New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

yep, looking at mine now too on top of the shelf with the 1/48 vf-1s...it's starting to look like a chunky monkey next to the 1/60 vf-0s cuz of all those curves.

my only problem is the ball points on the forearms will not fix on the gunpod handle "hole."

i'm getting the vf-0a...and definitely the yf-19 etc.

now i'm thinking about getting 1/60 scales...

now i'm thinking about getting 1/60 scales...

423130[/snapback]

Me too. When I started collecting I decided to just stick with the 1/48's, but I'm thinking I might need to get at least one 1/60 vf-1 to compare the size to the VF-0 an 19 in the right scale.

I got mine over the weekend and I have to say this is clearly my favorite valk so far until the YF-19 rolls around.

I do have one issue with it. Fighter mode suffers from a floppy belly well to be precise the flopiness is due to the sheild canopy's non-rigidness to be secure against the front lip of the air brake assembly.

I have to rig it in a way where I used bits of twist tie plastic coating that I wedged against the front rim of the airframe from which the airbrake are located.

The result is much more dramatic look where the nose has a hot rod stance and the gun pod has a far better clearence off the ground than compared if it wasn't doctored.

So overall good but not perfect because of that one pesky issue of belly flop. If Yamato releases the VF-0A with the canopy lenghtened to fit rigidly against the front frame of the air brakes the it's solid gold in my book.

I give a B+ in fighter mode

an A- in gerwalk ( the legs where a lil' loose to securely give it the A stance pose)

A+ in battroid (looks devilishly good from all angles, best battroid ever!)

423088[/snapback]

I forget who brought it up, maybe ghostryder, but if you apply some nail polish to the pegs on the legs and on the arms, the whole thing locks up nicely in fighter mode and does not suffer from the floppy belly syndrome.

I forget who brought it up, maybe ghostryder, but if you apply some nail polish to the pegs on the legs and on the arms, the whole thing locks up nicely in fighter mode and does not suffer from the floppy belly syndrome.

Sorry, wasn't me. I put epoxy on the leg pegs that lock into the backpack. That kep the legs from popping off in fighter mode and made the rear section very secure, but the whole nose section in front of the airbrake was still not very secure and the fighter would strike a Toynami Alpha pose (belly dip) when resting on the landing gear.

This problem could be alleviated if the hexagonal pegs above the intakes that attached to the bottom of the gray metal LERX section actually locked.

Edited by ghostryder

I'm starting to think to go against the nail polish thing. It only works temporarily anyway, and also it actually melts the plastic as per ghostryder's list in the customising section.

I think PVA glue would work better. Dries clear and you can peel it off. If you want to remove it gently you soak the part with the glue in water for a few hours and it turns into glue again and you can wipe it off.

Edited by kensei

I finally opened up the forearm. Man that was a royal batty of a process. And you know what was the kicker? I didn't need to. :angry:

To fix the loose elbow, just aim to pry the white cylindrical thing that envelops the biceps of the arm. It splits in two and is glued. There you will find a screw. Open it up, put some wood glue in and you're set.

I wish I didn't ahve to open the legs, cause they won't hold now without glue. What glue do you guys recommend to keep it together?

Well I gave in to temptation... :ph34r:

I've just ordered a VF-0S. I've ordered some other stuff along with the VF-0A and that'll probably arrive somewhere during october. I just couldn't wait that long to get a VF-0 in my hands.

I'm so excited!!!

I hope HLJ processes my order a little faster this time.

I plan to display it in Gerwalk or fighter mode, so the arm being too loose shouldn't be too much of a problem...I hope. :unsure:

Well I gave in to temptation... :ph34r:

I've just ordered a VF-0S. I've ordered some other stuff along with the VF-0A and that'll probably arrive somewhere during october. I just couldn't wait that long to get a VF-0 in my hands.

I'm so excited!!!

I hope HLJ processes my order a little faster this time.

I plan to display it in Gerwalk or fighter mode, so the arm being too loose shouldn't be too much of a problem...I hope. :unsure:

423559[/snapback]

That's the spirit~ :D

The looser-than-1/48 elbows are a non-issue in fighter.

