Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Noob question ?

Who is hamann?

... I should regard your opinion highly, why?

427529[/snapback]

MGREXX, LORD KUNGFU... we've seen this kinda poo before.

427530[/snapback]

Please god tell me he is not MGREXX I thought we got rid of that cancer. And not to feed the troll but maybe he should have posted his little intro in the HOMEPAGES section! I also doubt the veracity of some of his claims, maybe I should ask my good friend from College Adam Pawlus about him, oops look I can drop names too.

I got to see Starscream really up close in WF and i was really really impressed by the detail on it. It doesn't look like panel lines and the decepticon logo and the multiple NO STEP signs on it are definately not stickers. Looks like Tampo prints, baby!

And about the Transformers movie robots.....they should've just called it ROBOTRONS FROM MARS or something and don't make us cringe. Those designs are......as someone put it....Bionicled....  :angry:

427646[/snapback]

Any pics mate? After all, you are DA man when it comes to bringing news pics to the site!!

:)

ACToys have posted pics of the Classics Optimus Prime Vs Megatron two-pack in box, with some stock photos of Mirage, Grimlock and Jetfire on the side.

This Prime and Megs are obviously different from the regular Voyager-class ones.

(In case the server goes down or is too slow)

200608231156331iz8.th.jpg

200608231156371iz9.th.jpg

200608231156421vl3.th.jpg

200608231156461qw0.th.jpg

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I'm seeing ebay buy it now preorders for Starscream as low as $70. can I hope this will be close to the real price?

I got to see Starscream really up close in WF and i was really really impressed by the detail on it. It doesn't look like panel lines and the decepticon logo and the multiple NO STEP signs on it are definately not stickers. Looks like Tampo prints, baby!

And about the Transformers movie robots.....they should've just called it ROBOTRONS FROM MARS or something and don't make us cringe. Those designs are......as someone put it....Bionicled....  :angry:

427646[/snapback]

Any pics mate? After all, you are DA man when it comes to bringing news pics to the site!!

:)

427672[/snapback]

I do but i haven't found a half decent cybercafe here in thailand that isn't either:

1) running on pentium celerons 233 mhz

2) slower than 56k connections

3) have a USB/CDROM access.

XD

wait for it. In the meantime i'm sure there are alot of pictures online and stuff.

There is some news and more shots of upcoming Masterpieces Starscream and Convoy in the latest issue of Figure Oh! As well as news about the S.T.A.R.S. club.

Information can be found on F2F:

Including:

The details of a Transformers S.T.A.R.S club is also reported, recently rumored to carry exclusive anime color MP-03 or MP-04 with roller, none of those are true. The article said that for those who purchased (the regular) MP-03 and MP-04, you are eligible to receive a TF S.T.A.R.S fan club membership card, with your name printed on it by sending in the robot points on both packages. Although the ID card is a sort of reissue from the old TF S.T.A.R.S fan club back in 80s, the fan club is no longer in operation, thus whatever special exclusives for members in the club at that time will not be valid as well. This campaign is valid in Japan only however FantoFan would be able to help those who ordered both items from us and are interested to obtain the card to apply for it.

For Aussie fans interested in MP-03 I recieved an offer of US$101 including EMS shipping from Hong Kong. Thats around AU$130 and about the best I have seen so far. My pre-order currently sits with HLJ.com for about AU$140 with SAL shipping. If anyone knows of a group buy offer in Aus PM me will ya?

Nice elbows!... just a month of waiting left for MP SS...

Cute idea of having the old SS weapons being able to be attached to the nose cone. Useless in my case (my G1 SS weapons where the first thing to disappear) but nice for those who have at least MP-01.

What mould is Kiss Rodimus based on? If it turns out good I might fall for the “expensive gummy fetish girl†line.

The Hasbro rep has apparently been saying that these designs we're seeing are still under development. That said, though, while Megatron looks kind of cool in general, he's not really appealing to the old school fan in me.

are there any plans of releasing an MP megatron? 

i only ask cause i want to buy the MP prime but it depends solely on whether a MP megatron will be made. 

sorry if this is a stupid question.

