Heroes

Dangard Ace

The thing I don't get was that Nathan thought that that was the better way out, but shooting Peter would have been a better alternative... just shoot him to stop the blast then pull out the bullet later... tadaaa!!! done! everyone happy.

I thought the same thing. Also, we all know Peter is going to live, so Nathan pretty much threw his life away for nothing. That is unless, of course, the writers decide that Nathan somehow lived. Maybe Nathan took Peter way up high and let go of him, then flew away to a safe distance while Peter exploded :shrug:

Gotta admit the ending wasn't what I was expecting but made sense. Still I was looking forward to a Sylar vs Peter all out power fight but in the end I wasn't disappointed. Let down, yes but not disappointed.

Wasn't going to happen. The Heroes were fighting to prevent the bomb from destroying NYC but they also don't want people to know that they're "special". They'd immediately be hunted down. If that became the case then all the fans would be out screaming that it was an even bigger rip of X-men's Days of Future Past story arc.

With regards to powers, none of them are very skilled or powerful, except for possibly Sylar, with their abilities. Future Peter could have done all that you outlined in your scenario but that's in five years. Present Peter has a ton of abilities but he has poo control. He only has access to them when he's getting the tar beat out of him. Lastly funnelling up a nuclear explosion/fallout? That's about the last thing you want to do. All those movies about nuclear fallout tell me this. :p

Ah but the bomb/NYC explosion did happen. Remember when Hiro first saw it? It was in the future and it was daytime. As long as Hiro remembers it it happened because it's what started him off on his journey.

I don't know about "Days of the Future Past".. That's why Peter dies. He's not skilled enough. His containment of a nuclear blast and subsequent absorbption of the fallout radiation using Ted's powers kill him. Because face it, he's invincible right now. Moreso than Sylar.

I like the characters of Peter and Sylar. But they need to die for the sake of balance in the powers. I liked Hiro as a character until the last 3 eps. His characterization went down the wrong path at that point. For someone who wants to be a hero and has seen what the future is like, he sure can't do anything right.

This arc is called "Genesis". Their existence should have became public by the end of the beginning. The finale sucked because up until the end, the writers have proven that they can do wonderful stories. That made the finale a complete letdown.

vinnie

Sylar can stop bullets but gets run through with a sword by a little Japanese man cause he just stares at him. Peter "I'm never quite gonna explode until all the monologus are over" Petrelli. I agree with the guy on 9th Wonder that there was no sense of urgency like in "Company Man" when Ted was about to explode not to mention the SFX were so much better. He looked like he was going critical instead of just his hands glowing.

I also watched it with others and the finale was kinda of a letdown, expected a big extravagant fight and sfx (maybe like 24, Lost, etc.) and ended up getting a empty NY city street with a handful of characters (that NY block they were fighting on looked like a new corporate area and no one was around? Where were the homeless, panhandlers and hookers?).

Also did no one die? I thought major characters were going to die like the phasing-out husband guy and the telepathic cop and they both end up surviving.

I still like the series but that was really a CRAPTASTIC finale. Your're supposed to leave the viewer wanting more & to look forward to next season. The writers of Smallville & BSG know how to do a finale(Bizarro Clark & The return of Starbuck, yay!) but Heroes....Hmmmmmmmmmm...Let me see...HIRO GETS STUCK IN ANCIENT JAPAN?!!?!!! That's completely lame. The only thing that can save that storyline if Hiro trains & becomes a real badass samurai.

Having caught the last part of it, I have to say, they needed to have done a better job at the end. How Hiro killed Sylar was just lame. I don't even recall him freezing time.

Now, it's sad that Peter comes back, if it is true and Nathan returns as well. Then the show is a loser. Nathan should be dead, when Peter goes kaboom, is he actually harmed himself?

Questions about Generations...

(1) In the future episode we saw that Claire was still alive. This meant that Sylar didn't have Claire's power and survived being stabbed by Hiro the 'first time'. So why should everyone expect him to die now, why the need to keep Sylar from getting Claire's power?

(2) Peter should be able to fly on his own... even more so after Nathan showed up? Why would Peter let Nathan put himself in harms way like that when he shouldn't have had to.

(3) I missed the first few minutes but I did see a credit for George Takei at the beginning. I don't remember seeing him in this episode (unless it was in the first few minutes). Since the name of the episode is Generations what do you want to bet that the lone samurai at the end is Hiro's dad?

Carl

Yeah, after all the build up in the prevous episdoe, you kind of expect even some kind of grand finale that's not so low key. Instead... it's like sex with that hot looking chick who turned out to be totally awful in bed.