Actually it's a non-issue until you make it hold the gunpod. Even so, it really doesn't take too much to make it stay.

hmm i have a problem..

should i go with this 0s or wait for the 0a or just get a 1/48 scale i cant decide which would be best since they seem to be the same price

i kinda am leaning towars a vf-0 since i have a 1/60 valk already

Fuzzy

May be a little bit out of topic... but I was just wondering if the color of the leg armour of the VF-0s will be similar to the color of the leg armour of the VF-0A?

Or will they be different? can somebody tell from the pics of the VF-0A if the leg armour's the same color of the VF-0S or diff?

Cool. Anyone out there know of sellers who have stock of them? Damn all pics of it are tempting. Eventually I need at least 2 roy: 1 for fighter because it looks so good in that mode, and another for battroid when or if the Reactive armor is made for it. (going to have to be a stiff joint one)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

sweet :) cant wait to get my 0S! Neova said it should arrive to him in August sometime, so heres hoping.

I wish i could afford to just get one or more of each type of 0 and 1...but these guys are so expensive! I cant figure out how some of u can have more than 3 or 4!

Here's is my thing: if the valk needs to be displayed with different weapons loadout it is less annoying in the long run to have 1 of each.

1 for gbp/armor

1 for naked (armed with atmospheric missiles and all or just no missiles with wings swept back for high speed)

1 super (strike pack, super pack or ghost booster) and usually loaded with weapons for space and with thrusters for better manueverbility there.

+ any head turret variation. (in the case of zero the wings for 0D) Variety adds more visual appeal to your display. It's why I bought CF 1As to look good near the anime colored valks and balance the overly bright ace pilot colors to give a sense there is more than just the main characters who fly them.

+ any cool repaint. (ie stealth or low vis) Usually for realism or just because it is cool to have a special ops mecha. :D Also sometimes mecha look better when they appear to blend in with scenary and not attract attention regardless. There is also a psycological reason: A black vf22 imo has a more menacing appearance than a brightly colored one. Green Qrau looks cooler than a red qrau, from the point of view that these are armored machines of death. The red might look cool if you consider them more than a machine but a thing of beauty: like some flashy sportscar. That might be why some like the anime colors. (ie max/milia vf1 super valks for example.) Depends on your point of view. But you got to have at least 1 dull (low vis) or flashy (high vis) version of the model.

Although not all can afford multiples: I at least try to get stuff that will look different if you wanted to display them all at once. (I have no interest in buying multiples otherwise) You won't see my put 2 max 1A just standing there with the same thing. Rather I go for a display where you might have a team leader and/or squad leader, standing near a few grunt CF for a complete scene. Think of the start of macross when the different regults with different weapons (scout regult, naked regult, ones with heavy weapons and missiles, plus a glaug to lead them) were all working together: that's kind of why I buy these. I want at least a good cross section of the different ones.

Also why I want my VF-1D! :D 1/48 deserve more than just single seaters.

Stop torturing yourselves? take this !! my final blow to you infidels who dont appreciate the beauty of this beast !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/aajin/os1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/aajin/os2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/aajin/os3.jpg

to me OA look a lil bit toy-ish. or maybe its because the proto pictures dont have the tampoo markings yet? if it remains that way, then the OS is wayy better.....if only I can urge myself to clip that long rabbit ears...UGHH

just kiddin.

anyway, see why I call it a beauty?

422276[/snapback]

No kidding. That's really awesome.

Edited by areaseven

I have 4 vf-1's in 1/48: the low viz in fighter mode, the Max and Millia 1Js in GEREALK with their FAST packs, and a 1S in Battloid I'll soon have FAST packs for. i had a Hikaru 1A but traded it.

those 4 toys cost me $1155 Australian. That doesnt take into accounr the yF-21 I traded or the 6 1/60 VF-1s i traded away. I also have a 1/72 11b with FATS packs and a 1/60 1D. So on my desk at home sits about $1500 aussie worth of toys.

And Macross is just ONE line i collect.

So, yeah, buying multiples of 1 thing just for having it in different modes is a tad tricky for me ;)

Exactly: if you collect other lines how can you then say to the macross fans: where do you get all this money from?

Err.... That is like me saying to a transformers person: where do you get all that money to get so many masterpiece primes or SS? :)

I mean if I were you I probably wouldn't have money to afford it. But I can live with just alternators/MP/macross and the occasional revoltech figure.

