Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Yellow isn't the problem, PALE yellow is the problem.  Did you see my Roy's valk comment?  The Jolly Rogers do not have a cheap-looking yellow.  Nor do the Blue Angels.  Nor Sunstreaker.  Even McDonald's.  It is quite possible to just have normal, rich yellow.  But most toy companies don't seem to have it.  Yamato's about the only one it seems (and even theirs is still too pale).  But for some reason, Hasbro especially, toy companies seem to only ever use the most pale, sickly-looking yellow money can buy.  And it looks bad on everything, regardless of context.  (I do believe its a cost issue--ever since lead was banned from paint, white and yellow have had problems---the only good yellow pigment is lead chromate, and it was cheap--now that it's gone,

getting a decent yellow costs more.  Probably add .008 cents to the cost of the average toy.  When I say "cheap yellow" I'm being quite literal) 

FYI, the yellow used by the Jolly Rogers, and thus Roy in a way, is specified that it should always match lead-pigmented yellow.  No "cheap pale yellow" on the commander's plane...

Also, amber isn't at all too close to red.  Go look at MP Prime.  Amber works, because he's a truck, and trucks have amber lights all over.  Depending on how many runnning lights, it can run into the hundreds.  When's the last time you saw a vehicle with pastel yellow turn signals or marker lamps?  Amber=accent color of every vehicle on the planet, regardless of what side of the road it drives on.  Plenty of amber on G1 toys that I can remember.  Not much pale yellow, besides stickers and Prime's eyes, ironically.  (Sunstreaker is a DEEP yellow)  (Though my collection was about 95% Decepticon, so I didn't have that many cars--lots of planes though)   

And if amber/red doesn't work for kid's toys, what about the zillion "flame" toys?  Almost every single line has a "fire/flaming" character or version of the main character.  Many similar shades of yellow/orange/red.

PS--anyone else sorta annoyed that there's a bunch of new shots of MP Starscream already from Chara Hobby, but we're still scrounging for YF-19 shots?  "Wow, 20 news shots of MP SS from the exact same angles and pose we've already seen".  Though I did notice the it looks like the wing transformation is quite different than I thought.  It almost seems like the root flips 180, but then the rest of the wing angles out from the root on a sliding hinge.

426660[/snapback]

Ahh, I see, I stand corrected. I didn't realise yellow was an issue in terms of cost nowadays.

Wow, you can really see how large and fugly the hip kibble is in those shots. It looks like he's got a couple airplanes hanging off his hips. Good luck with those not getting in the way in a battle.

And I dig Classics Prime for the most part. I do agree with David, though, the colour scheme makes him look cheap. I still look forward to nabbing one, but could be a bit better with just some better colour choices.

Well, I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you posted those pics with nary an explanation before, during or afterwards. A little context then and there would have helped those of us scratching our heads :(

426596[/snapback]

Can't talk much about "leaked" stuff.

Can't say Startscream looks bad at all in the kibble department, though the photos aren't too clear, and it seems this thread has long ago proven that kibble is in the eye of the beholder.

The only bits I would even consider kibble so far would be the tail pieces attached to his hips, and from the look of the wing and leg design it does not seem as if those will get in the way too much.

I'm usually not a fan of kibble (makes the robot modes look really ugly, especially stuff like the open doors hanging off the backs of the autobots) but I prefer the kibble near the midsection for poseability reasons and tend to not go for robots with kibble near the ankles and around the legs.

I think the argument against the hib kibble is more that it no longer makes starscream appear like the toon starscream more than the fact that it (the kibble) is there. (but in toon land all kinds of crazy poo hapens that is impossible in 3d - like disapearing parts and stuff) Had SS retained the original prototype look people wouldn't be so pissed and easily forgive the kibble for being there.

I think the best robot mode transformations are ones where all the parts are tightly held close together on the robots with not much hanging off the body. I have an issue with alternator primes shoulders for example. But like other TF with stuff tucked away neatly in a compact form.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Found this up on TFANS, there's a KISS Play comic preview featuring what seems to be Megatron as an S2000... that's about the only thing worth reporting on though... let's just say I'm really not digging the path Takara is continually taking the Transformers down on their end.

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/special/daioh/...p/pickup03.html

:ph34r:

Edited by Veritas

Found this up on TFANS, there's a KISS Play comic preview featuring what seems to be Megatron as an S2000... that's about the only thing worth reporting on though... let's just say I'm really not digging the path Takara is continually taking the Transformers down on their end.

427092[/snapback]

Since when did S2000s have triple headlights? That's just some fictional car design.

WTF. So now Megatron is a child molestor? Look at his tongue in that comic! Looks like they are really playing up the whole "transmolestor" advertisting thing.

Veiny tongues today, slimy white spurting tentacles of Cybertron tomorrow. :o

427092[/snapback]

Since when did S2000s have triple headlights? That's just some fictional car design.

