New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

So are the reissues the ones that have the fixed problems? Do let us  know.

411995[/snapback]

From what I understand, these aren't technically reissues, just the second part of the first production run, so still expect loose knees and elbows.

A proper improved second run with tighter joints should be out later sometime this year I think.

And of course the upcoming VF-0A should have all the improvements

Graham

412006[/snapback]

HLJ have the VF-0S being restock in July. Will those be the reissues or are they also the same first production run? Thanks :)

Any comparison pics of the 1/60 VF-0S Roy pilot and a 1/48 VF-1 pilot?  Like a big Roy vs little Roy? :lol:

411859[/snapback]

I think I'll call him mini-me. :D

411985[/snapback]

:lol: Cool! Thanks Wicked Ace! Man that is pretty cool. Anyone got a Low Vis pilot to compare to the 1/60 VF-0S Roy pilot? Compare the M0 sculpts? :)

Wow, what a difference having lower legs makes!  Thanks for the pic buddhafabio! :)

412127[/snapback]

no problem, it was worth the "what the hell are you doing" from my wife :lol:

412140[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: at least my wife got me the VB-6 Konig for my collection... Anyway, it really shows that Yamato has improved in the detailing on the pilot. Cool stuff man. Just loving it. :p

Edited by ikhii

Isn't that a VF-1 gunpod? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO ROY, MAN?!

(jk) Had to mention that.

You're right, big daddy's gun was in the shop getting detailed.

Hikaru: "Your'e looking a little small today, Sempai. Let me take that big gun off your scrawny little arms."

HikkieRoy.jpg

Roy: "Read the box, baka! My gun's bigger AND it's only 1/60..."

battgun.jpg

battblack.jpg

411649[/snapback]

Hahahaha!

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone get the REISSUED vf-0s???? I want to know if it has all the fixes....no loose or broken parts.

419843[/snapback]

I could be wrong but I think there hasn't been a second production run yet. The new stock is from remainig batches.

A reissue?!  Then I'm glad I held off on getting a VF-0S as much as I can... :)

But I still won't rush to this re-issue, not until I read good reviews and less complaints from buyers...

420003[/snapback]

Same here!

Plus I don't want to end up with a first edition 0S that an online vendor still had lying around.

420005[/snapback]

ehhhhhhhh..... toe-dippers~ :lol::rolleyes:

Life without risks is no life at all~

I have a first edition myself, and it's fine. Comments about the elbows being loose are definitely stretching it as a complaint because it really isn't THAT loose... It looks even better in person, and easily smacks the 1/48 down in build quality.

I know these things aren't cheap... but c'mon, you're gonna wait even AFTER the re-issue for any bad reviews?.... :lol:

As Russell Peters once said, "Be a MANg!"

420009[/snapback]

"Do the right thing!" :p

Your VF-0S will become much looser in the long run anyway. Same as the 1/48s. Luckily there's many fixes that can be made, if they need them at all.

Yes, there is a second production run with according to Yamato, improved tighter knee and elbow swivel joints and a tighter backpack hinge. I just got mine today, but haven't had a chance to take it out of the box yet.

If it's not in stores in Japan and HK yet, it should be any day now.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to tell just from looking at the box whether whether it is a 1st or 2nd run.

I personaly, didn't consider the slightly loose joints on my 1st versions a problem at all. It never affected the toys ability to hold a pose.

Graham

ehhhhhhhh..... toe-dippers~  :lol:  :rolleyes:

Life without risks is no life at all~

I have a first edition myself, and it's fine.  Comments about the elbows being loose are definitely stretching it as a complaint because it really isn't THAT loose... It looks even better in person, and easily smacks the 1/48 down in build quality. 

I know these things aren't cheap... but c'mon, you're gonna wait even AFTER the re-issue for any bad reviews?....  :lol:

420009[/snapback]

LOLz! Actually, I'd be waiting for good reviews! Hehehe! :p

Yeah, these things aren't cheap at all...Spending hard-earned money for this "hobby", I'd at least want to get my money's worth... B))

Yes, there is a second production run with according to Yamato, improved tighter knee and elbow swivel joints and a tighter backpack hinge. I just got mine today, but haven't had a chance to take it out of the box yet.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to tell just from looking at the box whether whether it is a 1st or 2nd run.

I personaly, didn't consider the slightly loose joints on my 1st versions a problem at all. It never affected the toys ability to hold a pose.

Graham

Thanks for the confirmation Graham! Now that's more like it, good to know that Yamato is working on the problems encountered on the 1st run of the VF-0S... :D

Now, I'll just have to trust my friendly neighborhood hobby shop, that what he's gonna sell me is a 2nd issue... ;)

Edited by RYO

Graham, how do you know you version is a 2nd run then? You got this copy from "inside"? :ph34r:

I hope they are not thinking of stripping out the Tampo printing on the reissue like the VF-0S rummor

O___o

Graham

420024[/snapback]

I just got my 1S. I ordered it a long time ago. I love it. I was worried about the reports of broken tail fins tips and the loose elbows/knees, but the tips endured the long trip and the joints are okay, no complains.

All the important markings are tampo printed, except for the front fuselage kite emblems, and the color of the plastic is perfect.

I have a question tho': when transform from fighter, you're supposed to pull out the feet. Is there a lock like on the VF-1? Thanks.

no, no such thing exists in this world.

j/k.

but its the truth, no such thing....er...feature present on the toy.

but if you display your 0S in battroid mode with the lower feet spaced outwards, theyll lock themselves due to friction.

yar mine has no lock either.

as for the other reports, mine came in, in solid condition, tail spikes and all are nice and not looking easy to bust. shoulders are nicely tightened, only problems on mine are the lack of feet locks and the upper arm swivel joint is loose as sin! the gunpods handle doesn't lock up very well and the peg hole to connect it to the back of the arm was to small, arms position in the fighter mode requires me to unlock the legs to put them behind the swing bar into proper position otherwise they hang low and push the legs aside :/

+ i don't like the way they (the arms) lock out in this one, it looks like it'd weaken over time and break real easily compared the the 1/48's style

besides that, this thing is awsome! Dwarfs the 1/48 i have in detail and almost quality :p

course my VF1 is a run 1 1S roy :p so i need to pop it apart and run some quick fixes on the nose and canopy, other than that though mines clean.

Edited by GrimlockCW

I just got mine and opened one. It's a beautiful piece of work to see in person.

But the floppiness I can't get over. The arms by themselves did a complete 180 degree rotation without any input from me. I would be glad to see an edition without any QC prolems.

Anyway there were no breakages in transit. Thank Kawamori for that.