I only want the best rendition of something and if I don't like something I get rid of it. Why hoard stuff when you can make space for the best?

Also it is possible to make sacrifices in other hobbies. So there is no excuse imo. I buy dvd's and games and what not and can cut spending there and look for bargains or trade with others over paying full price. (these are ways you can save and avoid waste.)

The main thing about valks is the boxes are big so you end up eating the cost in shipping rather than the toy. So that's my complaint. Smaller but stronger boxes would be better for all and allow the fan to use whatever saving there on more of the toy than the shipping. If there was competition and I was a company that made 1/48 valks, the first thing I would do is make more compact box and get into a price war against yamato. But its the HG issue. So long as we are forced to import, and so long as yamato can only cater to japan, there isn't much you can do.

Its more the cost per toy that IO find startling.

I collect TFs as well, and bought my masterpiece prime and all. But for the price of one Valk, I could buy 3 MP Primes. :)

I could buy 3 waves of Marvel Legends

i could buy....well, almost one of every GI Joe Sigma 6 toy released.

I wasnt having a go at anyone! Heck, if i could afford it Id have a squadron of VF-1s, and start a vf-0 one as well! But i see some people who have like, 20 or 30 (Or more!) and it just boggles my mind!

I'm not one of them: I plan my purchases one at a time and think in the long term. (that's why I am saving for macross plus stuff now) Its not a numbers game for me.

For those with valks in the three digits....I don't know where you get the space to stock that many. They are just well off?

2 digits: maybe not such a big deal. There is lot of variations in the tv series. If all you collect are 1/48 and nothing else, I doubt this is a hard goal to attain.

I have an upper limit on what I would buy. For example the 1/60 monster that was being made but not released? No way! :D

I don't collect gundam perfect grade kits, transformers (apart from the occasional alt which are cheap), star wars or any other masterpiece-grade stuff. Just macross. (and only recently into it, I missed the boat on the 1/60 line)

See the thing with me is this: I'm not really a typical "toy collector". Just a fan of macross.

After 20 years of not following the market, I just stumbled upon these and it was like water in a desert. I really don't care if I have to pay a high price for it, so long as it meets a minimum standard of quality. I won't be buying every single VF1 toy that was ever made. The minute a better version of the vf1 toy comes out, I have no probs selling what I got to get the upgrade to clear space for the new.

But for some people, there was a long drought of nothing for macross. Maybe this is how they justify the price?

It's a 20 year old series, people were paying huge money for average looking 80s toys, ($1000 for a chunky munkey?) and the 1/48 is a welcome sight during the time of "the drought". Given the age of the series, how little attention it gets, they are just grateful that there are toys to begin with. "Beggars can't be choosers" situation. (like all the robotech fans who still linger on to the hope of a PT beta :D)

I think for a lot of "fans" the word "overpriced" may not even exist to them. A man starving in the desert will pay a huge price for water since it is highly sought after, and the only thing that matters to them for the immediatey time. Now for transformers and gundam: this isn't "water" in a desert. It is very easy to find and therefore common.

From what I've been told, the color of the leg FAST packs is the same for the VF-0S and VF-0A.

Also, from what I've been told, the second run of VF-0S with tighter joints is already out and was released about 10 days ago.

Graham

424165[/snapback]

That's great news! I might get a second issue VF-0s then. :rolleyes:

whew that means i can get the second release of the vf-0s instead of getting the vf-0a for the tighter joints

THANK YOU YAMATO

Fuzzy

(must continue to save money*twitch*)

Edit*spelling

Edited by Fuzzball

Claps for the releases... but I DEFINITELY will not pay a huge price for any of the Yammies as others have mentioned. These are toys come on they are not essential to our survival in any sense. I am happy any company is releasing Yammies but I will buy some if and whenever I have excess funds, otherwise I can wait nearly everything has been reissued. Btw, I like my 0S. :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

but I DEFINITELY will not pay a huge price for any of the Yammies as others have mentioned.

But just buying one says to them you will pay a huge price. (because they are pretty expensive co,pared to other toys as it is) No different from those who bought toynami MP at thier "normal" price when they first got released. That's what the fan and collector market is about really.