428089[/snapback]

That would be really interesting, to have an accurate replica of a Walther P-38 or some other gun if they want to update him and a new transformation scheme. It could be marketed towards older fans as most the MP line is judging on the pricing, bypassing the whole gun toy dilemma. On second thought, I doubt it could happen.

An MP Megs would be great, but as far as anyone seems to know, there hasn't been much in the way of concept and production. I seem to recall Aaron Archer from Hasbro saying that they want to do a military-themed MP line, so Megs might fit in well with a tank there. If they ever do it, that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, IMO like I was saying before the forums were down. The Alternator/Binaltech designs would have been great. With some modifications to the models and replacing the toy joints and screws with correct details, they would look better, realistic and believable in cgi. Also much better looking than all of the designs that have been popping up so far. I read in the Transformers forums that people were saying this is more like "Alien robots that transform: the movie" with the name Transformers slapped on it.

Yeah that Mirage is cool. I got one the other day at Walmart. I'm serious. With some modifications or even some anime magic, some of these Alternators/Binaltech would look great in a movie and wouldn't look like toys anymore. Remember this CG RX-8? Just modify some areas and I would go watch this movie.

post-2880-1157921962_thumb.jpg

Ok, IMO like I was saying before the forums were down. The Alternator/Binaltech designs would have been great. With some modifications to the models and replacing the toy joints and screws with correct details, they would look better, realistic and believable in cgi. Also much better looking than all of the designs that have been popping up so far. I read in the Transformers forums that people were saying this is more like "Alien robots that transform: the movie" with the name Transformers slapped on it.

You are correct sir. Ever since i saw the first pictures i've been muttering the same thing. Not only would have it looked better and for that matter much more realistic, i'm sure it would have saved alot of time and money since the basis for just about all the designs has already been thought out and proven by the figures. They wouldn't even to come up with new transformation schemes. Sad, sad, sad. You can put this right up there with what they did to Godzilla. <_<

Edited by Veritas

And this:

Classics Ramjet Prototype w/ Starscream and Jetfire Protos

I'm really looking forward to this line. The movie might look horrible, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

Speaking of Alternators...

I found a Mirage RIGHT after the boards went down.

And had to return it because Hasbro pumped a joint full of glue and it snapped when I tried to transform him.

Haven't seen another one yet.

I had the exact opposite problem. Found Mirage right after the boards went down, but I'm going to need to pump his hip joints full of gluge because they're too loose. Seriously, if Mirage had ratcheted hips and his chestplate somehow snapped into place, he would be, quite possibly, the best Transformer ever designed. He looks fantastic in both modes, his transformation is very interested, yet never too difficult or frustrating, and it's Mirage/ I always liked Mirage as a kid, he's one of the few early Transformers I remember owning. Him and Sunstreaker and Prime.

I also nabbed Alternators Prime when I found Mirage. Figured I'd to it for completeness sake. He doesn't look as bad as I'd imagined, but he's a floppy mess. Nothing seems to have a way of snapping into place. His arms kinda of hang there, as does his chest plate. His legs are too short up top, and too long on the bottom. You can't pose his head up or down, just left or right. The front fender falls off icnredibly easily, especially during transformation. I'd thought this particular design would make a good Ironhide or something, but it's just poorly done all around. You can tell there was a lack of interest at Takara (or whatever they're called these days).

Has anyone heard anything about any more Alternators releases? I get the impression that the line is on the way out, as sales for the Binaltechs in Japan have been lacking. Still, I hope they at least get Rumble, Frenzy, Red Alert, Blaster (if that's what they're going to call Binaltech Broadblast overe here), and the others that we've seen concept work of, or have been released in Japan.

Ack, must have missed a page. I'm guessing this means they're still on the way!

I guess it's because I'm not a real big fan of Transformers that I'm not wedded to thier traditional designs.

But the new Starscream and the movie Transformers are the best things I've seen out of this franchise in many, many years.

I'd bet good money the movie will be forgetable, but the designs are winners.