1/100 Toynami Valks Thread

Vermillion21

I just got my 1/100 scale Hikaru 1S today, and man! This thing is so cool. I'm not joking - I just got on ebay and ordered the full set of DYRL. Feel free to brand me a heretic, whatever, but this thing is great! Don't worry, I love my 1/48's a lot more. A LOT, more. But for the price, toynami did a good good thing. *two thumbs up* (except I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach battroid mode to the stand it came with)

:) :) I got the Roy Focker 1/100 for $19.99. Although the overall figure itself is good, the joint connection is easily breakable. Everytime I transform from one mode to the next, I keep on popping a piece, nehhheee :lol::lol:

The ads on the box appear to have the figures with paint application which look very crispy and beautiful but the actual figures itself use stickers. The skull sticker on the tail fin isn't transparent enough so you see that milky field background on a black tail fin :lol::lol:

anyone else notice this, the neck piece(flat piece of plastic attached to the head) looks like it goes down into the fuselage in battroid mode. theres a little plastic nub on it like it supposed to keep it from going all the way down or something but it definitely looks like it slides down. :unsure:

Ok,

Toynami Stands FREAKEN SUCKS.

I placed my Valkyrie in figther mode on the stupid stand before I went to sleep. This morning I found my Valkyrie Belly UPPED. I check the valk and it's A O K. :) , I then place my valk back on the stand and notice the Ball joint SOCKET part is cracked. :angry::angry::angry:

post-1296-1155060680_thumb.jpg

B))

post-1296-1155060696_thumb.jpg

:blink:

post-1296-1155060715_thumb.jpg

:angry::angry::angry:

Ok,

I placed my Valkyrie in figther mode on the stupid stand before I went to sleep.  This morning I found my Valkyrie Belly UPPED.  I check the valk and it's A O K. :)  , I then place my valk back on the stand and notice the Ball joint SOCKET part is cracked.

423509[/snapback]

The same piece on mines broke also while I had it a Battloid mode pose.

:angry::angry::angry:

I just got me Set 1. These are awesome to say the least. I like the overall size, look, and feel. They are a perfect display piece to have on my desk.

I know there are people out there who disagree whole-heartedly...and to those I say, SHADDAP YUZ!!! :p  :lol:  :lol:

;)

423390[/snapback]

heehee...

I know that was directed at me because I was at NB4Ms house when he was checking these out. But it seems that the following posts speak for me. But here's a conversation between me and Godzilla earlier:

[09:36] Godzilla: so you aint gettingt he toynami 1/100?

[09:36] >EXO<: no way

[09:36] >EXO<: what for

[09:36] >EXO<: I have all the valks I want in 1/48

[09:36] Godzilla: exactly

[09:36] >EXO<: that's like getting a saturn when all your other cars are ferraris

Ok,

I placed my Valkyrie in figther mode on the stupid stand before I went to sleep.  This morning I found my Valkyrie Belly UPPED.  I check the valk and it's A O K. :)  , I then place my valk back on the stand and notice the Ball joint SOCKET part is cracked. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

B))

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

423509[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok,

I placed my Valkyrie in figther mode on the stupid stand before I went to sleep.  This morning I found my Valkyrie Belly UPPED.  I check the valk and it's A O K. :)   , I then place my valk back on the stand and notice the Ball joint SOCKET part is cracked. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

B))

423509[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

423627[/snapback]

Awesome~!

it sucks that the stand broke but Toy-crap-nami

seems to want to continue on with its splendid

history of Quality Control. I own the superposable and they're Ok.

but its a stand with a ball joint right, it shouldnt Break . :angry:

Am I the only person who is reminded of the 1/72 "ROBOTECH DEFENDERS" model kits Revell had out in the 80s and 90s when I gaze upon this thing??????

http://www.draddog.com/robotech/

I loved the VEXAR paint scheme as a kid:

http://brianscache.com/unseen/vexar.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

After what I am seeing, I am gald I skipped out on these. I have to agree with Exo. Why get them when you have the 1/48s.

