Dream Toys

GobotFool

1/18 scale PV VF-1.(yeayea big so what, I got a 1/18 BBI F/A-18 for xmas and since the VF-1 is similar in size to an F=16. it might not even be as big as the F/A-18 I got).

12"DX RX-78-2 gundam and zaku toys. It puzzles me WHY bandai america did not even bother trying to design/make these when gundam 0079 was on tv a few years back. Ahhhh!!

1/18 scale PV VF-1.(yeayea big so what, I got a 1/18 BBI F/A-18 for xmas and since the VF-1 is similar in size to an F=16. it might not even be as big as the F/A-18 I got). 

12"DX RX-78-2 gundam and zaku toys. It puzzles me WHY bandai america did not even bother trying to design/make these when gundam 0079 was on tv a few years back.  Ahhhh!!

374062[/snapback]

Yea, after perusing the Bad Catz Toys site and scoping all those cool 1/18 warbirds/jets, it's what made me go big and change my wish to that scale for a "perfect" VF-1. While we're at it, how about...

Yamato 1/48 fighters/bombers:

From the EDF:

--Cosmo Tiger

--Electra

--Black Tiger

--Cosmo Zero

--Astro Commando troop trnspt

and the Gamilons:

--Ramhead

--Sparrow

--Arrowlet

--Prowler

just to name a few; so many cool designs from that show. I always have liked the ship designs from Starblazers/Yamato.

*snip*

Mr March, for the valks don't you mean 1/60? 1/72 is the current scale of the ones that yamato already made.

373931[/snapback]

I meant quality on par with a Yamato 1/60 VF-0, but in a 1/72 scale. However, I want a YF-19/YF-21 much, MUCH better than the current 1/72 line. THanks for the correction.

FFT characters would be great as Gashapon.  You've got like 12 jobs and one character for male, the other for female so that's already 24 characters, plus Ramza, since he generally keeps his own shape no matter what job.

373812[/snapback]

Any form of FFT toys I'll take, even gashapon! Heh, I could see the princess or even TG Cid as the "rare" figs. For the FFVI figs, I could see a fully rendered fig of their SNES sprites in all their SD glory included with their "realistic" counterpart figs similar to the FFVII Advent Children figures.

Well, my dream toy have always been the VOLTES V. Couldn't afford the one from the godaikin series when it did come out back in the 80's, but at least I've got the SOC to look forward to in the next couple of months. I guess you can say that my dream will soon become a reality  :) !

373937[/snapback]

damn dude! you live in the O.C. and cant afford a Voltes. Whats up with that?

373993[/snapback]

Well, that's an easy one. All the money I could've invested on a VOLTES went to buying 1/48 YAMATO Valks instead. I think you and most of the folks here could relate :D !

I was thinking a while back how cool it would be if Takara expanded the new line of 1/18 scale mechs & microman figures that kicks off with Scopedog next month to other "similarly" sized but crinimally ignored mechs.

A dream list would include,

Gasaraki Tactical Armours

Full Metal Panic Arm Slaves

Nadesico Aestevalis's

Aliens Powerloader

Mospeada Ride Armours

Appleseed Landmates

etc, etc untill you have a whole shelf/room full of popular mechs & pilots all in the same scale & of the same quality.

1/6 scale RAH level Mospeada ride armors complete with fully articulated 12" rider dolls. I want these done out the ass with the following:

- fully transformable from bike to ride armor. I don't care if it's "perfect transform" or not, heck the thing can fully dismantle and you swap peices out to make it work... just as long as it works.

- 12" doll rider figure has two swappable heads, one helmetless with a loose helmet they can hold and one with helmet perminantly on with movable visor. Also swappable hand sets.

- A full cache of small arms for the rider doll, rifles, pistols, you name it

- detatchable saddle bags that the accessories can fit in

- rubber tires, moving shocks, the works

- mospeada/rider combos for the four main characters (Stick, Ray, Fuke and Yellow) and "supporting character" sets of generic soldiers, Shinobu, Col. Johnson and on and on.

same thing as Jars above, but fully automatic with a push of a button, just to another level

also an inbit that fights it automatically (and gets destroyed),,,,make that at least 10 rebuildable inbits. Naturally variuos parts of the house would need patchwork and cosmetic repair after each battle

1/6 scale RAH level Mospeada ride armors complete with fully articulated 12" rider dolls. I want these done out the ass with the following:

- fully transformable from bike to ride armor. I don't care if it's "perfect transform" or not, heck the thing can fully dismantle and you swap peices out to make it work... just as long as it works.

