What are the best Macross Plus toys to buy?

rewooh

Would it be the yamato 1/72?

While the Macross Plus Valks aren't the best example of Yamato's capabilities, I think the recent releases (with fast packs) of these Valks would be your best bet.

I thought they were only doing a resculp for the YF-19. When did Yamato say they were redoing all 3?

There are rumors churning that they'll be releasing 1/48 versions of the Macross Plus and Macross Zero Valks.

Edited by Draykov

Just wait.  Yamato is redoing the Mac+ valks with better designs and hopefully larger scales.

really??? that could mean cheap 1/72 19a's in my future :rolleyes:

I don't think the vf19a will be redone - just the yf19. The vf19a is pretty much a limited edition - a one time deal. There are rumors that both the yf21 and vf11b will be redone. Rumors also say Yamato will move to a two-scale release schedule - one small (like 1/72) and one big (1/48). But these are just rumors and even if they are true, things can still change. The only thing Graham has confirmed is that Yamato is working on a new yf19 and there will be nothing new until Spring 2004.

Rewooh, there are only two Japanese companies that make Macross Plus toys. Yamato and Doyusha.

Doyusha makes 1/144 scale, mostly die-cast versions of the YF-19 and YF-21. However, they are in fighter mode only and non-transformable. They are also out of production and are getting difficult to find.

Yamato makes 1/72 scale transforming toys of the YF-19, YF-21 and VF-11B. these toys are made of ABS plastic with some die-cast parts. The YF-19 has the highest die-cast content, the VF-11B the lowest.

Most of the Yamato Macross Plus toys have been out of production for a few years now and so are quite difficult to find. The most recent releases are the YF-21 FAST pack version and the VF-11B FAST pack version released earlier this year. Both are quite good toys with no fragile parts.

As others have said, Yamato is doing a resculpt of the YF-19, which should be released next year.

Graham

Rewooh, there are only two Japanese companies that make Macross Plus toys. Yamato and Doyusha.

Doyusha makes 1/144 scale, mostly die-cast versions of the YF-19 and YF-21. However, they are in fighter mode only and non-transformable. They are also out of production and are getting difficult to find.

Yamato makes 1/72 scale transforming toys of the YF-19, YF-21 and VF-11B. these toys are made of ABS plastic with some die-cast parts. The YF-19 has the highest die-cast content, the VF-11B the lowest.

Most of the Yamato Macross Plus toys have been out of production for a few years now and so are quite difficult to find. The most recent releases are the YF-21 FAST pack version and the VF-11B FAST pack version released earlier this year. Both are quite good toys with no fragile parts.

As others have said, Yamato is doing a resculpt of the YF-19, which should be released next year.

Graham

new here, I was just wondering what people thought of the Bandai Macross 7 versions of the VF-19s and VF-17s?

new here, I was just wondering what people thought of the Bandai Macross 7 versions of the VF-19s and VF-17s?

not that off topic.. as the bandai's 17 and 19 lack of metal and detail were the reason I gave yammie a try in the first place. Boy am I happy I did.

Get a fire valk bootleg and you won't notice the difference between it and the bandai...

As for the 17... If you have to have it... get it. I was less than impressed myself. :unsure:

oh yeah... welcome :)

Get a fire valk bootleg and you won't notice the difference between it and the bandai...

I have both. The plastic on the bootleg is cheaper IMO. Plus they got some of the "detail" (such as it is) from the Bandai wrong on the bootleg. I also got the wrong head (a VF-19S head) on my boot "Fire" valk, but I thought that was a good thing. :) IMO, it's what Milia's VF-19S would look like. ;)

Edited by Uxi

Graham

The big boss has spoken. :ph34r:

• 7 months later...

I have the 1st release of the VF-11 and the FAST pack version of the YF-21. The VF-11 feels like it could break when I try to transform it to fighter mode, and with all the hoopla regarding the breakable hip joints, I've just kept it in battloid mode. With the YF-21, it's a pretty nice looking piece in fighter mode, I half-heartedly tried to transform it to robot mode, but I thought it'd look nicer in fighter. It's a very sturdy toy though and feels a lot stronger than the ver. 1 VF-11.

The way things are turning out, that new YF-19 sculpt will be nothing more than Vaporware. And the "rumor" of 1/48 versions of Mac Plus and Mac Zero valkyries wasn't even a rumor. It was pure fan speculation/fantasy. Yamato has said NOTHING to the effect of even hinting at larger versions (people are having a hard time accepting this, and I don't understand why... if they don't, THEY DON'T.)

Graham

I thought these were actually Macross 7 Valks and not Macross Plus valks?

Thanks for the impressions.

I'm a newbie. I've been lurking for a few days here and have had a look at some of the collections you madmen have. Unfortunately for me to buy Yamato or any other imported toy from a local import toy and hobby store usually means paying up tp 3 times the price! I'm in australia. For example I've seen a Yamato Low Viz 1/48 costing $450 AUD (rougly $310 USD ) :blink: Insane. Ordering online is much cheaper. A 1/72 YF-21 w FP is $260 AUD (roughly $178.548 USD) :lol:

Anyway I'm looking forward to any 1/48 MP toys that will be done in the future. I have only got a few model kits of Macross plus and am dying to finally get a transformable toy in a decent scale.

I'm in australia. For example I've seen a Yamato Low Viz 1/48 costing $450 AUD (rougly $310 USD ) :blink: Insane. Ordering online is much cheaper. A 1/72 YF-21 w FP is $260 AUD (roughly $178.548 USD) :lol:

Get them while they are new. I was studying in Australia last year, and when the Roy VF-1S 1/48 came out, I bought it from Hobby Japan Melbourne for AUD250...kinda pricier than in the US....but not as crazy as the YF-21FP you saw.

Anyway I'm looking forward to any 1/48 MP toys that will be done in the future. I have only got a few model kits of Macross plus and am dying to finally get a transformable toy in a decent scale.

There will not be any 1/48 Macross Plus toys ever. They would be too big and too expensive.

There may be new 1/72 scale or perhaps 1/60 scale versions released sometime in the future.....or not. With no news for such a long time, perhaps Yamato has given up on Macross Plus toys.

Graham

With no news for such a long time, perhaps Yamato has given up on Macross Plus toys.

Does this mean that a new and affordable YF-19 has gone the way of the 1/60 FP upgrades. :(

So they see a higher profit margin the the VB-6 and 1/100 VF-0 than the YF-19 fans have been asking about for years now?

If this does become vaporware, then Yamato is on crack. I still have some hope though, after the VB-6 comes out.

I'm not dying of wait though anymore. VF-19A, Fire Valk, and a Hasegawa will be sufficient for my -19 fix.

Yamato has been a strange creature this past year.

Edited by Anubis

With no news for such a long time, perhaps Yamato has given up on Macross Plus toys.

Does this mean that a new and affordable YF-19 has gone the way of the 1/60 FP upgrades. :(

So they see a higher profit margin the the VB-6 and 1/100 VF-0 than the YF-19 fans have been asking about for years now?

If this does become vaporware, then Yamato is on crack. I still have some hope though, after the VB-6 comes out.

I'm not dying of wait though anymore. VF-19A, Fire Valk, and a Hasegawa will be sufficient for my -19 fix.

I hope they don't see it that way. Yamato, just give what the -19 fans want and they'll stop bickering!!! At least the monkey will be off your back!!!

There will not be any 1/48 Macross Plus toys ever. They would be too big and too expensive.

There may be new 1/72 scale or perhaps 1/60 scale versions released sometime in the future.....or not. With no news for such a long time, perhaps Yamato has given up on Macross Plus toys.

Graham

Ah well, 1/60 would be good to match up with other macross 1/60 toys. We should get all fans and hobby stores to create a poll: "would you buy M+ 1/60? Or redone 1/72?"

Maybe if they space them apart long enough, they can make more money. So no word until everyone who has wanted the existing toys actually has them. ...and THEN, bang! announce a new 1/60. :D

If people knew for sure newer and better ones were planned it would kill sales of existing ones. (just how long has it been since the original M+ anyway?) You would be competing against yourself since there aren't any other companies competing to make the M+ toys.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I would have to say that out of all the Macross Plus toys Yamato has done, the VF-11B is by far the best. The only flaw I can come up with is how difficult it is to get the shoulders to sit in fighter mode. The hip joint really wasn't a big deal for me, because I was able to do some reconstructive hip surgery and now it's stronger than before. I even contemplated breaking the other one just to make it stronger, but I didn't have the balls to do it. As faw as the new releases, I can live with a 1/60 but I'm not a big fan of the 1/60 VF-1's. Now if they were to come out with perfect transformation 1/60's I would be a happy camper.

As for the YF & VF-19, It's a little hard keeping them standing in battroid and gerwalk modes, and they don't really look as impressive in fighter mode as the do in the cartoon/game. Difficult to transform and very unbalanced.

The YF-21 is just plain old ugly in my opinion, except for maybe the fighter mode. The chicken legs really turned me off to that one, so I didn't even bother getting it.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I do think people at yamato still drop by here occasionally, and the topic that's most recycled around here is regarding the fabled YF 19 FP. It's one of the most anticipated figures here and yamato should know it by now.

I just wish they told us whether it was dead or if theyre still working on it. I mean, forget development pic or prototype pics... we all know we'll never see them until a couple of months prior to launch, but gosh.... at least give anxious yf 19 fans peace of mind.

Yamato in that respects is outright mean. :angry: