New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

From what I've been told, the color of the leg FAST packs is the same for the VF-0S and VF-0A.

Also, from what I've been told, the second run of VF-0S with tighter joints is already out and was released about 10 days ago.

Graham

424165[/snapback]

Hi, Graham.. Is there anyway to tell that what we got is from the second run without taking the toy out of the box? Might be ordering on-line and won't know what I get until it arrives.

Is it me or is the VF-0S a batty to get back into fighter mode? The hands are not slipping back in properly to the section of the backpack, and also the gunpod keeps on falling out.

426119[/snapback]

Yes, the arms are a pain because they do not seem to lock into any postition between the legs.

Is it me or is the VF-0S a batty to get back into fighter mode? The hands are not slipping back in properly to the section of the backpack, and also the gunpod keeps on falling out.

426119[/snapback]

Yes, the arms are a pain because they do not seem to lock into any postition between the legs.

426123[/snapback]

The arms are supposed to lock into pegs along the insides of the legs (see attached), and then the legs are supposed to, er, "lock" into the backpack with the lower pegs. With everything in place, the hands should fit into the backpack, although they may only cooperate with the wrists twisted in 1 exact position and the fingers folded a certain way.

post-3171-1155917321_thumb.jpg

Quick update to my above post, I bought my VF-0S from Samurai_m not blackaces, sorry. Incredibly fast shipping I recomend Samurai_Monkey.

Just got my VF-0S in the mail. These are my initial thoughts for those of you that are wondering.

I opened it and was impressed immmediately. It simply looks amazing. It came out of the packaging much easier than i remember, any of my 1/48's or 1/60's. But then the disappointment came. If I could choose one word to describe this thing it is, floppy. This is even a second release. The nose, the tailfins, the legs, the everything. I deployed the landing gear which wasn't bad until I got to the nose gear, which I needed a knife to extend. Putting them back in was worse. I much prefer the 1/48 gear. The gunpod doesn't seem to fit right. it immediately went onto my display stand. Not sure when I am going to muster the courage to try and switch modes. I am just disappointed. I much prefer handling my 1/72 VF-11B. Either of them. Maybe I will grow to like this valk. Keep in mind I have never been disappointed by a yammie, not even the Plus Valks, I have never broken a valk either, not even a VF-11B. The VF-0S just doesn't leave me warm and fuzzy inside. I am going to start checking and see if maybe the thing just isn't locked down right, so maybe i will change my mind.

oh well what can you do?

Are there any online transformation guides? I know the ones Graham did for the 1/48's were invaluable. Only way I would attempt the transformation of the 1/48 was after watching that video 3 or 4 times.

I deployed the landing gear which wasn't bad until I got to the nose gear, which I needed a knife to extend.  Putting them back in was worse.  I much prefer the 1/48 gear.

426219[/snapback]

I find the 1/60 VF-0S landing gear much easier to deploy than the 1/48 VF-1 landing gear, especially the front.

On the VF-0S, you can actually pull on the plastic tow-bar to get the landing gear out. Try that on a 1/48 and the tow-bar just comes of in your hands.

Graham

I don't know if I can do that in the long run.

i didnt even know the 2nd versionw as out yet...

I suspect the one I have comign is a first issue. maybe the ol nailpolish trick to tighten the joints?

I have to fiddle.

I seriously suggest that you don't use nail polish for your valks. It melts the ABS plastic. I would suggest taking apart the shoulder joints and applying a blob of wood glue and leave it overnight. That works fine, and you can feel it off and apply it again as many times as you like.

Edited by kensei

Just got back from C3XHobby and they had the YF-19 on display in all three modes.  It was unpainted but even with out the paint all I can say is it was f_ _ king beautiful. The Yamato booth was rather small and was next to CM's booth, CM's had a huge line in the way of Yamato's display case blocking any possible way of taking a good picture. I had asked if I could take a picture but they asked me not to. Yes I did sneak one but if wolfx gets better ones then lets wait for his.

Oh CM's didn't have any of the new Macross Part 4 sets for sale or dislpay so no pictures there either. I did how ever strike up a converstion with one of the guys at the Yamato booth. Super cool guy we talked about for about 30 min, and he told me alot. They have all kinds of cool stuff and in the piple line coming in these next two years. A mountable Ghost for the macross zero 1/60 scale and I can only assume it will come with fast packs, and the 1/60 YF-19 will get a mountable fold unit and I also assume will come with fast packs.

Ive got to run I'll drop more info when I get back. I'll be at wonderfestival on Sunday but he told me they will only have the YF-19 there in fighter mode. Right now there are only four of the unpainted YF-19 produced other than the prototype so the third one will only be shown in one mode while the other three will still be at C3XHobby the rest of the weekend.

426347[/snapback]

Now that the cat is out of the bag on this Ghost Booster, is it going to come with a fully revised VF-0S or is it possible to mount it in it's current form?

Thanks for the tip about the towbar. I didn't pull on it for fear of what happened when i pulled on the 1/48 towbar. I also noticed the thigh??? attachments are very loose. If i even hold it at there the legs pull away from the backpack attachment points. It seems like where the thigh attaches to the jet intakes the parts are worn out or something, or don't fit right, I can see all of the play there. Does anyone else have this problem?

So what do you guys think: should I get vf0S second release, hoping I get an improved one, or wait for the upcoming VF0A?

So tempting eh? Still want to hear from more people who bought a first 0S and buying a second release to see if they can highlight any kind of changes between the two.. (might be that you had your box opened, somebody put thier first release in your box as an exchange and the person who opened the box took the second release for themself and gave you thiers :D Anyway it would help especially for those who buy from ebay type people and want to know if there are any tell tale signs between them so you don't get tricked and know what to look for..)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So what do you guys think: should I get vf0S second release, hoping I get an improved one, or wait for the upcoming VF0A?

So tempting eh? Still want to hear from more people who bought a first 0S and buying a second release to see if they can highlight any kind of changes between the two.. (might be that you had your box opened, somebody put thier first release in your box as an exchange and the person who opened the box took the second release for themself and gave you thiers :D Anyway it would help especially for those who buy from ebay type people and want to know if there are any tell tale signs between them so you don't get tricked and know what to look for..)

426545[/snapback]

You should buy mine :p I fixed mine with wood glue and it works a treat.

All I have to do is work on my battroid to fighter transformations. :(

Now we know that the Ghost is coming I wonder how Yamato will solve the problem of attaching the missile pods on the top of the fuselage?

Also the attached pic shows those conformal tanks, that where supposed to be removed to put the ghost on, still ON the fighter. Will Yamato provide extra tanks with the Ghost package that are able to hold the Ghost and missile pods?

And what about those tail fins that spread out more to make room for the Ghost.

boxart-small.jpg

pic found in model section of the main site (box art for Hasegawa kit)

Now we know that the Ghost is coming I wonder how Yamato will solve the problem of attaching the missile pods on the top of the fuselage?

Also the attached pic shows those conformal tanks, that where supposed to be removed to put the ghost on, still ON the fighter. Will Yamato provide extra tanks with the Ghost package that are able to hold the Ghost and missile pods?

And what about those tail fins that spread out more to make room for the Ghost.

boxart-small.jpg

pic found in model section of the main site (box art for Hasegawa kit)

426630[/snapback]

I think Yamato might just change the width of the Ghost just so that it will fit between the tailfins of the VF-0.

I'm affraid you're right. It's the only way to fit it between the fins.

BTW: Someone mentioned that there was gonna be a problem with how the Ghost stayed attached in battroid mode. I think that the Ghost was never supposed to stay on in battroid mode. The VF-0 never appeared in battroid mode with a Ghost attached in the anime. Also those missile pods on the top would have to be dropped to transform.

BTW: Someone mentioned that there was gonna be a problem with how the Ghost stayed attached in battroid mode. I think that the Ghost was never supposed to stay on in battroid mode. The VF-0 never appeared in battroid mode with a Ghost attached in the anime. Also those missile pods on the top would have to be dropped to transform.

426633[/snapback]

Just because the Ghost was not shown attached to the VF-0 Battroid in the anime doesn't mean it can't happen. All the attachment points can be set only on the backplate.

Wouldn't that require a new backplate for the VF-0?

I think the VF-0 wouldn't be able to remain standing with a heavy Ghost attached. Maybe Yamato could also include some kind of stand to display the VF-0 as if it was in the air in battroid mode. That would be cool.

Wouldn't that require a new backplate for the VF-0?

I think the VF-0 wouldn't be able to remain standing with a heavy Ghost attached. Maybe Yamato could also include some kind of stand to display the VF-0 as if it was in the air in battroid mode. That would be cool.

426642[/snapback]

No new backplate is required. If you look at the rear of the conformal tanks, you will notice that those (just like the forwards havles) are removable. :ph34r:

That means that if the Ghost is attached at those points, the missilepods can't be attached at the same points. I'm really curious how Yamato will solve this problem.

From what I can see in pics I found of Hasegawa models of the Ghost version of the VF-0, the Ghost attaches to the middle of the fighter's back and the missilepods attach to the tanks.

I haven't tried to remove this piece, but if it can be done so, this could be another point for the Ghost attachment.

426654[/snapback]

That would give the Ghost one point of attachment, but the back part of the Ghost also needs an attachment point somewhere between the fins.

edit:

For the VF-0 with Ghost to transform to battroid, it require the Ghost to actually detach from the VF-0 and re-attach once the backpack of the VF-0 is in the right place.

In the anime the Ghost's were autonomous right? I remember seeing some of them taking off from the carrier. And when Shin and Roy used them they were just for added speed on the VF-0 right? Then wouldn't a Ghost be completely useless while the VF-0 is in battroid mode if it stayed attached to the VF-0? Wouldn't it be more logical for the Ghost to detach from the VF-0 while in battroid mode to 'cover its back' flying around the VF-0 shooting down incoming enemies?

Edited by Dante74

quote=nightmareB4macross,Aug 20 2006, 03:05 AM]

426633[/snapback]

Just because the Ghost was not shown attached to the VF-0 Battroid in the anime doesn't mean it can't happen. All the attachment points can be set only on the backplate.

426638[/snapback]

Actually in Episode 5, Chin's VF-0A is seen in battroid mode with the Ghost attached to it's back. So that is possible.

post-451-1156070914_thumb.jpg

As for the attachments of the Missilepods to the CFT's on the wingroots of the VF-0, you notice in the scene where the two VF-0's are prepared for launch, that the missilepods are mounted to the rear halfpart of the CFT. That's the part that is on the back of the battroid. In the same scene which shows Chin's VF-0A in battroid mode with the Ghost attached, you can notice the two wingrootmounted missilepods on the back.

post-451-1156071158_thumb.jpg

For the VF-0 with Ghost to transform to battroid, it require the Ghost to actually detach from the VF-0 and re-attach once the backpack of the VF-0 is in the right place.

It could be possible the backpack doesn't get folded up in battroid mode for the ghost to remain attached. Have a close look at ghostrider110 pic. To me it looks like the backpack/tailfin is still down and not folded up.

That could be the reason why Yamato never put a latch to hold the backpack up like the 1/48 did.

post-865-1156075566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valk-1S

Well, thatsanother issue entirely.

Ill grant u I dont know all the specs on the ghost packs. Hell, I thoughyt those yellow tubes below the pack were some kind of extra gattling gun or fired lots of small missiles or something. But how would the ghost be useless? couldnt it still provide extra thrust in battloid mode?

Well, it seems to me that the battroid can keep itself in the air just fine (from what I've seen in the anime). All the Ghost would do it propell it to speeds the battroid can't handle anyway. Remember a VF can't transform to battroid once it surpasses a certain airspeed.

From what i've heard about the ghost + the VF-0 the ghost became almost just a big booster. They took away the missiles and filled it full of fuel. Also the ghost gave the VF-0 more stability in battroid mode and obviously more speed in fighter mode. I actually hope they release the ghost seperately so I don't have to buy an all new VF-0 just to get a booster(although if they make the full armor parts I will buy a new one).

Edited by dizman

Well, it seems to me that the battroid can keep itself in the air just fine (from what I've seen in the anime). All the Ghost would do it propell it to speeds the battroid can't handle anyway. Remember a VF can't transform to battroid once it surpasses a certain airspeed.

426755[/snapback]

The battroid could probably handle the ghost pack speeds for a time. I mean i wouldnt go crossing the atlantic in that mode, but for short bursts i think it could prove advantageous in combat.

WOO! My 0 arrived

Well, the first one anyway...

But the point is, the plane is here and looks GORGEOUS! I had a moment of panic when i saw the tailfins werent atached, but they snapped back into place straight away, and it probably saved the rear fin thingys anyway

i havent transformed it yet, but im LOVING the fighter mode!

edit: Ok I have transformed it now.

SLIGHT moment of panic. Was changing and suddenly a metal pin fell out. i had a vague memory of some metal pin problems being mentioend here, so got a tad paniced. as it turns out, it was where the chestplate meets the top of the shoulder. How it slid out, I dont know. Its back in now, and all aseems well....

People are rigth about how loose it is, but otherwise I love it :) stunning toy!

Edited by Scream Man