So then the only Valks you'll collect from now on will have to be at least as good as the 1/48s? We're talking a 1/100 scale toy that you can throw away if it breaks... why would anyone ever bother to equate, relate, or compare the two? I don't mind the people who say it's their preference to only collect the very best example of the valk to date (the 1/48 at the moment) but don't start implying other people are stupid for not being elitists. Why would you buy a Saturn if you own a Ferrari? Maybe because you just love racing and you don't always feel like competing in the same race every day... or maybe you like owning a car that can get door dings at the grocery store without costing you an arm and a leg... or maybe you want a car with better gas mileage... or maybe you want a car that you don't have to worry about being stolen... or maybe....

The rubber connection on the stand does appear to be weak. I'm not using the stand myself but it does seem to be pretty flimsy. Maybe someone can come up with an easy household variety fix.

After what I am seeing, I am gald I skipped out on these. I have to agree with Exo. Why get them when you have the 1/48s.

So then the only Valks you'll collect from now on will have to be at least as good as the 1/48s? We're talking a 1/100 scale toy that you can throw away if it breaks... why would anyone ever bother to equate, relate, or compare the two? I don't mind the people who say it's their preference to only collect the very best example of the valk to date (the 1/48 at the moment) but don't start implying other people are stupid for not being elitists. Why would you buy a Saturn if you own a Ferrari? Maybe because you just love racing and you don't always feel like competing in the same race every day... or maybe you like owning a car that can get door dings at the grocery store without costing you an arm and a leg... or maybe you want a car with better gas mileage... or maybe you want a car that you don't have to worry about being stolen... or maybe....

The rubber connection on the stand does appear to be weak. I'm not using the stand myself but it does seem to be pretty flimsy. Maybe someone can come up with an easy household variety fix.

423643[/snapback]

the answer is yes.

And the whole thing about the ferrari was a joke, and even then a ferrari owner would never get a saturn... I'd downgrade to a 1/55 (mercedes benz) if anything. You act like people shouldn't express they're opinion if they disagree with you but you're doing the exact same thing by being offended and making it seem like people that think otherwise shouldnt speak up. I don't believe in throw away toys. I might as well throw away money right into the garbage. And yes... you're right. These are throw away toys. There, we agree.

423643[/snapback]

the answer is yes.

And the whole thing about the ferrari was a joke, and even then a ferrari owner would never get a saturn... I'd downgrade to a 1/55 (mercedes benz) if anything. You act like people shouldn't express they're opinion if they disagree with you but you're doing the exact same thing by being offended and making it seem like people that think otherwise shouldnt speak up. I don't believe in throw away toys. I might as well throw away money right into the garbage. And yes... you're right. These are throw away toys. There, we agree.

423645[/snapback]

Ok, my point is that if you buy 5 of the 1/100, you know what? That is the same amount to a 1/48. yes I think 1/48 is creme la creme, cream of the crop. So you buy 5 POS when you can get a good quality stuff. Let's face it folks: we have to be selective. I dont go buy every damn Macross stuff that comes out. And as we all know space is a premium. Right now I need to be selective. We all collect other things. My question is why collect junk when there is better things to collect.

Ok,

I placed my Valkyrie in figther mode on the stupid stand before I went to sleep.  This morning I found my Valkyrie Belly UPPED.  I check the valk and it's A O K. :)   , I then place my valk back on the stand and notice the Ball joint SOCKET part is cracked. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

B))

423509[/snapback]

:lol: Sorry couldn't resist.

Like I say, less risk if toynami do go down a cheaper alternative path. If they attempt another masterpiece people would be 5 times more angry just from the sheer shock of discovering it doesn't match the price they feel was worth it. Update us on any other breakages in time. Hopefully they fix these probs so in future others don't go through the same.

I just got me Set 1. These are awesome to say the least. I like the overall size, look, and feel. They are a perfect display piece to have on my desk.

I know there are people out there who disagree whole-heartedly...and to those I say, SHADDAP YUZ!!!

More power to you. But considering the flood of yamato releases, I can see where people are coming from if they don't have any spare change to even get one of these.. Sheesh the vf1 is done to death. Nevertheless there were some people who complained in the past that they can't afford to get yamato valks, so these might be filling in a gap for those people. (ie they are really only interested in 1 or 2 and really happy with what little they have)

Personally I am more interested in the fact that there is a small scale line than due to price reasons. (I will buy and prefer expensive toys if the quality justifies it)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok, my point is that if you buy 5 of the 1/100, you know what? That is the same amount to a 1/48. yes I think 1/48 is creme la creme, cream of the crop. So you buy 5 POS when you can get a good quality stuff. Let's face it folks: we have to be selective. I dont go buy every damn Macross stuff that comes out. And as we all know space is a premium. Right now I need to be selective. We all collect other things. My question is why collect junk when there is better things to collect.

