Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Which one is Fast Gunner? And are all the Cybertron Defense team versions better than their original smaller incarnations?(regular backpack, deluxe hotshot/red alert)? They look beastly.

Fast Gunner is the Crazy Japanese Name for Cybertron Defense Red Alert. Yeah, they're all generally better than the original smaller versions. Good if you like military vehicles.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why Soundwave's wings don't have hinges to collapse them down. The design's really nice aside from that.

Probably cost reasons and/or aesthetics. Either they wanted the wings up to make the toy look different from the rest of the cast (likely) or they didn't want some large hinges (unlikely).

ROFLMAO!!! No offense to the guy but his friends are too funny!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115718

He's an awesome likeness of the classic Macross/Robotech design, so much so he prompts people to ask if he is indeed a Macross Valkyre when I put him next to the Macross mechs.

Classics Jetfire is a great TF toy and rendition of the character, of that there's no doubt, but to compare it to a Macross Valkyrie..... :lol:

ROFLMAO!!! No offense to the guy but his friends are too funny!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115718

Classics Jetfire is a great TF toy and rendition of the character, of that there's no doubt, but to compare it to a Macross Valkyrie..... :lol:

Heh FitForNatalie had the same idea Dangard. :lol:

Edited by Veritas

Way to live up the the MW stereotype guys. :p

I'm sure for someone whos isn't seriously into Macross the new Jetfire would fit in fine. I'm really looking forward to getting mine, but not because I want to add it to my Macross ranks. There's no way it'll have the elegant and sexay quality of recent Yamato valks. Although with the artiulation I'm pretty sure it could kick the Chunky Monkey's ass in a breakdancing match.

I saw the Classic Jetfire yesterday. It looks like a nice addition to the Classics line but I don't think it would look good in a Macross display. It has the blocky look of many Transformers jets which tend to look like they'd be more at home in space rather than within an atmosphere. Macross jets are much sleeker since they are based on atmospheric jets.

Hmmm... Megs is...okay. At least it's a real close homage to the original with better articulation and details, but the proportions still seem really off... the legs are thin and wide apart and the arm gun/scope is kinda big. Oh well, I always liked Starscream better anyways... maybe I can add real articulation to my G2 tank Megs.

So when does the Great Froating Head gets his crack at Megatron? Or when do they come along and decide he's either going to be in Galvatron colors or some sort of 'realistic' color scheme? :p

As it stands, I can't at all fault the look. There's so little you can do to make a G-1 homage Megatron look much better without changing the transformation completely or picking a different weapon. The legs naturally will be thin, etc. At least he's not an obviously top-heavy, bow-legged alien-looking baddie like the original.

As much as i want him to look better (be better proportioned) in robot mode, I gotta say they’ve struck a pretty good chord between making a pretty realistic gun mode and a half decent and poseable bot mode. One thing though, I really think that arm cannon of his is going to need some work. As it is now it looks to be way too heavy. Maybe it's detachable? But than it wouldn't really be Megs... aww damn. <_<

You know, he doesn't look bad at all, it's mainly that he doesn't look quite 'right' next to Prime. Same with Starscream, Starscream looks fantastic, but not quite right next to Prime.

I kinda wish they'd redo Prime. Maybe use the Hybrid Convoy design, but clean it up to make better use of the scale, you know so the truck mode looks better.

Back to Megs, I'll be happy so long as he can stand on his own two feet, and be posed without any help.

He actually looks a bit more spindly in this pic...but I'm still pleased overall. Curious to see what accessories he comes with too (gun extensions, silver sword, etc.).

Don't know 'bout you guys, but his face doesn't look right to me, does it? I mean, unlike Op's face, which is 100% like G1 classic, Meg's is... I don't know, just different. <_<

What do you think? :huh:

mcpaz

Edited by mcpaz

Scale with Prime. I don't like how the trigger is visible. :(

IPB Image

I don't know, sometimes they make the prototype twice as big as the actual product. If it was that big, it's gonna be awesome... I don't really care how big the gun is as long as he's bigger than MP Starscream.

Geez, I don't even like TF but this MP line kicks ass.... just like the first wave of Binaltechs.

Has anyone else noticed that the newest pic of Megatron (Dengeki?) has a different head sculpt? Personally, I prefer the blockier version shown in the first couple pics... It's slated for release in late March, so there's still time for them to fix a few things.

Also, I think they could forego the P-38 engraving on the slide and replace it with a nice, raised, decepticon logo... But that's just me ^_^