote Sato from Karate Kid: Part II.

"They ASK for too much."

Is that the one where Mr. Silva and that other guy team up on Daniel?

Anyway, the swept-back look is stupid but I can understand some people wanting to have that feature available...

the same reason why people keep asking for the 3 sec screentime elintseeker, they just want whatever they can't have...

besides, you should know by now that no matter what get mades or how well its made, people will always find something to complain about....this is MW afterall. :D

Is that the one where Mr. Silva and that other guy team up on Daniel?

Naw. You're thinking of Part III (aka the worst one).

I'm not even going to mention The NEXT Karate Kid. :lol:

Anyways. Back on track.

More YF-19 pics guys.