Did the guy who buys six crates of every new Yamato release just make a speech about self-control? I'm just teasing you but it does seem kind of funny. The only problem I have with any of these posts is the "we" you're using. Unless you're speaking in the royal "we" then you're speaking too broadly or preaching. That's not to say I don't do the same occasionally but for whatever reason yours and Exo's original posts struck me as pretentious. Also, with all these people saying "Hey, they're not a POS" you jump in the thread and say "Don't buy a POS, spend 6x that amount on a 1/48.'

I fully support people stating their opinion so long as it's guided at the toys and not the collectors. Comments that belittle the people who would buy the toys are far less effective than comments that belittle the toys. I love the whole "I was talking to another guy who hasn't handled one of these and we agree that no one should collect these horrible things" just seems generally a really silly position to take up.

I totally agree with this. I got two of these 1/100 (sold one to a friend) and I hated it after playing with it for 10 minutes. The toy feels so cheap! not worth the $20 price tag. If you guys are looking for something that is solid and has quality, why don't you guys pick up the bandai 1/55? it cost about 2 of these 1/100. I galdly would trade 2 1/100 for 1 1/55 in a heartbeat.

My question is why collect junk when there is better things to collect.

423656[/snapback]

Edited by Gunbuster

Ugh, a Bandai reissue? Why? It's less poseable, even uglier in battloid, and GERWALK modes, and not much better in fighter mode. I think the Takatoku was great back in 1984-1990 but it's painfully out-dated today unless you have some sort of sentimental attachment. if someone is going to use $40 to buy a toy, I would say go MPC or 1/60... unless you plan on occasionally using your toy as a hammer... then the Bandai reissue will be the definite choice.

Edited by jenius

I totally agree with this. I got two of these 1/100 (sold one to a friend) and I hated it after playing with it for 10 minutes. The toy feels so cheap! not worth the $20 price tag. If you guys are looking for something that is solid and has quality, why don't you guys pick up the bandai 1/55? it cost about 2 of these 1/100. I galdly would trade 2 1/100 for 1 1/55 in a heartbeat.
  My question is why collect junk when there is better things to collect.

423656[/snapback]

423677[/snapback]

Yea only the HIkaru 1A and Cannon fodder versions. And the rest of the 1/55 reissues cost way more at this point. This isn't 2003 anymore, the resale value of those has gone higher.

I was referencing your "throw away if it breaks" type of toys. the bandai has weight and feels solid to play with.

the 1/100 feels too flimsy to play with. If it cost $10, I would have no issue with it.

I fully support people stating their opinion so long as it's guided at the toys and not the collectors.  Comments that belittle the people who would buy the toys are far less effective than comments that belittle the toys.  I love the whole "I was talking to another guy who hasn't handled one of these and we agree that no one should collect these horrible things" just seems generally a really silly position to take up.

423672[/snapback]

Ugh, a Bandai reissue?  Why?  It's less poseable, even uglier in battloid, and GERWALK modes, and not much better in fighter mode.  I think the Takatoku was great back in 1984-1990 but it's painfully out-dated today unless you have some sort of sentimental attachment.  if someone is going to use $40 to buy a toy, I would say go MPC or 1/60... unless you plan on occasionally using your toy as a hammer... then the Bandai reissue will be the definite choice.

423680[/snapback]

thanks for making my point jenius... you say you don't like "belittling" opinions but at the same time think that an opposing view is silly. :rolleyes: An amusing thing was said... that was all... quit making an issue of it. And it was posted after someone else made an amusing remark... No need to get butt hurt over your little toy, buy more if it'll make you feel better. :D

Edited by >EXO<

Well, I stated an opinion steeped in experience and asked another user why they felt that way. They responded with a logical and perfectly acceptable answer. You said "I've never touched one but they suck so no one should buy them." Don't think of it as taking an issue, just offering constructive criticism. No one is butt hurt here but it definitely seems like a mod is trying to egg me into a flame war by refering to it as "your little toy" as if I have a vested interest.

