Heroes

Dangard Ace

I liked the episode myself. I hadnt thought of the good peter/evil peter emulating Nikki/jessica but thats not a bad idea. Nikki giving herself to the company is a strange move, though i guess wanting to be rid of her power makes sense in some ways. HWile she has gotten rid of the Jessica Persona (Or at least thats what the end of last season had me believe) she would still have to be VERY careful with her strength. One moment of anger and she has broken Micah or something else irreversibly.

Im kind of liking the Hiro in japan story actually. In fact......ok, Im going WAY out on a limb here... What if Nathan WASN't Clares dad. Now, its been awhile since i watched season 1, but i definitely remember it was Sulu who handed Bennet the baby Clare.....what if Hiro brought her back into the future, and she is the child of Kensei and Sword girl? Eh, I dunno, maybe im just way off.

I didnt actually mind West and Clares flight; If nothing else it showed a Hero finally enjoying their ability. I mean Nathan could fly but didnt seem to enjoy it, which is kinda nuts. If I could fly Id love it and impress hot girls with it as well! Pklus he's being tracked which is how Clare will get found out Im sure.....and in the background of Bennetts death painting, Clare is seen kissing someone. He's goingt o assume it's West, so there will be angst. And Bennett Angst often is fairly violent. Good times!

I liked the episode myself. I hadnt thought of the good peter/evil peter emulating Nikki/jessica but thats not a bad idea. Nikki giving herself to the company is a strange move, though i guess wanting to be rid of her power makes sense in some ways. HWile she has gotten rid of the Jessica Persona (Or at least thats what the end of last season had me believe) she would still have to be VERY careful with her strength. One moment of anger and she has broken Micah or something else irreversibly.

Im kind of liking the Hiro in japan story actually. In fact......ok, Im going WAY out on a limb here... What if Nathan WASN't Clares dad. Now, its been awhile since i watched season 1, but i definitely remember it was Sulu who handed Bennet the baby Clare.....what if Hiro brought her back into the future, and she is the child of Kensei and Sword girl? Eh, I dunno, maybe im just way off.

I didnt actually mind West and Clares flight; If nothing else it showed a Hero finally enjoying their ability. I mean Nathan could fly but didnt seem to enjoy it, which is kinda nuts. If I could fly Id love it and impress hot girls with it as well! Pklus he's being tracked which is how Clare will get found out Im sure.....and in the background of Bennetts death painting, Clare is seen kissing someone. He's goingt o assume it's West, so there will be angst. And Bennett Angst often is fairly violent. Good times!

Thats where I was thinking something big has got to come from the fudal Japan thing with Hiro other than him becomming a Bushido Master. You know that someones gonna find out about Claire and West, and maybe the whole get all the paintings thing.

Quick thought I had about the end of the ep:

Now I'm thinking it was real, not just an illusion---otherwise---why would she reveal her real self?

But what if its a "company" trick to contain Sylar. He thinks hes lost his powers and is no longer a threat to anyone, but you know it will all end with him back to his old tricks sooner or later.

My point was any illusion to contain/fool him could be maintained without revealing her true self---another "true" self that'd fool Sylar, yet still not be her real form. If it was all an illusion, I think she'd be generating a different form for Sylar to see. (I get the impression she doesn't want anyone to know her real appearance ever---and there is no need for her to reveal it--no matter what, she can always just make yet another one--even an ugly one if needed that's still not really her)

That was pretty much a filler episode.

Basically Matt's daddy, Sylar is running true to form, Maya is Maya, interesting twist to Micah and family, Cheerleaders, the Walker system in action, the Petrelli's being Petrelli (minus Peter - yay!!) If you look there are teasers of what's to come in following episodes but nothing really spectacular jumped out tonight....except for Claire and her love of unrailed tall things. Geez someone should just buy a parachute and weld it to her back.

What an interesting episode... although I do have a harder time believing that fat boy's dad is evil beyond Sylar. After all, evil typically requires some cunning, judging by the way fat boy tried to find him, those smart genes obviously skipped a generation. What a stupid cop... and probably lazy too... "what room is he in?" Hello dumbass, ever hear of stakeout?

Anyone think it's possible that Nathan is the one that knocked off Sulu?

Edited by kalvasflam

• 2 weeks later...

So are people on MW still interested in Heroes? Last night's episode trudged along like the previous episode not giving any insight and rehashing the sample plot as the 2nd season premier episode. So far I'm disappointed in the Hiro section with the love-sick/stuck in ancient Japan line (Did his eyesight get better since he wasn't wearing his glasses anymore?), the plodding of the Maya & Bro section, and the horrible Irish accents used in Peter's storyline by the female actress. No one seems interesting this season so far.

I think we're still watching, the eps just aren't interesting enough to remark about. I think they have 6 eps of story, trying to fill out a season. As for the last 2 mins----I hope it's not

Sylar using Maya's power

---too obvious, and having Peter try to

stop him in New York AGAIN

PS--do NOT mess with HRG. I still think he steals the show whenever he appears.

So are people on MW still interested in Heroes? Last night's episode trudged along like the previous episode not giving any insight and rehashing the sample plot as the 2nd season premier episode. So far I'm disappointed in the Hiro section with the love-sick/stuck in ancient Japan line (Did his eyesight get better since he wasn't wearing his glasses anymore?), the plodding of the Maya & Bro section, and the horrible Irish accents used in Peter's storyline by the female actress. No one seems interesting this season so far.

yeah, I gotta agree. this season just isn't as good as season 1 so far.

and re-doing claire not trusting Noah, yet again isn 't helping things at all.

