Heroes

Dangard Ace

That was Hana Gitelman, the walking human Blackberry.

David, in the original timeline Sylar was the bomb. Saving the cheerleader made Peter the bomb. There will be a third timeline now that Hiro is back in the current time again. The Peter was the bomb is due to Hiro jumping to the future and not participating in the events leading up to the bomb.

vinnie

Wow, talk about strange partners! And nobody was ever confirmed about being the human bomb. Though from what I'm seeing is that saving Claire meant giving Peter the needed powers to survive Hiro's stab and I don't think that a 'dead' Peter would be able to explode.

It's also hard to tell where Hiro is at. I mean he did a parallel/alternate universe time jump when he was involved in the shot out in Vegas.

More than that. His picture was kinda crappy, actually made the character look more like Sylar than Nathan. Probably what gave him the idea.

I don't think Parkman knew anything. He's a nice guy, but low on SA, the last one to know anything. Probably made his future job more appealing, but he wouldn't willingly send Claire to her death.

I think everyone believed that Sylar blew up, that's why future Hiro was supprised that Claire was still alive. I think only Nathan and Issac know/knew that Peter blew up.

Also, in the comic, doesn't it look more like Hiro is cutting Nathan instead of Sylar? Again one of the things that sucks about seeing the future: just because you got a picture of the future doesn't mean you have the whole picture

Future Matt is ruthless. He shot Hana point blank. He shot HRG point blank. He tortures current Hiro. I don't think he has a problem with sending Claire to her death at all. He's got power and respect, what he always wanted as opposed to directing traffic for 11 years. Matt probably knows that the President is Sylar but chooses to play along. The question is why is the Haitian working for the government? Does he not know that Sylar is the President?

Why can Hiro stop time before he gets to the Haitian, go up to the Haitian, and then dispose of him? There's no way that the Haitian's power works when Hiro is already in stopped time.

vinnie

Future Matt is ruthless. He shot Hana point blank. He shot HRG point blank. He tortures current Hiro. I don't think he has a problem with sending Claire to her death at all. He's got power and respect, what he always wanted as opposed to directing traffic for 11 years. Matt probably knows that the President is Sylar but chooses to play along. The question is why is the Haitian working for the government? Does he not know that Sylar is the President?

vinnie

The Haitian appears to be loyal to the Petrelli family. He could be unaware that Sylar has assumed Nathan's identity.

It seems weird that Parkman would not have "accidentally" read Sylar's mind to discover that he is not really Nathan. Furthermore, since Sylar gets so much satisfaction from killing other "specials" for their powers, why would he let Parkman live? Oh well, I can overlook these oddities since I enjoy the show so much. Who knows? They may even provide answers/explanations to some of these questions later on

Well seeing as Sylar seems to have Pokemon Syndrome maybe hes saving Parkman for later seeing as how hes useful to him at the moment. They will more likely fill the gaps for us next season. There are far fewer "gaps" in this series than some others I could mention.

It seems weird that Parkman would not have "accidentally" read Sylar's mind to discover that he is not really Nathan. Furthermore, since Sylar gets so much satisfaction from killing other "specials" for their powers, why would he let Parkman live? Oh well, I can overlook these oddities since I enjoy the show so much. Who knows? They may even provide answers/explanations to some of these questions later on

Because Sylar's using Parkman to get to other wonders. I imagine, as big F says, once his usefulness ends, he'll be next.

As to whether Parkman knows he's working for Sylar or not, we've been speculating on that for the last couple pages.

Sometimes even great people needs people to work for him. Do u kill to "aborb" power of every 100 guys that work for u loyally or will u leave some to assist u? :)

And it's true that we can overlook the oddities since the show is so nice. :D e.g1 Why not peter just freeze time and simply kill Sylar in the last episode. Maybe fire looks cooler on his hands. :lol: e.g2 Why not future hiro tells Peter there's guy who can neutralise others power so that Peter can "aborb" Haitian's power to become Truely invincible? Note: Haitian power of neutralizing is "on" 24hours a day.

