Looks cool, so if this film is for real is this actually part 4 or just a reboot of the series? Kinda hard to replace the Original.

It's a continuation. Not sure where it fits in the timeline, but everything I've read says its not a reboot.

What, no football shoulderpad?! :)/>

Look at his right shoulder (not your right).

• 8 months later...

The original script for Mad Max 2 had Goose return as the main bad guy which is why he wore a mask, had guys with the MFP uniforms in his horde, and was desperate for the gas to the point of seizing it by force to maintain law & order.

Well, that'd made a ton of sense, maybe even some converrsation of Goose trying to lure Max into the gang, to create a new form of Law and Order from the chaos.

Ah well, tough luck there.

Gotta see more before I can judge for myself if the movie will look good.....I'm kind of on the fence.

The original script for Mad Max 2 had Goose return as the main bad guy which is why he wore a mask, had guys with the MFP uniforms in his horde, and was desperate for the gas to the point of seizing it by force to maintain law & order.

I kinda like it. No way he'd a found a way to buff up between movies, though...

I have low hopes for this film. As flawed as it was, Thunderdome brought closure to the story of Max Rockatansky [well, kind of]. To try and pick this series up and milk it again, and after so many years at that, is a mistake.

That, and as a fan of the original films, the gearhead in me weeps at the collection of monstrosities they're using for vehicles in this latest installment. From the pictures I've seen, they're practically a parody of the originals.

Edited by reddsun1

There is only one Max.

If it had the flavor of the first, I'd be in. Think about Rambo... First blood was better than Jesus in an MMA fight, and the last one was pretty good also. Not as good as First Blood of course, but I was happy the story had a conclusion.

I want FIFI in it:

http://madmaxcostumes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/mfp15.jpg

If it had the flavor of the first, I'd be in. Think about Rambo... First blood was better than Jesus in an MMA fight, and the last one was pretty good also. Not as good as First Blood of course, but I was happy the story had a conclusion.

I want FIFI in it:

http://madmaxcostumes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/mfp15.jpg

I'm definitely a fan of Tom Hardy, so I have hope for this movie. And I generally agree with you on the Rambo movies, though First Blood just misses the mark for me. It's good, but I think it had the potential to be much more.

HIDEOUS

I concur. The pics weren't viewable in that link; but what I have seen just makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Those "new" designs are so absurd and out of left field as to make me think: this movie's going to end up a tragic farce. One of the aspects I liked so much about the first 2 films was that you could look and tell: those cars were designed by petrolheads, alright.

I've always been willing to concede for the first movies that: because of budget constraints, the mods had to be mockups--they just couldn't afford to make every bauble & gadget on every car functional when filming. But as a petrolhead, I could look at the mods and think: yeah, I can see why somebody'd do this ___ or that ___ to make that car go faster. That just isn't the case with this latest batch of monstrosities. I think George Miller may have "started believing his own bullsh*t," with the seemingly grandiose direction this movie's taking the story in....

Edited by reddsun1

I concur. The pics weren't viewable in that link; but what I have seen just makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Those "new" designs are so absurd and out of left field as to make me think: this movie's going to end up a tragic farce. One of the aspects I liked so much about the first 2 films was that you could look and tell: those cars were designed by petrolheads, alright.

I've always been willing to concede for the first movies that: because of budget constraints, the mods had to be mockups--they just couldn't afford to make every bauble & gadget on every car functional when filming. But as a petrolhead, I could look at the mods and think: yeah, I can see why somebody'd do this ___ or that ___ to make that car go faster. That just isn't the case with this latest batch of monstrosities. I think George Miller may have "started believing his own bullsh*t," with the seemingly grandiose direction this movie's taking the story in....

Asides from being HIDEOUS they don't make sense. A monster truck with speakers? Is that like an homage to Macross 7? Listen to my song, or some stuff?

I get the whole "post-apocalyptic death metal car with just the parts we found" motif, but the new movie is trying too hard. Then again, it's just my take on the designs. My main concern is the story itself and how the actors carry it; like someone mentioned above, I don't want this movie to be a parady, a farce of the originals...

I get the whole "post-apocalyptic death metal car with just the parts we found" motif, but the new movie is trying too hard. Then again, it's just my take on the designs. My main concern is the story itself and how the actors carry it; like someone mentioned above, I don't want this movie to be a parady, a farce of the originals...

Hear, hear. I concur.

• 9 months later...

Robot arm? Really?? What I liked about the originals (even Thunderdome) is that they were set in a world very much like ours, just smashed to bits. The films were post-apocalyptic but not really SF. THIS looks like it is going to be more SF with technology like that. Not impressed.

Label me surprised because apparently this film is getting some positive word of mouth. I'm still not on board yet; too skeptical of all the remakes after so many bad ones. I figure this film will have to produce a fairly substantial impact on the blog-o-sphere before I'll jump aboard. But I will say it is building something. The casting and look of the film are certainly attractive. Even the synopsis sounds interesting. Those who have seen the film are writing that the movie is one long chase. Good chase films are rare, but can be incredibly rewarding when done correctly.

Gotta say, I find Charlize Theron's willingness to subvert her own good looks in many of her best film roles is an admirable trait. I still think that despite her controlled image, she comes across as a borderline intolerable arrogant ass in interviews, in a similar vien to James Cameron. But luckily I don't have to know her, I only need her to perform well in her film roles which she always does, even in bad movies (ex. Snow White and the Huntsman) :)

I dunno. Just overwhelmingly meh as to this one's prospects. But still; if Miller et al put the same amount of effort and attention to details toward telling a truly good story with this film--like they did with the first 2--then it may stand a chance.