Transformer Starscream Masterpiece has arrived!

kentgh

man, he's THAT small?? Between this and the slime green colour I have gone off this fella a bit, and I have been itching for it to come up til now. If I buy one I'll repaint him grey to look like the low viz ver.1.

I got mine yesterday. Takara's QC has gone to pot: mine came with the arm stripes and other paint peeling off and NO SIDE LASERS!! Both of 'em missing. Sucks. I hate that there's no window in that box.

That said, it doesn't look too shabby with the sidewinders on the arms.

I got mine yesterday. Takara's QC has gone to pot: mine came with the arm stripes and other paint peeling off and NO SIDE LASERS!! Both of 'em missing. Sucks. I hate that there's no window in that box.

That said, it doesn't look too shabby with the sidewinders on the arms.

I really like the mold and the colours and was looking forward to receiving mi MP SS but hearing that the white paint is chipping off easily sure sucks (and here I was glad there wasn't much diecast...). And the QC issues I'm reading about don't make things better... I expected Takara to have better QC than Yamato. Guess you can only count on Bandai for first releases.

Anyways, "the shoulder machine gun kibble is detachable" and another shot of the hip kibble moved to the legs:

IPB Image

Taken from here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...ed=1#post843001

Edited by Twoducks

As an FYI, since BotCon is going on this weekend, one of the Hasbro reps apparently said that if Hasbro brings MP Screamer to the states, they'd release him in his G1 colors. This was reported on either Seibertron or TFW 2005, I think.

Big point: IF

Also--G1 could mean toy or anime. For most of all TF-dom AFAIK, fans generally prefer/expect toy colors. Examples:

Starscream. Baby-blue fists, or deep blue fists?

Thundercracker: baby-blue overall, or metallic sapphire?

Grimlock: yellow chest, or metallic gold chest?

Prime: pale grey stacks and bumper, or chrome?

"Baby blue fist" MP Starscream wouldn't be accepted any more than Greenscream is.

G1 *toy* colors are what we want. Anime-accurate never looks good. Except maybe for Astrotrain.

Just transformed mine. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the details on the toy and the fighter mode is really flawless.....i bet if ppl saw it on my desk they wouldn't know it could be transformed. I'm really happy that i got it for about slightly more than half of what i'd pay for a 1/48 valk. Ahhh if only valks had these much detail and were as cheap.

I have almost no complaints, except that there are stress marks on the connecting points of the wings to the body. The joints looks like it allows the wings to be folded back in robot mode but i don't have the courage to try them out , with the stress marks and all. I am worried that these might break in the future after some play. :(

Edited by wolfx

We’ll probably see a Deluxe Anime MP SS or something before Hasbro gets to release their SS seeing as they have a lot of stuff going around, including the movie.

There are some peg holes on the shoulders that would be perfect to stick some coronation shoulder pads and the head also has some holes on the sides that could be used to hold the crown in place. Prime gets re-released with the trailer so SS could be re-released with the coronation gear.

[attachmentid=37023]

[attachmentid=37024]

More picks in this gallery:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...598&start=0

The more I see the toy the more I want it, can't wait for mine to arrive.

post-2996-1159705778_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1159705797_thumb.jpg

Me too. It'll still be a few weeks for mine to arrive at Twinn moons so it'll be the better part of a month until I get mine.

Question, I can't remember but do all the seekers have identical faces? So the only difference would be there color? Or are there slight variations in or on the head designs.

Chris

Me too. It'll still be a few weeks for mine to arrive at Twinn moons so it'll be the better part of a month until I get mine.

Question, I can't remember but do all the seekers have identical faces? So the only difference would be there color? Or are there slight variations in or on the head designs.

Chris

Far as I know they have the same face with different colours on it.

MP SS face isn't a single piece; each face is molded separately and glued together so if they do other seeker repaints they could change the expressions and not have everyone with the neutral and smirk faces.

Edited by Twoducks

What bugs me is that most people seem to think this is a "Kawamori solo" project.

All Kawamori did is come in after the first design was finalised and made some additions. Kawakori steals the limelight and the poor schlub who did most of the groundwork gets zip.

That must kinda suck.

[attachmentid=37023]

[attachmentid=37024]

More picks in this gallery:

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...598&start=0

The more I see the toy the more I want it, can't wait for mine to arrive.

I just noticed the same problem with mine as evident in those photos, the canopy hinge either wasn't painted properly or the paint came off due to the opening and closing of the canopy. So there's an obvious lack of grey/green on the top of starscream's chest. It bothers me.

I've noticed he looks abit uncomfortable in every photo I've seen of him, like as if he'd prefer to be back in his studio or something.

You guys pay tribute to him, but let's not forget Takara's designers and engineers. They were the ones who actually managed to figure out how to get his concept into a working toy under budget ;)

I've noticed he looks abit uncomfortable in every photo I've seen of him, like as if he'd prefer to be back in his studio or something.

You guys pay tribute to him, but let's not forget Takara's designers and engineers. They were the ones who actually managed to figure out how to get his concept into a working toy under budget ;)

how do you know what the budget was?

We’ll probably see a Deluxe Anime MP SS or something before Hasbro gets to release their SS seeing as they have a lot of stuff going around, including the movie.

This is why I cancelled my pre-order as soon as I saw the final colors. As much I dig the toy, I'm gonna wait for the cartoony version to come out. Seeing as how Takara can do so many variations on this mold, it'll only be a matter of time.

I'm of the opinion most people see Kawamori as the guy who came in and "ruined" the original version of the mold that others had designed.

meaning what exactly? they're saying he messed up the original "G1" starscream?

Honestly, it really seems like a great and appropriate design. MPC Prime is not exact to the original design, but a teched up and more detailed homage. Same with SS... combining full functionality with a superb level of detail representing an improved and much more believable version of the original design.