Sometimes even great people needs people to work for him. Do u kill to "aborb" power of every 100 guys that work for u loyally or will u leave some to assist u? :)

And it's true that we can overlook the oddities since the show is so nice. :D e.g1 Why not peter just freeze time and simply kill Sylar in the last episode. Maybe fire looks cooler on his hands. :lol: e.g2 Why not future hiro tells Peter there's guy who can neutralise others power so that Peter can "aborb" Haitian's power to become Truely invincible? Note: Haitian power of neutralizing is "on" 24hours a day.

Could that work for Peter given that his power to absorb would be nullified by the Haitian, kinda Catch-22. And maybe Sylar wouldn't be able to kill him as his powers would be neutralised and the Hatian is a pretty big guy, although he is sleeping at the moment in the 5 years future. Or maybe if Sylar absorbs the Haitian he will destroy his other powers. :blink: So confusing.

I would think that Matt and the Hatian are working loyally for the president for what they think is the "greater good" of the country. Hiro is classified as a terrorist and a bomb did go off in NY 5 years ago. He probably has that Jack Bauer mentality but we're seeing it from a different point of view. As for Syalr not taking their powers, Matt seems to keep that Hatian pretty close to him everywhere. It's warranted paranoia. And the Hatian doesn't speak at all which meant that he didn't trust the government players fully. So he probably would have broke from them if Mohinder wouldn't have killed him first.

They will more likely fill the gaps for us next season. There are far fewer "gaps" in this series than some others I could mention.

I gotta say that they would be very smart to tie-up the 'lose ends' and end the "Save the cheerleader save the world." story arc with a mild cliffhanger.

Could that work for Peter given that his power to absorb would be nullified by the Haitian, kinda Catch-22.

I was thinking like Peter freeze the time n stand close to the Haitian as freezing the time means stopping everything... but wonder whether power still can be absorbed in this way. :huh:

Anyway let's hope that season 2 will be as good as the first. :)

I would think that Matt and the Hatian are working loyally for the president for what they think is the "greater good" of the country. Hiro is classified as a terrorist and a bomb did go off in NY 5 years ago. He probably has that Jack Bauer mentality but we're seeing it from a different point of view. As for Syalr not taking their powers, Matt seems to keep that Hatian pretty close to him everywhere. It's warranted paranoia. And the Hatian doesn't speak at all which meant that he didn't trust the government players fully. So he probably would have broke from them if Mohinder wouldn't have killed him first.

That is pretty much my way of thinking

Ok without spoilers.

I thought that the Sylar story was straight-up corn on the comb silly, but it shows that they are rushing the story along because they needed at least 2 episodes to flesh the story out without it being overly corny.

It's nice to get a firm answer on Peter's powers, and I like how Peter and Claire have grown close. She's really been continuously stabbed in the back by her close relatives and even though Peter does what he does it really goes far for Claire(is she a moe-blob or what!).

And finally between Sylar and 'you know who' did he blink or did Sylar break it?

weak episode. nothing of significance or memorable occurred. More of a set up for the last two eps. I hope the payoff is worth it. THis is the first ep that left me leaving... unsatisfied.

In FYG, Future Hiro wants to recruit Candice, DL, and Molly. Apparently, he's not aware that Sylar has gotten to Candice and DL. Sloppy work on HRG's part.

Another thing that really bothers me is that writers mention that its important that Candice's powers are mental in nature. In other words she fools the senses as opposed to actually physically changing herself or the environment. This is impossible. Sylar impersonates Nathan as the President. This would mean that every time he gets on TV people would see Sylar and not Nathan since there's no way the illusory powers can affect people over the tube.

vinnie

As we've seen with the last episode Candice deals with the kid her powers are indeed mental. And hers is more versatile than the Haitian's who's powers are sight and touch levels. But I agree that it does seem 'iffy' at best although we don't know what other powers Future Sylar had either.

why jump to the conclusion that candice's powers are mental? maybe she can extened her power to objects as well... say more of a general control over light as opposed to mentally tricking your senses.

why jump to the conclusion that candice's powers are mental? maybe she can extened her power to objects as well... say more of a general control over light as opposed to mentally tricking your senses.

