What Ever Happened To Shawn And Graham? Does Anyon

med96ben

Guys Graham's got a son remember? He became a father last year. Or was it earlier this year? I forgot. And Shawn has always been busy with work as far as I can remember. Even back in late 2002 when they were unveiling the 1/48 during december on macrossworld, he wasn't posting as much as he had when macrossworld first started a few years before. He posts less and less now, so I assume he probably moved on up to a higher position in work that demands more hours.

Guys, c'mon. I'm in the top 10 posters list and usually post between 5 to 15 posts a day, sometimes more. It's not like I'm a lurker here.

As for running Macrossworld, there have been no updates for the past 3 months or so, because when Shawn changed server, he forgot to give Jesse and me the passswords to the new server, so we couldn't update. I only managed to get in touch with Shawn a couple of weeks ago to get the new passwords. Shawn is a very busy guy now unfortunately. Just be grateful he's still paying the bills for this place.

Jesse and I have updates planned soon, but in case you may not have noticed, it's close to Christmas time, so family stuff takes priority at the moment.

And as Shin mentioned, I have a one and a half year old son, who takes up most of my available free time now.

Graham

Aside from some new Yamato news, there's really not much Macross happening that demands a lot of attention to the website. Sure updates and new stuff is nice, but in the down time such as it is now, I'm just glad we have a place to discuss Macross stuff.

I'm sure that when yamato releases the Garland (if that ever happens :angry: ), Shawn will eventualy show up :lol:

351944[/snapback]

They say it but I ain't holding my breath. I heard he only shows up when a new Macross-series comes out. :p

We lost communications with Shawn somewhere near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.

351779[/snapback]

Best. Answer. Ever.

352031[/snapback]

... And we will NEVER find out what happens.

What ever happened to Shawn and Graham? does anyone run this board??

351777[/snapback]

Ya know Graham... I am a human (well thats really up for debate) who was born without the capicity for guilt. So when you call all of us complainers ungratefull to Shawn for continuing to pay the bill, it has no effect on me. Therefore I am stating the truth here when I say that you guys should really be ashamed of yourselves. This site is a total embarasment to You, Shawn, and the Macross community.

Shawn pops in, and says he needs help, but then never manages to let anyone help. He appoints his buddy to an admin position (Jesse Meyers), who hasn't done a thing.

I am sure you will think that I am just an a-hole for posting this, but keep in mind, we have a n00b here who starts a thread about how this site has no direction. Just think about it.

I hope Shawn and Graham don't take that post personally, but I couldn't blame them if they do.

Personally, I would rather MacrossWorld slide with little or no updates just as long as it continues to serve one very important function...remain online. At the very least, current content remains in place and there will always be a community in which to gather.

On the flip side, should Shawn and Graham decide they've had enough of the complaining and blunt posts from people who don't run/pay for websites telling them how to run their's, they'll simpy close MacrossWorld. A lot of good patronizing them has done at that point.

I hope the best comes out of this kind of posting, but I'm expecting worse given the lack of diplomacy.

I hope the best comes out of this kind of posting, but I'm expecting worse given the lack of diplomacy.

352369[/snapback]

They won't take it personally. They aren't kids. However I sure as hell hope they let more members take part in admin functions.

352369[/snapback]

They won't take it personally. They aren't kids. However I sure as hell hope they let more members take part in admin functions.

352370[/snapback]

you runnin for office govner

352369[/snapback]

352370[/snapback]

you runnin for office govner

352373[/snapback]

Always.

I wonder if the community could offer suggestions for people to be Administrators.  I can think of a few members who post here often and contribute some good stuff who would make fine additions to the staff.

352375[/snapback]

Thanks man, I agree. I WOULD make a fine addition to the staff.

I wonder if the community could offer suggestions for people to be Administrators.  I can think of a few members who post here often and contribute some good stuff who would make fine additions to the staff.

352375[/snapback]

Thanks man, I agree. I WOULD make a fine addition to the staff.

352377[/snapback]

Nah, Governators are on the way out. It's all about the religous fundamentalists now, like the Gibson campaign :)

Nah, Governators are on the way out.  It's all about the religous fundamentalists now, like the Gibson campaign :)

352381[/snapback]

Godmedia for Moderator!!

352384[/snapback]

If he gets appointed, can I challenge him to a deathmatch for the title?

However I sure as hell hope they let more members take part in admin functions.

Theres no faster way to ruin your enjoyment of any hobby than to try to regulate the conflicts of strangers on the Internet. Compared to many places I've seen on the Internet, this place is fairly laid back and open minded.

352405[/snapback]

Thats more Roy's attitude than anything