LOL I love the way you describe it!! It fits perfectly ...... I was very dissapointed in the whole episode. There was so much to tie up I felt like they crammed some stuff into a quick hr and let us all down. IMO the finale should have been at least 2 hrs long and more explosive...no pun intended lol really :D

Questions about Generations...

(1) In the future episode we saw that Claire was still alive. This meant that Sylar didn't have Claire's power and survived being stabbed by Hiro the 'first time'. So why should everyone expect him to die now, why the need to keep Sylar from getting Claire's power?

(2) Peter should be able to fly on his own... even more so after Nathan showed up? Why would Peter let Nathan put himself in harms way like that when he shouldn't have had to.

(3) I missed the first few minutes but I did see a credit for George Takei at the beginning. I don't remember seeing him in this episode (unless it was in the first few minutes). Since the name of the episode is Generations what do you want to bet that the lone samurai at the end is Hiro's dad?

Carl

1) It isn't preventing Sylar from getting Claire's power. It's keeping Claire alive to be Nathan's conscience(Jiminey Cricket). Without her questioning him, rather harshly, before her swan dive out the window I don't think Nathan would have tried to stop Peter from exploding.

2a) Peter was already having trouble containing his exploding power from....exploding. I don't think he could spare the willpower from exploding to fly away.

2b) That would have such a rip off of the death the DC character Firestorm(nuclear man) it's not funny.

3) George Takei was there(blacksmith store) to see Hiro off on his quest to save Ando and the world.

1) It isn't preventing Sylar from getting Claire's power. It's keeping Claire alive to be Nathan's conscience(Jiminey Cricket). Without her questioning him, rather harshly, before her swan dive out the window I don't think Nathan would have tried to stop Peter from exploding.

2a) Peter was already having trouble containing his exploding power from....exploding. I don't think he could spare the willpower from exploding to fly away.

2b) That would have such a rip off of the death the DC character Firestorm(nuclear man) it's not funny.

3) George Takei was there(blacksmith store) to see Hiro off on his quest to save Ando and the world.

1. Nope. FH asked CP to "Save the cheerleader, save the world." because he thought that if Sylar didn't have Claire's power, he could kill him and thus prevent the bomb. See "Five Years Gone" again. FH would not know that Claire would spur Nathan to have a change of heart. How could he? He only knows what has happened and unfortunately in his timeline, Claire was already dead or he was absent to find out what happened. To answer Carl, Sylar was never stabbed! CH jumped to the future and thus created an alternate timeline where he did not participate in the events leading up to the explosion. CH had to go back in time to fix that little problem.

2. THe nature of Peter's powers are rather unexplained. He doesn't seem to get everyone's powers he comes in to contact him. For instance, he didn't get the Haitian. He didn't get his mom's power. He didn't get Claude's when before he met him when he was a hospice nurse in the same damn building. He got Sylar's TK but not his super hearing and eidetic memory. It was hypothesized that they had to use their power in his presence for him to copy it. But Sylar used super hearing, and Peter never got it. Then Landslide threw that out the window because, Ted never used his power when he first met Peter. Peter just passively absorbed. So apparently they don't have to use the power for Peter to get it.

Peter has been shown to use two powers at once (ecluding his native power). However, this only happened in the FYG. In his first appearace, Peter was invisible AND used TK at the same time. BUt FP is pretty badass so maybe CP can't use do that yet.

vinnie

Yeah I was thinking about how they could have Nathan and Peter survive:

Nathan: "Okay we're high enough bro, I'm gonna let you go now."

Peter: "Huh?"

Nathan: "I'm not going to die now that I've become a congressman, you can heal like Claire! You'll survive going nuclear and the fall! See ya, sucker!" [lets go, Peter flies higher into the air as Nathan flies away]

Peter: "OH SHI-" [bOOM]

[Everyone in New York and the surrounding states grow tentacles from the fallout floating down from high in the sky. Peter falls to earth and splats, but miraculously enough of his brain is intact to heal his body.]

tada! Not that I'm really hoping for this to have happened though. :p

Hiro back in time didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. I fear suckiness next season. But hoping for awesome.

1. Nope. FH asked CP to "Save the cheerleader, save the world." because he thought that if Sylar didn't have Claire's power, he could kill him and thus prevent the bomb. See "Five Years Gone" again. FH would not know that Claire would spur Nathan to have a change of heart. How could he? He only knows what has happened and unfortunately in his timeline, Claire was already dead or he was absent to find out what happened. To answer Carl, Sylar was never stabbed! CH jumped to the future and thus created an alternate timeline where he did not participate in the events leading up to the explosion. CH had to go back in time to fix that little problem.