Make a small number of the item. Hope someone (diehard fan or collector) will pay that amount for the item. Wait until enough have sold. Then reissue the ones that are most in demand. (thus all the roy reissues)

Even if the toy isn't all that great, so long as it is the only thing out there, people will pay what something is worth to them personally. Take the macross plus toys that were going for 1/48 prices for an example. Imagine if that was say, the vf-4 or a vf-2ss and there was no indication for a long time there would ever be a release of it: I think fans would be prepared to eat whatever price the seller set under the right conditions.

So if vf-4 was really hard to get, and the fan community knew they can't all have it due to limited number: that's when money ceases to become as important than the hobby and the prices for it start to become less an issue for them. This is just an example. Something genuinely a pain in the ass to find, will understandably be worth it personally more to the fan who searched far and wide for it. So I used the "water in a desert analogy". Not because we eat it or drink it. (yes these are luxury items that humans do not need for survival) But to say: "this is hard to find" (like water in a desert)

It's all easy for you to say "I will not pay a high price for something" now, because for sure we are living in a golden age of macross toys, but I bet that attitude would change if it were a different time. (say when it was really hard to get anything)

As an example when I bought the Qrau I knew I was going to eat the cost and felt it was kind of overpriced on first release, but because it was my fave enemy mecha I had hoped to support it so I still ended up getting it out of fan "duty" for other types of unpopular mecha. This is the mentality behind fans and collector. You sometimes will buy stuff more than what it is worth to others, to have something that is personally valueable to you. Money isn't the issue in those extreme instances when you have limited choice or are impatient or eager to have something now.

I know people who can't stand selling old items because to them it is like "work", so what they do is trade in all thier old games or pawn thier items for very little value. These people are wasting so much money just for a little convenience instead of getting the right value for things they no longer want. To them, it might seem like "junk", so they can say to themself: "this is worthless to me personally so I don't mind selling it cheap". Now I reason: The same logic can also apply in the other direction: a fan might really really value an item much more than it is really worth for varying reasons. Some of the reasons might be:

-It takes a lot of work to find the item so they eat the cost to buy it at a higher than normal price

-the item is the only thing they need to complete the collection

-valuable to them personally

-maybe they are scared if they don't buy it now, it will just keep rising and rising when interest in the line wanes over time and goes out of print, never reissued, or is too unpopular that it would be risk to make such a thing again

Just the opposite to the guy selling the "junk" at the garage sale who has no more love for the old things he has bought and cluttered up his house with. (but which might be ultra hard to find to the diehard scavenger who has looked all over for it and desperate to get, due to all the "work" in finding it)

I just ordered my VF-0S from Blackaces. Can't wait till it gets here. By the way I remeber back when the Macross plus were being released everyone thought they were the best. Same thing happened when the 1/60's came out.

But just buying one says to them you will pay a huge price. (because they are pretty expensive co,pared to other toys as it is) No different from those who bought toynami MP at thier "normal" price when they first got released. That's what the fan and collector market is about really.

** Actually just b/c I bought one or even a couple does not mean I will pay a huge price. Like others I spend as little as possible and usually only buy a few at a time. I only buy one or two toys within an average four month period and it happens to be a 1/48 or 1/60. What I spend is considerably LESS compared to many others who buy a crapload of other items in addition to Yamato Macross toys like: comics, dvds, games, posters, guns, other toys, etc.**

So if vf-4 was really hard to get, and the fan community knew they can't all  have it due to limited number: that's when money ceases to become as important than the hobby and the  prices for it start to become less an issue for them. This is just an example. Something genuinely a pain in the ass to find, will understandably be worth it personally more to the fan who searched far and wide for it. So I used the "water in a desert analogy". Not because we eat it or drink it. (yes these are luxury items that humans do not need for survival)  But to say: "this is hard to find" (like water in a desert)

Perhaps but thankfully this sure as hell does not apply to me; I do not care if something is rare... if I do not find a desired toy within a reasonable time period I move on and eventually forget about it! Part of what makes your rationale flawed is b/c it mainly applies to completist collectors and not the ones who pick up one or two when they can AFFORD it. Not everyone has to collect them all, for those that do more power to you, but not all of us want to.

It's all easy for you to say "I will not pay a high price for something" now, because for sure we are living in a golden age of macross toys, but I bet that attitude would change if it were a different time. (say when it was really hard to get anything)

:rolleyes: Gods... prior to the current flood of Macross toys I did not buy ANY Macross toys either b/c  none interested me or I was not willing to pay the ridiculous prices, so I do not know WTF you are talking about.  <_<  I do not know about you, but I buy within reason regardless of something is rare, high in demand, the golden age or a fracking famine. From the time the original 1/55s came out until the 1/48s were issued I did not buy any Macross toys and THAT was the drought period! My attitude regarding collecting toys remains consistent with my overall spending practices well over 20 years ago until now. So what if a highly desired toy is overpriced, it sure as hell does not mean anyone has to buy it! Look at YJP there is a damn MIB Elintseeker still going for 85,000 yen... I highly doubt it will sell but hey, it has only been up there for over six months. Last I checked there are few MIB 1/55 Elints available, so maybe some fan will think it is their duty to buy it immediately. Everywhere you look on evilbay there are overpriced items, but that does not mean the fans are not supporting the companies or the products just b/c they don't buy these overpriced items. Most people have a limit on what they spend, some break it and others do not even care and will pay more just to get it... but again, these type of collectors are in the minority.

As an example when I bought the Qrau I knew I was going to eat the cost and felt it was kind of overpriced on first release, but because it was my fave enemy mecha I had hoped to support it so I still ended up getting it out of fan "duty" for other types of unpopular mecha. This is the mentality behind fans and collector. You sometimes will buy stuff more than what it is worth to others, to have something that is personally valueable to you. Money isn't the issue in those extreme instances when you have limited choice or are impatient or eager to have something now.

Well hopefully since then you have learned to understand and appreciate that patience is a virtue and it isn't always prudent to rush out and pay more for something that realistically WILL become reissued. I prefer not to rush out and support anything popular like I use to do years ago when I originally signed up for the fan dvd petitions for Macross, KOR, UY, MI, etc to "support" and get domestic releases. That was the last time I rushed to get something b/c I had to have it and I felt the need to help out and support something out of fan "duty". IMO there is NO f*cking difference in supporting something that is the second, third release versus the first release; as a patron you are still buying the products. Just b/c you buy it first and possibly paid more for it, does not make you more or any less of a fan or supporter of a company and its respective products than someone who does not.  :lol: And come on "money isn't the issue those extreme instances..." what a load of bull, money is ALWAYS an issue in life and in collecting.  How many people can actually say money is a non-issue when it comes to buying something or when bidding on an auction and mean it? Each of us ALWAYS have a fracking choice to buy something, if you bought it and spent too much that was your choice, no one forced you. Again, the key as you pointed out is often "...impatien[ce] or eager[ness] to have something now." and that IS something you have complete control over.

424645[/snapback]

From what I've been told, the color of the leg FAST packs is the same for the VF-0S and VF-0A.

Also, from what I've been told, the second run of VF-0S with tighter joints is already out and was released about 10 days ago.

Graham

424165[/snapback]

Might I ask are there are any significant changes (besides the joints) between the original release and the second run? And where might I go about getting one of the second run versions?

Actually just b/c I bought one or even a couple does not mean I will pay a huge price. Like others I spend as little as possible and usually only buy a few at a time. I only buy one or two toys within an average four month period and it happens to be a 1/48 or 1/60. What I spend is considerably LESS compared to many others who buy a crapload of other items in addition to Yamato Macross toys like: comics, dvds, games, posters, guns, other toys, etc.

ok I think our definition of huge varies depending on how much each person thinks a product goes from being worth it, to being "overpriced". There was a poster saying that such and such is overpriced and comparing it with other transforming toys and implying that the 1/48 are overpriced, so "how do you afford to buy them?" The logic is that if they can buy similar toys (like masterpiece grade stuff) at cheaper price (about 1 third) then "what makes these 1/48 one so much more expensive and special? Where do people get thier cash from to afford this stuff? Aren't you just denying that you are getting ass-reamed?"

My explanation is that people who own so many are not the average fan.

But I reason that if you bought even 1 1/48, you are saying that "I can afford it. I will pay it. And as a fan of it, I will pay the price for one. Because I bought one, this shows the company I think it is worth leaving the price that high and it becomes a standard for how much they should sell for". (as opposed to someone who boycotts something completely choosing to not buy it at all. Unless the price is reduced, like what happened with the toynami mpc. When you bought one at the standard price they go for, you paid it at what this poster was saying was "overpriced")

Now I agree with you about the collectors who do buy huge amounts at a time, (in the triple digits) and that these are the minority and that you aren't like them. Just saying that a fan that has put lots of money into the hobby (like $1500) is no different from say, a person who decided he wants to upgrade his computer, home theatre system, car, whatever... to pay for the toys because this is his passion. To them buying a macross toy (which happens to be more expensive than other transforming toys of its level of complexity and quality) is no different from people who pour huge amounts of money into other expensive hobbies.

I think with the flood of yamato releases, it has caused some outsiders to think that everyone buy these things as an "impulse purchase" like you would collect normal action figures. "Ok I will buy a stick of chewing gum at the store, cigarettes and beer, some spare batteries and....ooooo that valk looks nice, I might get a case of these as well". :D

This is not true as (I'm speaking only for myself here) it is still possible to have a good collection (in double digits) if you had saved up for over a long period instead of dumping a huge wad of cash in a lump sum in a small space of time. The fan is as likely to do that as they would with any other expensive hobby so to me it isn't unusual. (whether they realise they are paying a *HUGE price or not.)

*The definition of huge varies that's why I hate having this argument. (what's a lot of money to some is spare change to others) For me "HUGE" = paying $1000 for a chunky munkey out of fear there was no other alternative and that you wanted one badly enough to pay for it. (and not because you were rich, and that $1000 was nothing to you, but more because you wanted it and couldn't find it cheaper. Macross toys may have been harder to find for some in the past and they really wouldn't mind paying more than what it is actually worth to avoid the hassle of searching for years)

I'm not singling you out, just offering an explanation as to why someone would actually do it: that is, fork over $1000 for a toy that is not "worth" that much. (they did not buy huge amounts of the toy. The single toy cost a huge amount) Fans may create thier own percieved value of what something is worth that differs from the masses. But the golden rule for me is that "people pay what they believe it is worth to them personally". I don't want to criticise sellers who say:"Make me an offer" any more than sellers who price match to the lowest that is available because those sellers who say "make me an offer" might be perfectly justified in forcing the price of the item up that they are selling out of the typical price range of the average buyer and wants to make some money from it. The average buyer might cry: "That is overpriced you rip off merchant!" but if the buyer who paid that amount was perfectly comfortable to pay it, you can't say the seller is "an idiot", "stupid" or ripping average buyers off. Maybe he was not aiming for the average buyer to begin with? Which is where I come to the conclusion that "people pay what something is worth to them personally" regardless of if it really is a rip off price to an outsider. (ie an outsider looking at them as hunks of plastic no different from other hunks of plastic in other toy lines)

A fan might know it is overpriced (early adopters buy imported game systems at massive cost to thier pocket just to avoid massive delay in having one for exmaple) but to them to have the convenience topersonally own that thing when they want it, (no waiting 5 years or 6 months or whatever for prices to drop) outweighs the cost to have it. ($1000 is a lot of money. But this is offset by "personal fan worth" to own that thing which varies from person to person)

Low vis I is a perfect example. It was "normal cost" when released. (what it was actually worth to normal people, not fan or collector) It shot up in value due to being rare. And now people who can't get the LV I (who are NOT collectors) may be forced to pay a huge amount if they want it that badly, and not for "completist" reasons, but more that they just like it alot. (similar to graham saying that chunky munkey used to cost in the $1000 at one point, and being ridulous amount to noobs like myself)

Might I ask are there are any significant changes (besides the joints) between the original release and the second run? And where might I go about getting one of the second run versions?

Yeah. I hope neova gives us an update on this.

see here: http://www.geocities.com/valken_exs/

I want to get a 0S with stiffer joints. (assuming the changes have been made to be noticable enough) But I also want to hold off on a purchase until I hear from people who bought one to say: "yeah there is a significant difference to make a distinction between the old and newer ones and the swivel joints are at 1/48 levels of goodness."