WTF. So now Megatron is a child molestor? Look at his tongue in that comic! Looks like they are really playing up the whole "transmolestor" advertisting thing.

427125[/snapback]

Since when did fictional comics have to be 100% accurate? Maybe they haven’t licensed the S2000 from Honda for use in the comic, I don’t know. The triple headlights might be pure fiction but his robot mode is heavily based on this:

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act335/

http://www.bwtf.com/alternators/decepticharge/

Both S2000s, and both with nearly the same overall body as the “Megatron†pictured in that preview. It looks like the artist might have taken some liberties, but that is essentially the same robot as the Alternators/Binaltechs pictured above.

As for the rest of the preview, it’s a sad day IMO when the Transformers have come to this. I’m looking forward to Hot Rod as a Ford GT, but that’s about it. I’ll buy whatever I have to, to get my hands on that, but this line is really testing my faith in Takara and the direction they’re taking.

<_<

WTF.  So now Megatron is a child molestor?  Look at his tongue in that comic! Looks like they are really playing up the whole "transmolestor" advertisting thing.

Wow. Quite the scary comic ... what the hell "direction" is Takara taking the TF line down?!?!?

:huh:

WTF.  So now Megatron is a child molestor?  Look at his tongue in that comic! Looks like they are really playing up the whole "transmolestor" advertisting thing.

Wow. Quite the scary comic ... what the hell "direction" is Takara taking the TF line down?!?!?

:huh:

427194[/snapback]

Soon we'll see transformers that turn into internal massage aids. :ph34r:

Soon we'll see transformers that turn into internal massage aids.  :ph34r:

Dude, have you seen a pic of the new Classics TF Astrotrain in train mode?

427202[/snapback]

does it vibrate?

427235[/snapback]

you gonna buy it if it does? ;):D:p:lol:

Soon we'll see transformers that turn into internal massage aids.  :ph34r:

Dude, have you seen a pic of the new Classics TF Astrotrain in train mode?

427202[/snapback]

does it vibrate?

427235[/snapback]

you gonna buy it if it does? ;):D:p:lol:

427238[/snapback]

Only if the batteries are included.

"Mommy mommy can I have the transformers hentai please? I really want to see Megatron violate young girls and Optimus get it on consentually with a confused minor. MMM statchatory."

Serious what in Drig's name is Takara thinking with this toyline? Are they that hard up for ideas that the concept of human on robot intercourse is the only thing left to them? And does anyone else notice the resemblance between Megatron's tentacle tongue and my Wife's Best Friend? aka the one eyed snake, aka Willy, aka John Thomas, etc...

"Mommy mommy can I have the transformers hentai please?  I really want to see Megatron violate young girls and Optimus get it on consentually with a confused minor.  MMM statchatory."

Serious what in Drig's name is Takara thinking with this toyline?  Are they that hard up for ideas that the concept of human on robot intercourse is the only thing left to them?  And does anyone else notice the resemblance between Megatron's tentacle tongue and my Wife's Best Friend?  aka the one eyed snake, aka Willy, aka John Thomas, etc...

427356[/snapback]

Ha Ha Ha Ha

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know whether to laugh or shudder in fear.

wolf duuuude, sorry if I'm going to offend japanese perverts with a lolita complex, but even you have to see there is something wrong there. :D I mean Megatron is about to rape a little kid.. come on. I can accept him as a destroyer and conqueror, but a child molestor?

I bet all japanese TF fans are so embarassed now.. (pink boxes where they hide the actual main toy, way overpriced alternators at BT prices, and characters that want to do human children)

Serious what in Drig's name is Takara thinking with this toyline? Are they that hard up for ideas that the concept of human on robot intercourse is the only thing left to them? And does anyone else notice the resemblance between Megatron's tentacle tongue and my Wife's Best Friend? aka the one eyed snake, aka Willy, aka John Thomas, etc...

It's actually common in japan. So boosting sales amongst the fans of it is good business sense.

But as I said Japan = wierd. (not surprising to me if TF isn't doing well. Desperate measures..)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

This new direction is lame.

How are the figures better with a little half naked school girl?

i thought about getting one one of these figures.

I figured I'd give it a chance but the prices i've seen on these is absurd.

Noob question ?

Who is hamann?

... I should regard your opinion highly, why?

427529[/snapback]

MGREXX, LORD KUNGFU... we've seen this kinda poo before.

427530[/snapback]

oh <_< ... uhmm ok.

Thanks

I got to see Starscream really up close in WF and i was really really impressed by the detail on it. It doesn't look like panel lines and the decepticon logo and the multiple NO STEP signs on it are definately not stickers. Looks like Tampo prints, baby!

And about the Transformers movie robots.....they should've just called it ROBOTRONS FROM MARS or something and don't make us cringe. Those designs are......as someone put it....Bionicled.... :angry: