The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Well i'm on me way back home via Tokyo around the 12th so i blimmin well hope there is a couple of 19's waiting in Akihabara for me!

I got a mission for ya. Capture and ship those available in Akibara-whatever and ship them to my address! Aussie intelligence depends on it. We will do a full QC analysis before we alert our team and allow them for the get go. :ph34r:

So, if the YF-19 comes out on the 7th (I heard the 30th of Nov) how long until we see an improved second run?

Well, let's just hope that Yamato has learned enough to make this one right from the get-go.

Mine is already paid for and if Graham says that it's tight all around, then I will take him at his word till I get mine and see for myself.

Do the wings in fighter mode look a little too short/stubby to any of you?

I would sacrifice some Battroid mode looks just for longer sleeker wings.

I don't know what you're talking about...it looks awesome to me. :huh:

-Kyp

Do you want me to use my Magic 8 Ball or do you want to ask another member to use their's?

I'm not asking for clairvoyance. Let me restate, and I'll be precise so I don't confuse anyone:

In the past, several Yamato valkyries showed shortcomings associated with the first production run. These issues were partially or completly resolved in later runs. What was the amount of time, in the past, that it took for Yamato to produce these improved second runs? I intend to use this number to speculate on the time it takes for Yamato to improve on currently theoretical YF-19 shortcomings.

Let me know if I need to post a third version with smaller words.

I'm not asking for clairvoyance. Let me restate, and I'll be precise so I don't confuse anyone:

In the past, several Yamato valkyries showed shortcomings associated with the first production run. These issues were partially or completly resolved in later runs. What was the amount of time, in the past, that it took for Yamato to produce these improved second runs? I intend to use this number to speculate on the time it takes for Yamato to improve on currently theoretical YF-19 shortcomings.

so you want us to speculate on unknown fixes to unknown problems...

well, given that we don't know:

yamatos budget on the yf-19

retooling costs

if there are problems

extent of the problems

nature of the problems (is it a materials issue? a design issue? quality control issue)

the interest of yamato in resolving those issues

if the yf-19 will do well enough to justify a resissue

if yamato will be in business

if yamato will be bought out by sanrio and only make hello kitty

if japan will be destroyed in a catastrophic earthquake between now and then

if the world will be destroyed because a giant asteroid was not split by a crack team of miners and astronauts

I'd say Jenius' referral to the magic eight-ball wasn't so far off.

Now, why don't you run along back to the yamato sucks thread you little troll?

There's a few other things we DO know:

...Fast Packs and Fold Booster are supposed to come out sometime in the first half of 2007 (Feb. or April '07 if my "I'm too lazy to check back of few pages on this thread" memory serves me correctly)

...And we're all gonna die...........eventually. :D:p

Just sit tight; I'm sure there's a bunch of guinea pigs (including yours truly) that'll give you 2nd release waiters all the feedback you want once we get our hands on the YF-19 in the next few weeks.

great way to ask a question :wacko:

edit : just go and buy one and then you can figure out for yourself if you like it or not.

Edited by Macross73

Still waiting on the very much needed VF-0S 2nd release. The VF-0A fixed a lot of the VF-0S flaws. If you look to the past, or ask others to do it for you, you'll see that Yamato tends to release an improved variant or two before going back and doing a 2nd release of anything.

Edited by Matt Random

I got a mission for ya. Capture and ship those available in Akibara-whatever and ship them to my address! Aussie intelligence depends on it. We will do a full QC analysis before we alert our team and allow them for the get go. :ph34r:

Hahhahah! Mateeeee! :D :D :D :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well the box is suitable enough. Not too big. Nothing flashy, the Yamato way. :D

The front flap cover is ok for the freaks that display the mintyness on their shelves.

And the 19 looks safe enough in it's snug plastic holder thinghy.

The wings look fine you haters. From the above look down view angle im looking at. (a pic, not the valk in my hands!)

It's ok! *lowers the yamato box hater stick of doom*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hi everybody!

This is my first post. I'm generally a Transformers collector, but used to play the Robotech Role Playing games as a kid and had fond memories of the Macross: Do You Remember Love movie...

Anyways... I got into collecting Macross/Robotech toys only last year, and my collection is no where as big as some peoples... But I do have the YF-19 preordered at HLJ... and was wondering when in December it would come out...well...

I guess now I know :) 2 days huh? Does that mean HLJ is about to rape my credit card?:)

Anyways, first post ... :) So far my favorite Valk is either my VE-1 or my Masterpiece Shadow Alpha... Am looking forward to the YF-19, since I have the YF-21 and the VF-11B....... and hello to everyone!

VFTF1

Edited by VFTF1

Not in my timezone. <_<

The review will come at the same time regardless. Graham is in my time zone, which means you get it a day earlier! :D

Macross World Forums

We're so geeky we include temporal anomalies in our discussions about Japanes toys

Eat your heart out Trekkies!! :p

Edited by Dante74

Well the box is suitable enough. Not too big. Nothing flashy, the Yamato way. :D

The front flap cover is ok for the freaks that display the mintyness on their shelves.

And the 19 looks safe enough in it's snug plastic holder thinghy.

The wings look fine you haters. From the above look down view angle im looking at. (a pic, not the valk in my hands!)

It's ok! *lowers the yamato box hater stick of doom*

Can someone point me to a picture of the YF-19 box? Thanks.

JUst heard from Yamato that the toys are being delivered to the shops today.

From what I understand, it willbe on sale in Kotobukiya on 7 Dec and all other shops on 8 Dec, but I may be wrong about that.

Graham

So, does that mean you are posting your review on the 7th or the 8th? *anxiously waits*

Hi Graham,

Would you be picking up a mass release piece? Hope you could do a comparision between that of the mass released ver and that of the prototype version you have in your hands, so as to verify any discrepancies..especially the joints area, workmanship, paintjob or any areas. Tks

Cheers

My review of the mass-release version, actually it's of two of them. What I'm reviewing is exactly the same as what you will be getting.

Although I also have an early preproduction sample as well, it is not covered in the review.

Graham