I thought FH had stabbed Sylar and thought Sylar had surived because he assumed Sylar had absorbed Claire's power. Thus leading to his message to CP. Are you saying FH never stabbed Sylar? Maybe I need to watch "Five Years Gone" again myself.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

2. THe nature of Peter's powers are rather unexplained. He doesn't seem to get everyone's powers he comes in to contact him. For instance, he didn't get the Haitian. He didn't get his mom's power. He didn't get Claude's when before he met him when he was a hospice nurse in the same damn building. He got Sylar's TK but not his super hearing and eidetic memory. It was hypothesized that they had to use their power in his presence for him to copy it. But Sylar used super hearing, and Peter never got it. Then Landslide threw that out the window because, Ted never used his power when he first met Peter. Peter just passively absorbed. So apparently they don't have to use the power for Peter to get it.

Peter has been shown to use two powers at once (ecluding his native power). However, this only happened in the FYG. In his first appearace, Peter was invisible AND used TK at the same time. BUt FP is pretty badass so maybe CP can't use do that yet.

vinnie

Yes that was FH original intent. He thought that Claire was dead in his timeline and that Sylar had her regen ability. He didn't know that HRG had already hidden away Claire. FH was wrong in his assumptions. When CH jumped to the future in Five Years Gone Claire was still alive, just hidden by HRG. It appears that Sylar has a rise-from-the-dead-power that he's already obtained from one of the dead people on The List. He's used it at least twice. Once when the OWI/Primatech technician killed/nearly killed him(we see a cockroach then) and now in the season finale after being run through by Hiro(and we see a cockroach again). This power though isn't instantaneous regen like Claires so leaves him vulnerable to dismemberment or some form of physical restraint while he's "dead". That explains why he would want her power.

BUT FH was also right in a way. Saving the Cheerleader did save the world. Sending Peter to meet Claire at Homecoming started changing the future. The original bomb witnessed by CH was during the day. This bomb was a nighttime affair. I standby my Jiminy Cricket theory above. If Claire did not meet Peter she would not have run to NYC to look for him after Company Man, a man who was like her, someone she could trust. She would not have met her father and have been in NYC at the crucial time to be his conscience. She would have been hiding in France under the assumed name Vivian something-from Canada. :p and Nathan would not have been there to swoop Peter into the sky to harmlessly explode above the city.

I thought FH had stabbed Sylar and thought Sylar had surived because he assumed Sylar had absorbed Claire's power. Thus leading to his message to CP. Are you saying FH never stabbed Sylar? Maybe I need to watch "Five Years Gone" again myself.

Carl

I too believe that FH did still stab Sylar. I'd need to watch FYG to confirm that though.

I liked the episode, I didn't think that it was a bad as others but it was enjoyable. I took some suprising twist that I didn't see. I think they will phase some characters out of next season, because it seems that their stories have been resolved to some extent. I don't think well see much of Nicki, DL and Micah. Same goes for Parkman. Does anyone know what grandma Petrelli's powers are? Has it been confirmed that both Nathan and Peter survived the explosion? I see Peter, but Nathan, No. This story arc did seem alot like X-men Days of Future Past to me as well. Kring is obviously a fan of that story because the Blacksmith's Name was Claremont (longtime writer of X-men).

A few people think Mrs Petrelli's power is something along the lines of "persuasion" since people always seem to agree with her whenever she's done speaking (and she seems to always be able to convince people/change their mind)----but we've already seen that with Eden. Though I'll admit that's what my first guess was. I doubt they'd "duplicate" Eden's power. But of course, Peter and Sylar have intentionally similar powers.

Looks like some of the Heroes stars did die, I thought they all survived.

HEROES

Producer Greg Beeman posted a blog about the season finale, summing up the events of the year and talking a little about what's to come: "While you guys may have to wait 3 months or so for the next installment, let me encourage you with the following news: First we here at 'HEROES' are already all back at work. Episode 1 is being written as we speak and we begin shooting episode 1 in about 1 short month. I have heard the writers pitch out the story lines for the next season and lemme tell you they are freakin' awesome. There are new characters. New powers. Some of the characters you have come to know and love, in fact, DID die last night. And ALL those who survive will be moving on in new and unexpected directions. We are all ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED to not repeating ourselves next season à but in bringing you a freshly conceived show. Also, the reason we are beginning so early is that we are all committed to long runs of the show next year with very few, and very short hiatuses. We don't want to be off the air with new episodes for 5 or 6 weeks anymore."

Could they have given him a more dorky name...

Someone on a different board noted a couple of weeks ago that a lot of the characters have Biblical names. I originally dismissed it as not being significant, given that names like "Peter". etc. are relatively common in Western countries with a strong Judeo-Christian background. However, with the revelation of Mr. Bennett's first name, which is a relatively uncommon one, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a thematic significance after all.

A few people think Mrs Petrelli's power is something along the lines of "persuasion" since people always seem to agree with her whenever she's done speaking (and she seems to always be able to convince people/change their mind)----but we've already seen that with Eden. Though I'll admit that's what my first guess was. I doubt they'd "duplicate" Eden's power. But of course, Peter and Sylar have intentionally similar powers.

Why would they reveal them at all? The "older generation" has nothing to gain by going all flashy and throwing their powers about. They're worth millions, they got people to do their stuff for them. And they're not in their prime, so showing their abilities to the wrong people makes them targets more than anything. Linderman only showed his in hopes of getting Nathan to willingly join his cause easily. Mrs Petrelli and Hiro's dad don't need to do that to gain their children's trust.

A smart person would hide their abilities to the last moment, especially with a hunter like Sylar out their. Just another card hidden in their deck.

• 3 months later...

Heroes DVD and HD-DVD were released today. I can confirm that they have included the original SDCC 2006 pilot (on the DVD at least) cause I'm watching it right now. :p

Heroes World Tour may also be happening in your city very soon. Europe got IMO the all-star group. I'll be at the Toronto World Tour.

Join Noah Gray-Cabbey (Micah), James Kyson Lee (Ando), Zachary Quinto (Sylar), Dania Ramirez (Maya), Jeph Loeb (co-executive producer/writer) and Tim Sale (graphic novel artist) in:

NEW YORK CITY, USA

August 27th - August 29th

Photos: Coming Soon!

Videos: Available Now!

TORONTO, CANADA

August 30th - September 1st

Videos: Coming Soon!

Join Jack Coleman (H.R.G), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan), Hayden Panettiere (Claire), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) and Dennis Hammer (executive producer) in:

MUNICH, GERMANY

August 26th - August 27th

PARIS, FRANCE

August 28th - August 29th

LONDON, ENGLAND

August 30th - September 2nd

Join Ali Larter (Niki), Masi Oka (Hiro), Greg Grunberg (Matt), and Sendil Ramamurthy (Mohinder) in:

TOKYO, JAPAN

August 26th - August 28th

Photos: Available Now!

HONG KONG, CHINA

August 29th - August 30th

SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

August 31st - September 2nd

Lastly Heroes Season 2 starts up very very soon in Sept. Can't wait.

Heroes DVD and HD-DVD were released today. I can confirm that they have included the original SDCC 2006 pilot (on the DVD at least) cause I'm watching it right now. :p

Heroes Season 2 starts up very very soon in Sept. Can't wait.

I may to pass on this for awhile. Best Buy has the cheapest price I've seen so far, but I bet Fry's will beat it this Friday. I have alot of toy purchases (Revoltech eva's, Yamato Sv-51, Gothic Kanu Uncho) coming up this week, and I've already splured on a few dvd's already ( Killzone, Seven Swords, Melancholy of H. Suzumiya vol 2).

I am happy and smug in the fact that I have seen all of them so far and my friends with the exception of one have not seen past episode 7. For once I get to do something first. Good ole U.K T.V by the time they all get to episode 10 I`ll be on the next series YAY.

My friend is off to Canada soon so along with the series 3 Lost DVD set He`ll now be getting the series one Heroes set for me too.

It's the SDCC 2006 Heroes Tim Kring edited Pilot. Was only aired at SDCC and not available anywhere else, believe me I looked, until now. See the original radiation hands guy, The Engineer, see how the burning train in Odessa connects to the explosion in NYC, see Isaac as the junkie he truly is, and see some mysterious deleted footage about Patient Zero.

• 2 weeks later...

got the dvds and marathoned it with my roomie this past week epic without a doubt

all you guys say its a x-men rip off and such please its a MEGAMAN rip off :p sylar kills people gets their powers JUST like megaman :)

all in all it borrowed alot from ALL sorts of comic books american or japanese x-men, jojo's bizarre adventure etc. an amazing nerd show that had me on the edge of my seat from ep 1 B))

Got the HDDVD's last week but didn't get a chance to watch them again till tonight. Watched the first two episodes. The U Control feature is nice to see all the places the Helix appears. Most of the rest was pretty trite, though. Good content, though wish it had some high res audio.

Edited by Uxi

::checks around:: Yeesh, why didn't anybody tell me the graphic novels continued every week even while the show was on hiatus? I'm going to need hours to read all the ones I missed.

I got caught up on them about a month ago, and continue to follow it each week. They're pretty good, it explains where some of the characters are.