Cause the writers said so?

vinnie

Cause the writers said so?

vinnie

All they say is that it's important that her powers are mental in nature and not physical (she's not mystique) but that doesn't say anything as to HOW her powers work. controling light, or warping reality would still be mental powers and it explains how she fools cameras and is able to affect mass people.

All they say is that it's important that her powers are mental in nature and not physical (she's not mystique) but that doesn't say anything as to HOW her powers work. controling light, or warping reality would still be mental powers and it explains how she fools cameras and is able to affect mass people.

Well the way she handled DL's kid shows that it's more or less mental in nature because when he attempted to run away she was taking a shower. Also the kid used his power on the door lock and that would mean that she could also warp reality, something that she's not been shown doing.

It would be best to leave it at 'Illusionary'.

It has to be more than pure light/illusion, as she also SOUNDS like who she's imitating. And Micah didn't notice anything when hugging, so she presumably "feels" the same too----and smells the same (perfume, etc). It has to be mental IMHO, to fool all the senses. Unless she can alter lightwaves, soundwaves, scent particles, etc.

It has to be more than pure light/illusion, as she also SOUNDS like who she's imitating. And Micah didn't notice anything when hugging, so she presumably "feels" the same too----and smells the same (perfume, etc). It has to be mental IMHO, to fool all the senses. Unless she can alter lightwaves, soundwaves, scent particles, etc.

I think she warps reality. depending on what she's doing, either she shimmers or the scene shimmers.

I think she warps reality. depending on what she's doing, either she shimmers or the scene shimmers.

Based on the writers comments, Candice alters people's perception. She can manipulate what people perceive by all 5 senses. She does not bend light or warp reality. The light shimmering is merely for us to understand that some sort of manipulation is going on and not to reflect that anything physical has changed. That's why her powers are mental in nature. She affects people's perception of reality. It also explains why she can create illusions of people she hasn't met before (Simone). The affected individuals see what Candice wants them to see but it is up to them to fill in the details based on what they know about that specific illusion.

This is also why she can project illusions over large areas, since she is manipulating the senses directly.

And while she may be able to fool all 5 senses, she can't not fool people's knowledge of that person. Micah sees through the illusion because he knows his mom would not act the way Candice did.

vinnie

Edited by justvinnie

Why can Hiro stop time before he gets to the Haitian, go up to the Haitian, and then dispose of him? There's no way that the Haitian's power works when Hiro is already in stopped time.

vinnie

Alright I guess I see that after re-watching it. The "bang" translation still seems kind of weak to be a gunshot.

Maybe their powers grow as they use them more and get older. The Haitian was able to block Matt's mindreading, but it was probably more to deal with his mental abilities. And Sylar is supposed to be able to "improve" upon other's powers, maybe he can make the illusion shift even farther.

I think the corniest part of the episode was how Sylar "accidentally" killed his mother. I mean honestly, he can throw down with just his mind, but you're telling me he can't control a histarical 90-lb old woman?! :huh: He'd better not live past this season.

I just figured Sylar had acquired yet another power, that he could "mask" his thoughts from Matt or something. Candice may have provided the base illusion, but another power makes it perfect/long-term/mental or whatever else is needed to keep even Matt from noticing.

In FYG, Future Hiro wants to recruit Candice, DL, and Molly. Apparently, he's not aware that Sylar has gotten to Candice and DL. Sloppy work on HRG's part.

He may not have been aware of Sylar getting to them, but I'm sure he was aware that they were imprisoned or dead. That was his deal with Matt; turn in the dangerous ones, allow the harmless ones to go free.

I am loving this series :)

From Variety:

While the focus this spring centered on ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off, NBC was quietly developing one of their own. The peacock confirmed Monday morning that frosh drama hit "Heroes" spawned a second series.

"Heroes: Origins" will air in "Heroes'" Monday night time slot, most likely after the original completes its season run (but possibly when it takes a hiatus). The net has ordered six segs of "Origins," which, combined with "Heroes" makes for 30 hours altogether.

NBC Entertainment prexy Kevin Reilly said "Heroes: Origins" will allow the regular show to air virtually uninterrupted through the season.

"I'm calling it the 'Bulk-Up Challenge,'" Reilly said. "We're trying to stay more consistent in the scheduling for our audience... so we'll fill out the year, with not a lot of repeats or a long hiatus. We'll keep the pedal to the metal next year on 'Heroes.'"

Reilly credited "Heroes" creator-exec producer Tim Kring with pitching the spin-off. Kring will oversee a second crew that will write and produce the episodes simultaneously with the original skein.

"Heroes: Origins" will air as stand-alone episodes that center each week on a different character not yet seen on the original show. Peacock has also added an interactive element to the show: Viewers will be asked to pick their favorite character from "Origins," who will then join the cast of the full-blown "Heroes" skein the following year....

"Heroes: Origins" will air as stand-alone episodes that center each week on a different character not yet seen on the original show. Peacock has also added an interactive element to the show: Viewers will be asked to pick their favorite character from "Origins," who will then join the cast of the full-blown "Heroes" skein the following year....

Oh God! This is going to make the regular run of Heroes poorly written because most of the reason for watching IS for the character development involved!!! This means the other series will never be able to write ANY material the airs before the main series airs certain characterizations and situations! Mainly because it'll give away a large amount of character that should've and been required character development that should've happened within the series. <_<

And of course NBC is spinning it like their doing a 'great thing' by going back to what they had for the previous length seasons. :rolleyes:

------

All I gotta say is poor Ted... though the future painter did tell us that it would happen. He was such a good emo character.

Candice is fat! HOLY Tenjho Tenge rip-off! :rolleyes:

And damn it I was starting to like Malcolm McDowell's character! He made a good traditional "evil businessman", that and it was a good change from all of the 'super model' actors that we've been having. But sadly he & Hiro's father confirmed something that we've been talking about, that I've hoped wasn't true because of how cliche it is.

Also because of what has happened with Sylar he really does need to be killed off because if he doesn't then we're gonna have the same cyclical stories that we've had this season. He is simply far too powerful to continue as a character and he's bending the series around him far too much. I feel that Peter is the same way. The Sylar/Peter/Bomb/"Save the World." plotline needs wrapped up at least for them. It's time to move along or it's gonna be an X-Men copycat tv show without the suits.

Edited by chrono

For a guy who can hear thoughts... Matt's kind of... useless.

Ted should have gone nuclear the moment he saw Sylar just out of principle especially when his skull started getting cut. My truck turned over, creepy guy that some how sheared the door open... Yeah... this is normal. Given that he knows Sylar is after him... Also why the hell invisible Peter didn't try to rescue Ted is beyond me.

Sylar's TK is WAAAAYYY too powerful. I'm sorry, flipping an armor truck is impossible. They need to start putting human metabolic limitations on these powers. Sylar must eat a lot to be able to have the energy to do what he did. Otherwise we'll have a DBZ on our hands. "Hahaha, I am way more powerful than you." "Oh yeah?" Proceeds to power up. "Now I am ten times stronger than you."

But yeah Sylar needs to die or else this will never end. I think Peter and Sylar need to kill each other off. Its the only way to balance the stories. The only reason Peter loses when he meets Sylar is because he's too chicken. There's no reason he can't beat Sylar. Not with Claire's ability which Sylar does not have. There are so many ways Sylar could be killed. Hell DL could have done it. You can't hurt someone who is out of phase.

Honestly, the early stories are better than the end. The Sylar storyline is getting fafetched. The connected-ness of everyone is farfetched. Sure its a small world, but it AIN'T that small. Kaito being a super swordsman. Farfetched. Hiro mastering swordplay in one after noon. Farfetched. Also the idea that some powers are unstable should have been further explored. Ted's is one. Instead Ted, Peter and Sylar all controlled it pretty well. Nuclear reactions aren't exactly easy to control...

They didn't need to have Micah say Candice eats a lot for us to know that Candice is probably a big girl using her powers to look attractive.

I say "Company Man" was the best ep the entire season.

Well, let's see what next week delivers.

vinnie

PS: I read that Sylar might come back for Season 2. I hope not. We need new stories with new villains.

Crap, it's going to be a season end cliffhanger. Sylar is definitely back for Season 2. We'll find out exactly how he obtains other people's powers. Hopefully he'll die the first ep of the season along with Peter.

vinnie