- 12" doll rider figure has two swappable heads, one helmetless with a loose helmet they can hold and one with helmet perminantly on with movable visor. Also swappable hand sets.

- mospeada/rider combos for the four main characters (Stick, Ray, Fuke and Yellow) and "supporting character" sets of generic soldiers, Shinobu, Col. Johnson and on and on.

374278[/snapback]

I'd like that and the same treatment for the Bubblegum crisis figures. If they can just do it for the existing atelier toys that would be cool.

I'd want a 1:12 scale AT mech from Gasaraki.

1:12 scale Deunan Knute with Landmate. Both fully articulated.

1:12 scale Briarieos with Landmate Armor. Both fully articulated.

1/32 scale Legioss/Alpha. That's a lot better engineered than that MPC POS.

1/48 scale Vanships from Last exile, diecast metal and rubber wheels on the retractable landing gears. With pilots of course.

2 seater 1/48 valks. yeah that's it... the 2 seaters!

374278[/snapback]

I'd like that and the same treatment for the Bubblegum crisis figures. If they can just do it for the existing atelier toys that would be cool.

1/48 scale Vanships from Last exile, diecast metal and rubber wheels on the retractable landing gears. With pilots of course.

374303[/snapback]

The vanships were pretty small craft, you could probably get away with 1/18 or 1/12 maybe?

374278[/snapback]

374303[/snapback]

The vanships were pretty small craft, you could probably get away with 1/18 or 1/12 maybe?

374312[/snapback]

I wanna have a largescale Legioss... so large it could fit a small transformable ride armor in it.

Edited by Kin

bandai re-issue jetfire ie blunted nose vf-1s super

bandai re-issue elintseeker

bandai re-issue ostrich

re-issue 1/55 gbp-1s

proper 1/55 scale glaug/officer's pod/marauder

1/55 scale joke machine

1/100 zen pod conversion kit [like a destroid conversion kit but with zen pods]

re-issue 8" cyclone

re-issue taka 1/3000 sdf-1 { I want shooty bits!!!!!}

robot wars style destroid monster. Yeah I'm gonna build a monster lawn ornament that shoots tennis balls but it will never be robot wars or better capable :(

how sad is it that most of my dream toys have already been made?

how about a 1/55 max and milla marriage set? I know there have been customs but how about an official?

When I think dream toy only one thing pops out in my mind. Now many of you might find this incredibly lame for this site but I think a creation of a toyline that can do anything that was seen in the Anime "Angelic Layer". If you remember some of the angels had energy attacks and there were some robots that competed.

I just imagine all of us getting together with our own valkyries, gundams, destroids, patlabors etc. and battling it out on the layer. Just think of the possibilities. Even better if you could have armies going at it. :D

Hell I'd even be happy if you could get Robonova 1 in various mecha and that frame that you wear to move you robot (some guy in Japan invented it and his kid wears it in competitions to move the robot. The robot matches the joint angles of the frame that is worn by the kid).

A CNC millingmachine costs too much

373834[/snapback]

My dad owns a flight avionics business and has an industrial milling machine that we put together not even a week ago. He's built a good number of instrument panels and various other things with it just to test it out. If someone could give me the run down on how to apply that to toy/model creation with compatible software, then i could see that as an easy cross over for my personal use.

Also for FFT don't forget the Robot, Cloud, Beowulf, and the Dragon, so you get an extra 4 "secret" characters.

Edited by emajnthis

Here are a few that have crossed my mind:

Limited edition Yamato 1/48 all metal VF-1

A bare metal aluminum precision milled 1/48 VF-1 with all head variants. I know I know, but imagine an indestructible polished metal 1/48... It would be quite the centerpiece.

Yamato 1/60 YF-19 and YF-21

I would love to see Yamato take what they have learned with the 1/48 and the 1/60 VF-O and take another shot at Mac +. And since were talk'n dreams here. I'd love to see Yamato hire that d'stance guy to work on the Mac + design team. His YF-21 is the bench mark for Mac + transformable kits as far as I'm concerned. (If you don't know what I'm taking about check this out http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html )

Yamato 1/100 macross toy line.

