Wonderfest Feb/2006!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I can still live with the jungle camo valk but the black/ala low vis valk is just too 'invisible' to my eyes.....arrghhh my eyes are burninnnn :ph34r:

aaajin

EDITED : yeah, I really think that if the stealth is a 1S variant, it would look 100x much more nicer than the 1A variant

Edited by aaajin

My heart grows heavy... I can't believe the lack of creativity on those 1/48s. Yamato, just follow listen to the fans, and you'll be on the money. I'll probably get those abominations, but they are pissing me off!

Edited by vlenhoff

Are there any pics of the stealth valk in battroid mode? It looks interesting, but need to figure out the look of it in all three modes. If the camo-valk is limited, I bet all those who post saying they think it's ugly and would not buy it, after it disappears off teh shelf will be clamoring for it like collectors do to complet their collections.

Maybe on discount too!!!

:)

Then again I'm sure ALL of us wouldn't mind picking these up at lower prices than advertised on the information tags.

Will the Stealth come with the strike parts??? That's what I really want to know. I've been looking at it closer and I think that it actually might look pretty sweet in Battloid mode. I can't wait to see more pics!

I wish the Camo VF had black trim instead of brown. It really feels like they just over-produced the CF-s so now they're dippin' 'em in a bit of green to sell off the rest.

Will the Stealth come with the strike parts???  That's what I really want to know.  I've been looking at it closer and I think that it actually might look pretty sweet in Battloid mode.  I can't wait to see more pics! 

I wish the Camo VF had black trim instead of brown.  It really feels like they just over-produced the CF-s so now they're dippin' 'em in a bit of green to sell off the rest.

371837[/snapback]

the msrp is 15540 yen, so I assume that it doesn't come with the FAST packs.

Yamato,

Color me NOT impressed! :(

Funny, both are so ugly, the orders may be low and these things may end up being RARE one day... sigh...

371832[/snapback]

Maybe on discount too!!!

:)

Then again I\'m sure ALL of us wouldn\'t mind picking these up at lower prices than advertised on the information tags.

371835[/snapback]

What??!?! Lower prices on these bastardizations and give Yamato the artificial impression that these things are selling well so they can have their design school rejects churn out more ugly Valkyries?

These look like wannabes to the old Exo Squad Lineup. I rather Yamato released the Clown Valkyries from Macross 7 than these.

Someone needs to go back and review whats new in Stealth and Camo trends. Simply googling the terms Low Vis and Stealth should have given the designer more than enough clues.

Are there any pics of the stealth valk in battroid mode? It looks interesting, but need to figure out the look of it in all three modes. If the camo-valk is limited, I bet all those who post saying they think it's ugly and would not buy it, after it disappears off teh shelf will be clamoring for it like collectors do to complet their collections.

371828[/snapback]

Excuse me, but the original Low-Vis looked really good to me and that's why I bought it. I remember back then people saying "it's not an original color scheme" or "I'm not buying it", but that didn't mean the Low-Vis looked bad.

You might be right in your assumption of people trying to get these versions when the market is depleted, but you have to admit that these pictures are showing a less than professional/creative paint job. Maybe it is the lighting, maybe the green hands on the 1A or the red kite logo on the stealth 1J.

I'll get at least one of each as always, but I wish they would've taken more than 20 minutes to paint these valks.

I've seen better photos of the Stealth and Low-Vis 2 (AKA camo Valk) and they look much nicer. The Camo Valk looks great in fighter mode IMO.

Yes, the Camo Valk paint scheme was inspired by Vietnam War era jets.

Graham

371830[/snapback]

can you/are you able to post better pics ?

I actually like the concept of the Camo valk. But I dunno the colours look a bit off. Make them darker, and maybe add in more black. I had a more 'heavy' look in mind like what you get with the early VB6 color. (before they lightened it up.)

I wonder if the pilot will be solid snake? Actually put in snake plisskin from escape from new york. :D

I'm still undecided on the stealth. Interesting experiment though. I thought they would merely go with the ultra rare all black "Titan's Elite colours" credit card valk with only slight change. It just suits the whole black VF17 and black VF22s theme from other macross 7.

People once mentioned that if giant robots were real they shouldn't be painted in bright primary colours like in anime (ie gundam's blue, white and yellow) but in more 'blending with the environment' paintscheme. I like that idea and hope they continue to experiment till they get it good enough for fans. I would have been happy with just a new grey low vis but this is interesting to see.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think that the Stealth Fast Packs will be nice on the 'real' Low Vis

So Yamato has to make camo fast packs now...

I liked the "Stealth" Valk, would like to see more of it. Does this mean that Yamato will be selling "stealth" fast packs seperately?

So far, I really don't like the "camo" Valk though. Graham even said that the picture really didn't do it justice though. I guess I'll just need to see more pictures of it. I might have to get the stealth though.

Chris

Well, I've gotta chime in a slightly more optimistic bit... the grey and black Stealth Valk might be okay looking, but the camo'd valk has some serious issues. Camo on a Valk would look pretty sweet, but the execution here is just aweful. Take a look at almost any historical fighter in camo.... the bottom is counter shaded light grey or white to blend in with the sky when viewed from the ground. Also, considering the size of the valk compared to the size of the toy, I think that a big part of why it looks so bad is that it isn't really scaled right. The camo is aplied in much too broad strokes.... it should have been a 'smaller' fleck camo of sorts to help force the scale of a real valk onto the toy.