The whole Claire-arc isn't working for me. The whole

stalker boyfriend with the death-to-HRG complex-so-he's-using-Claire-to-get-close-to-HRG

is drudging along and I find it really boring. The Petrelli bros' and Parkman's arc are still good. Hiro's story is still good. Especially since we know what is suppose to happen (just the silly details are fun).

This season has been dragging hard core. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode in Season 1... If it keeps up this way, I won't mind missing an episode entirely next week.

This season has been dragging hard core. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode in Season 1... If it keeps up this way, I won't mind missing an episode entirely next week.

I don't mind missing episodes at all and just catching them when I can. After the season finale, I wasn't that interested. If only they killed off Peter and Sylar, that would have created a different dynamic for this season. New and more interesting characters. Instead they kept them because the fans insisted in lieu of artistic integrity. All the story arcs are boring, and I hate that everyone is related to each other some how. Season 2 definitely kept you coming back.

vinnie

I found it pretty alright, in fact, better than the last few eps. Gotta admit it's been pretty slow going, but Hiro's story feels like it's finally going somewhere. HRG is still badass. I love how surreal it was for him t be speaking to Clare while torturing the ukrainian. New villain/hero: Adam Munroe?

Urgh, still dislike that Tom Welling wannabe....

Saw the preview for next week's ep. Looking good too.

I remember the producers saying that there would be 2 main arcs this season, the first, Generations, from eps 1-10. If we're still following this structure, pace should pick up from now.... i hope!

I don't mind missing episodes at all and just catching them when I can. After the season finale, I wasn't that interested. If only they killed off Peter and Sylar, that would have created a different dynamic for this season. New and more interesting characters. Instead they kept them because the fans insisted in lieu of artistic integrity. All the story arcs are boring, and I hate that everyone is related to each other some how. Season 2 definitely kept you coming back.

vinnie

there was no reason to think that peter would have died, every version of the future that had him exploding, had him surviving so why would he suddenly die? Nathan on the other hand should have died.

This season is still interesting enough, I really don't like Maya and Bro, and it's only Sylar that's keeping things interesting with them. I'm sure that the episode Four Months Ago will tie up a lot of loose ends, like how the hell did Sylar get to Mexico. I like HRG's crusade, although the Hiro portion is start to bore me. Somehow, Hiro's arc throughout the series hasn't tied in all that well with the other heroes, at least from what I've seen. But hopefully, they'll start getting Hiro more involved with the other characters when he gets back and find out Sulu got whacked.

Somehow, Hiro's arc throughout the series hasn't tied in all that well with the other heroes, at least from what I've seen. But hopefully, they'll start getting Hiro more involved with the other characters when he gets back and find out Sulu got whacked.

Hiro, just like every other character, is only a vehicle to add filler for the main Peter vs Sylar storyline (aka Hero vs Villain). I totally believe that they will continue this trend through out the rest of Heroes run. But what really makes Hiro a terrible character is that he doesn't learn and continues to be altruistic and act childishly . He lost most of the maturity that he had earned throughout S1. Nothings worth than a character that clearly grows and than is suddenly very poorly written.

HRG is about the only character mildly interesting and even then he's only a poor cliche of the bad guy turned good guy, and it's starting to get ruined because of the terribly, terribly cliche Claire arc.

This season is still interesting enough, I really don't like Maya and Bro, and it's only Sylar that's keeping things interesting with them. I'm sure that the episode Four Months Ago will tie up a lot of loose ends, like how the hell did Sylar get to Mexico. I like HRG's crusade, although the Hiro portion is start to bore me. Somehow, Hiro's arc throughout the series hasn't tied in all that well with the other heroes, at least from what I've seen. But hopefully, they'll start getting Hiro more involved with the other characters when he gets back and find out Sulu got whacked.

i think it will come out that kensei is the progenitor of the nakamura line and that hiro's dad was the real father of nathan.

I think the biggest lesson you can get out of Heroes is that there seem to be a lot of interconnectivity between the characters, so they all ought to be aware of who they're sleeping with. After all, it might just be their second cousins, or nephews, or nieces or such.

The degree of relationship is very interesting. I am curious to see if Hiro bones Kensei's girlfriend at the end, and hell, he might be his own great great granddad... if things keep progressing this way, how would that be for a kick in the head. This would be some real uncharted waters then, and it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Kensei is also the progenitor for some of the other heroes in the show. Especially if the one thing Hiro can do is to put Kensei on the opposite side of the planet, say in jolly old England to keep him away from the girl.

I think the biggest lesson you can get out of Heroes is that there seem to be a lot of interconnectivity between the characters, so they all ought to be aware of who they're sleeping with. After all, it might just be their second cousins, or nephews, or nieces or such.

Perhaps its all that inbreeding that lead to the mutation...

i think it will come out that kensei is the progenitor of the nakamura line and that hiro's dad was the real father of nathan.

:blink: Huh? I am? :p

Sorry couldn't resist.

I wish they portrayed me as a more heroic character though.

The degree of relationship is very interesting. I am curious to see if Hiro bones Kensei's girlfriend at the end, and hell, he might be his own great great granddad... if things keep progressing this way, how would that be for a kick in the head. This would be some real uncharted waters then, and it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that Kensei is also the progenitor for some of the other heroes in the show. Especially if the one thing Hiro can do is to put Kensei on the opposite side of the planet, say in jolly old England to keep him away from the girl.

That's been done already: Philip J. Fry (Futurama) was his own Great-great-etc.-etc....-grandfather when the crew tore the Universe a new hole and found themselves in 1940's New Mexico. ^_^