I know some might argue we don't need another VF-1 toy, but I for one would love to see what Yamato could come up with for this small scale. Plus at this scale every VF-1 variant, destrods, bad guys, dioramas and the like wouldn't be out of the question. An added bonus would be to see Yamato put Toynami to shame yet again. :D

1/32 Gasaraki Tactical Armours

I'd like to see a Raiden armour with great poseabibly that could perform the "seated position" without any parts swapping like the 1/35 bandai Kit needs. I'd also like to see a nice weathering job so it looks less like a toy, this was one thing (among others) that turned me off of Yamato's Votoms line. I'd also want it to be made of ABS. I'm not a fan of PVC figures.

Bandai MFG (Metal Frame Grade)

I for one would love to see some sort of toy/model line that was based on fully articulated metal frames. Don't know the particulars, but I just want some solid toy/models that can hold crazy poses with joints that can be tightened so they don't become ragdolls over time. Basically a new generation of chogokin that puts the diecast where it should be, in the joints and structural members.

Microman metal material force

I really like the look and poseability of the microman line, but don't like the lose joints or how the arms pop off at the biceps. I would love to see a limited edition aluminum microman material force figure, with joints that can be adjusted for tightness. Basically a bare aluminum version of the limited Toys r us material force figures

80's GiJoe

Classic 3 3/4" Joe line reissued with old school packaging. That, or I'd like to see Microman style super poseable 80's style joes with realistic weapons and accessories.

I think 'dream toy' and one thought springs instantly to mind. VF-4 Lightning III New Valkyrie, in 1/48th scale. As far as toylines go, I'd simply like to see Yamato continue the 1/48th Valkyrie line beyond the VF-1 series.

Agree! This is one of my fave valks. Even if they made a small version which isn't as detailed I would still get it. It has a nice look to it as the sucessor to vf1 because it looks kind of similar to it but different at the same time.

I know hasbro/takara is supposedly making a Neo-G1 but I still have to voice, I'd want series 1-3 of G1 to be compleatly remade on a BT/alt masterpiece level.

Particular wants on this list would be

(We already have MP prime which really is fine with me)

-Prowl/bluestreak/Smokescreen

-Bumblebee

-Ironhide/Ratchet

-DINOBOTS!!!!!!!

-Seekers

-Megs

-Shockewave

-Devestator.

Sorry I'm late.

Gee! You guys have all such good taste that you don't let me much left to say.

I must add tho' that after seeing the D-stance YF 21 I feel raped by Yamato. I think Yamato owes us faithful customers, a brand new line of Mac Plus, not just the long lost YF 19 FP. And don't forget the Renegade enemy mecha this time.

As for Star Wars I think that while the collectors have grown the collectibles haven't. I just stopped collecting SW toys cause they look too childish to me now and I think that's Hasbro's mistake. I for one would buy an accurate Milennium Falcon if it costs me an eye. Four or five individually packed playsets that conbine intgo a huge, nicely detailed, gimmick loaded vehicle could be a good idea. My mother would've never bought me such a toy when I was a kid, but now is MY money ;)

1. A Bandai Soul of Popynica SDF-1 (TV and DYRL)

2. All of the Female Autobots (Elita 1, Chromia, Firestar, Moonracer and Arcee) done Soul Of Chogokin Mazinger Girls style, but with the ability to convert to vehicles

3. A G.I. Joe Skystriker sized Gatchaman Godphoenix with all the other vehicles (Ken's Jet, Joe's Car, Jun's cycle and Jinpei's tank)

4. A Soul of Chogokin Golion, Reideen and Danguard Ace

5. A Takara designed Skyfire

6. An SDF-1 Jumbo Machinder

7. A redesign of all the G1 Dinobots so that they could combine into a Gestalt like Predaking

8. Thundercats done in a 12" format by Medicom

9. Mospeada Toys done by Yamato

10. A Binaltech subline with cars from different eras (60's - 70's American Muscle Cars and 90's cars - Nissan Skyline, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7)

Edited by chowyunskinny