Edited by jenius

Ugh, a Bandai reissue?  Why?  It's less poseable, even uglier in battloid, and GERWALK modes, and not much better in fighter mode.  I think the Takatoku was great back in 1984-1990 but it's painfully out-dated today unless you have some sort of sentimental attachment.  if someone is going to use $40 to buy a toy, I would say go MPC or 1/60... unless you plan on occasionally using your toy as a hammer... then the Bandai reissue will be the definite choice.

423680[/snapback]

hey when did the 1/55 classic ever do something wrong. :p

Sure its heavy but its solid. Its not a hammer. <_<

I like them alot. :D

You know I think the real culprit is Toynami. Iits great that 1/100 is available and affordable but Toynami just doesnt make a qualtiy product. And "Throw-Away" toys c'mon who want to buy something just to trash it in a couple of days or weeks.

Well, I stated an opinion steeped in experience and asked another user why they felt that way.  They responded with a logical and perfectly acceptable answer.  You said "I've never touched one but they suck so no one should buy them."  Don't think of it as taking an issue, just offering constructive criticism.  No one is butt hurt here but it definitely seems like a mod is trying to egg me into a flame war by refering to it as "your little toy" as if I have a vested interest.

423689[/snapback]

sorry, wrong again... I said I was at nightmare's house when he opened his... I've also stated that I handled the AX con version before. In fact I handled it again at SDCC when numerous friends bought one after another. I probably handled more of these than you care to know about. It wouldn't be a flame war if one wasn't so insulted so easily, enough to make up stuff in the vested interest of defending his opinion.

I think the reason some won't get the bandai though is more because for the size, you can get better valks. The competition is much more fierce at the larger size and there are other factors to consider like posability and what not. But for tiny valks it might be a bit more forgivable in terms of detail for them to be crappy. (that is until better ones come out to kick its ass)

As for quality control: nobody knowingly buys stuff expecting them to break. I agree here, the stuff shouldn't be breaking at all. I hate it when that happens. Luckily I wait until everyone else buys stuff before jumping in early. :D

But for me I can forgive this if the attitude of the company is that they will listen to your concerns and try to improve and then succeed in making the improvements. Especially for stuff you really want to buy but just wish the quality was good enough to not fall apart. I'm still waiting to here news on improvments made to the garland before making any commitment. Like the alphas, they look all good in pics, but until they are sturdy I'm not touching them. I don't want mine to self destruct just by being on the shelf and from no fault of my own. (it's not quite the same as say the 1/48 backpack hinge which is reasonably strong if you don't abuse it)

I think the reason some won't get the bandai though is more because for the size, you can get better valks. The competition is much more fierce at the larger size. But for tiny valks it might be a bit more  forgivable in terms of detail for them to be crappy.

As for quality control: nobody knowingly buys stuff expecting them to break. I agree here, the stuff shouldn't be breaking at all. I hate it when that happens. Luckily I wait until everyone else buys stuff before jumping in early. :D

But for me I can forgive this if the attitude of the company is that they will listen to your concerns and try to improve and then succeed in making the improvements. (especially for stuff you really want to buy but just wish the quality was good enough to not fall apart. I'm still waiting to here news on improvments made to the garland before making any commitment. Like the alphas they look all good in pics, but until they are sturdy I'm not touching them)

423694[/snapback]

the 1/100 do look nice in pics but the reviews have been less than stellar minor problems are forgiveable everything breaks at some point through age or usage. the bandai were great for their time but like you said competition has increased which should push companies to produce a better product in order to control that segment of that market. Filling the 1/100 void with these seems to be a good move on Toynami's part but as word spreads like it does here then....well i guess these discussions end up taking place.

post-3216-1155115154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

Interestingly though, I have just been lurking for a bit on the RT forums. They don't seem to like the idea of smaller scale vf1. But would jump at the chance of other mecha.

It just goes to show people are sick of vf1. Too crowded. (competes against mpc vf1, yamato vf1 in two scales, bandai chunky munkey, banpresto, those little gashapon things etc enough already!) Toynami should start on other macross mecha as well to interest people. Give us the destroids at least. I need some 1/100 to stand next to the monster I have on display. But at the same time up the QC of stuff.