My 1/48 VF-1A brownie came without a heatshield!

Sephiroth

This is absolutely unacceptable! I finally get my Yamato 1/48 VF-1A brownie from www.toy-wave.com and I was all happy and stuff. As I inspected the quality and began transforming the VF-1A, I noticed, to my utter disbelief, that the factory failed to include the heatshield! That is such total B.S.! God, I am so pissed at Yamato right now. :angry:

I e-mailed Ken to see if he could get me a replacment heatshield, but I'm probably SOL. I don't know else to get a heatshield for my VF-1A. Anyway, you may wanna check to see if your VF-1A didn't come up short as well.

1126064563397_No_heatshied_VF_1A.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

I guess I'll be leaving it in fighter mode until I can get a replacement (if ever). Save for the missing heatshield, I am pretty happy to finally have my own VF-1A Super Valkyrie mass production type. Here's a pic of vintage and new in one shot:

1125627004565_Super_VF_1A.jpg

Edited by Sephiroth

oh shoot that sucks...man...how am I gonna check mine since they all will be delivered to Malaysia...I doubt my bro knows how to transform them....I was the one getting bullied transforming all the previous valks for checking purposses.. :p

Edited by aaajin

Sorry to hear that. Hope Ken will be able to help you out.

For those who are like me where we have no space to put the Valks out but to keep it in the box for the mean time, here's a list of things I normally check when I get my 1/48 to make sure nothing missing. This is just my list, there coulds be other stuff as well, but with these items you don't need to remove it from the box.

1) Heatshiled present (look from bottom)

2) Tow Bar in front wheel (you can see the end of it sticking out slightly from the closed landing doors)

3) Backpack Antenna ( you have to fold the backpack up)

4) Backpack Hook (if missing you will notice a gap)

5) Chicken Hands (once you fold the backpack up you can open the hand compartment)

6) You got one of each arms (some member in the past got two left or two right, so you can check by looking at the screws position - they should be facing outwards)

7) Leg pieces (when you fold the backpack up you can have a look at the inside part of the legs. I remember a member had a small piece missing there before)

8) Gunstrap Rings

Okay I think thats most of it. Can't remember any others.

How the hell am I goona check all of mine? Dammit, Yamato employees and their Friday Afternoon Yoshinol happy hour.....

330777[/snapback]

Now u know what to do for this long weekend.

330778[/snapback]

I'm working by myself at the lab, so I can have the rest of the week of to study.

Actually I might do it on Saturday when the Grand Final is on, not interested in seeing the Eagles or the Swans win. :lol:

Cool photos.

Shame about the heatshield, lord knows these bastards aren't cheap and they ought to come with everything if you're paying that much.

Having said that, I'm more of a 1/55 guy and I love that CF... it appears to be a Takatoku original, not a Bandai. From the pics the condition looks amazing. That is pretty much a work of art. 1/55s forever!!

OMG. this makes me feel like opening up all my MIB valks.

330702[/snapback]

Yeah, no kidding! How bad would it suck to find half your valks are missing stuff?! I may just have to check all mine, too. What a way to waste a few hours.

it sucks that you did not get the heat sheild <_< I hope they can replace it for you. if i get one I will definetly have to check to make sure mine has it.

chris

The suck!  Hope you can get it fixed somehow... but so your misery isn't a total loss and without some amusement value, how about some pics in battroid next to the also-shieldless 1/55?

-Al

330980[/snapback]

Here ya go...

1128188898997_Super_VF_1A_Battroid.jpg

331003[/snapback]

Well hell. I better check the 2 that came to me... Now the other 30 will have to wait till after I move to Atlanta.

Looks kinda cool without a heat shield. I'm inclined to remove the shield from one of my Yammies and see what it looks like.

More a novelty I admit. It is terrible that you CF is missing the shield altogether. It's sad that QC issues like this happen far too often.

It would be good if ther just sold the toy unassembled or sold peices to the valk seperately. (eg hands, backpack hinges, heads) A friend of mine accidently broke a missile and now it is loose when I put it on the attachment.

It would probably reduce costs in shipping and assembling the toy, but it would probably reduce profits.

You DIY and put the thing together and get the satisfaction that you built it. Everytime I look at the manual and see the pieces lying seperately it tempts me to want to take it apart and reassemble the toy for fun. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker