The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Man that is soooo bad for your health. :p Anyone else here found that being addicted to Macross makes it seem like good old college days again?

421180[/snapback]

I deferred my car loan payment for one month to afford the VF-0... :ph34r:

421203[/snapback]

DUDE! uhmmm... that's not smart. You only get so many of those...

421213[/snapback]

I know it is none of my business but eriku, as a fellow friend on MW, I have to agree with eugimon. Eugimon has a point. Best not to ruin your credit rating just for a toy. Yes it is cool to have one but it is a toy. Yes I know it is easy for me to say I have a huge collection of 1/48s but I never starved nor deferred payments on bills. I wouldnt be a friend if I didnt tell you this. Hopefully no offense man.

LOL, well I'm glad everyone is so concerned for my credit rating. Don't worry, I've done plenty of research. Ford Credit allows 2 deferrals per year with no negative effects other than the fact that you're paying on the loan longer than originally planned. I figure I'll be making car payments my entire life anyway, so no biggie. :)

Man that is soooo bad for your health. :p Anyone else here found that being addicted to Macross makes it seem like good old college days again?

421180[/snapback]

Sort of... because I'm IN college. :D

LOL, well I'm glad everyone is so concerned for my credit rating.  Don't worry, I've done plenty of research.  Ford Credit allows 2 deferrals per year with no negative effects other than the fact that you're paying on the loan longer than originally planned.  I figure I'll be making car payments my entire life anyway, so no biggie. :)

421317[/snapback]

Glad to hear you're gonna' be alright. :D I might have to forgoe school books to support my habit.

the instant Noodles are Ok but the salt in them....its more than I need.

its probably way to soon , but does

anyone have any info on the design of the Box?

I wonder if the box will be just as large as those in the past.

Are the wings that long from tip to tip across?

post-3216-1154407432_thumb.jpg

421408[/snapback]

We need to publish a cookbook for Yamato collectors. Something to enhance the taste of ramen while keeping the costs down. Guaranteed bestseller if this is the first publication of a MW book. ;)

The size of the box is probably the reason why Yamato did the wings too short, come to think of it :p

421409[/snapback]

I highly doubt that was the reason why they made the wings shorter. :)

This is Yamato we're talking about here right? :lol:

Release after release, the boxes are bigger than they're required to be. I think box size was the LAST thing on their minds~ :p

421408[/snapback]

We need to publish a cookbook for Yamato collectors. Something to enhance the taste of ramen while keeping the costs down. Guaranteed bestseller if this is the first publication of a MW book. ;)

421413[/snapback]

Tabasco is your friend. Worked on all the MRE's I had in the Army!

421408[/snapback]

421413[/snapback]

421420[/snapback]

All while looking after your gastrointestinal health I mean. :rolleyes::lol:

421408[/snapback]

421413[/snapback]

421420[/snapback]

Tobasco IS your friend! :D

I usually add a little of this to my noodles.

post-3216-1154421000_thumb.jpg

everybody i know makes them diiferent, though.

no matter what I'm getting a YF19

or two or three or four or maybe not so many.

421408[/snapback]

421413[/snapback]

I tend to add sauces in my instant ramen. Dump some teriyaki sauce and sesame-chili oil, improves the flavor right away! Or Japanese bbq sauce and sesame-chili oil. Or just sesame-seed oil instead of sesame-chili oil. Soy sauce and some oil works good too.

421408[/snapback]

421413[/snapback]

I tend to add sauces in my instant ramen. Dump some teriyaki sauce and sesame-chili oil, improves the flavor right away! Or Japanese bbq sauce and sesame-chili oil. Or just sesame-seed oil instead of sesame-chili oil. Soy sauce and some oil works good too.

421508[/snapback]

throw in some fresh soy bean sprouts at the last moment. they're cheap and add some crunchiness and a little more texture.

I've found adding a small bit of meat (whatever you have lying around - a chunk of ham works best) to the water before boiling the noodles makes a huge difference in the taste without adding much to the overall cost...

Sooooooo,... How about that YF-19? Any news? :ph34r:

421544[/snapback]

uhmmm... not yet.... nope... But, uhm, heyyyyyyy, do you think... uhm... yamato will release non-canon repaints of the yf-19?

:unsure:

421547[/snapback]

why not? people would probably buy it. they got the beige version, the blue version, and possibly a low-viz version and anything else they can come up with. me, i'd buy the biege and LV version, no hestiation. and i may be sucked into buying the video game version because i like crack. :D

I usually add a little of this to my noodles.

post-3216-1154421000_thumb.jpg

everybody i know makes them diiferent, though.

no matter what I'm getting a YF19

or two or three or four or maybe not so many.

421471[/snapback]

Sriracha is the bomb! I'm a Thai-food addict myself. I've even thought about putting that crap on ice cream before. (Don't worry, I haven't followed through.)

ADD: As for different colors on the 19, I'd have to agree with Graham's earlier picture postings. Those Hasegawa kits looked unbelievably cool.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

so when's yamato gonna release a yf-21 to rival the d'stance model kit?? honestly, i was never that much of a fan of the 19 but if they pull it off, i'll buy every macross plus and macross zero valks they come out with...

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Wouldnt mind a super nova scheme or an angelbirds scheme. Think if yamato were to fully utilize the molds, a YF19A and with a bit of twitching to the molds, M7 variants would be possible. But the question is does yamato have the M7 license. :unsure::)

Btw graham, with yamato releasing so many variants with such short breaks in bwt, do they not fear some stuff would be stuck on the shelve? :huh:

OT: im a sandwich man myself, healthier with greens and small proportions of meat like tuna, ham or chicken. Cheap and easy to prepare :D

Cheers

Edited by recon