Are Pages Slow to load for you too?

Why is Macross World's forums so slow to load?

Yes my computer is five years old and is on dial up. Up to two to a year and a half ago I could visit Macross World and have over ten topics open to review with no problems. I can still do the same thing at other message boards but once I go to Macross World's forums I have to cut that number by half and things drop down to a crawl. It gets slower when I make a standard reply. Not that many topics I am viewing have a lot of images in them either.

Does anyone else share this problem but with this board specifically?

Sometimes, but not always. It does happen when there is heavy traffic on the board.

BTW, it always happens in the Other Anime and Science Fiction forum if that helps in any way.

I just discovered I posted a blank but quoted post. WTF? I typed stuff in!

Edited by kensei

Seriosuly tho, I don't have any problems... MW is one of the faster forums I peruse...

330305[/snapback]

I second that. MW nearly always blows every other Invision board away where speed is concerned. But, then again, I'm a geek who is always connecting via broadband with a faster computer.

Have a 5 years old computer too.

Still using Windows 98 with broadband connection and MW, as others said, is the fastest message board.

(I'm buying a new computer next month :lol: )

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

normally almost instantaneous but sometimes there are glitches and I get stuck in limbo for a while. Not sure how long "limbo" lasts as I normally do something else till the next day when it's usually fine again. [drink, pass out, sober up and check back, repeat :rolleyes: ]

i just switched from dial-up to broadband a few months ago.i only had trouble here on dial-up when i was viewing an image-intensive thread.i think the last few upgrades we had helped that issue a little by shrinking pics to a thumbnail for you to click.that way, full-size images weren't constanly sucking bandwidth and slowing you down to a crawl when you were hanging here.i would guess that those on dial-up here would see improvements,not more issues after an upgrade :huh: