New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Well, it has its good sides and bad. In a way whether ugly or not, it was still part of the movie, so that's why i'm asking whether Yamato will make this one day as part of the Macross Zero collection.

It actually remindes me of the SU-27 Russian fighter, while the VF-0S reminds me of the F-22 raptor, just looking at the nose has similarities to it. The design has stealth features especially the angular canopy and the nose not being round but a bit flattened to avoid radar detection. really cool.

Just a thought..

snooze

Edited by snooze

Well, it has its good sides and bad. In a way whether ugly or not, it was still part of the movie, so that's why i'm asking whether Yamato will make this one day as part of the Macross Zero collection.

snooze

358906[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the design, however I still regard it as one of those objects that are equally beautiful as they are repulsive. I feel the same way about the "Alien" for example..

To keep this thread entertaining let's all look back at what COULD have been.

What IF the 1/100 made it into production? th_8b777_post_4_1096102956.jpg

358910[/snapback]

Beauty is in the eye of ...........................you get my point.

Would have been a cool 1/100.

Nobody knows yet whether the SV-51 will make it into production as a Yamato toy.

I'd guess the chances are fairly good, as long as Yamato gets good sales of the 1/60 VF-0 toys first.

If the VF-0 fails to sell well, it's unlikely IMO that they would release an SV-51.

So boys and girls, you all know what you have to do if you want to see an SV-51 toy from Yamato...................buy a whole sh*t load of VF-0 toys first. :D

Personally, I'd love an SV-51 and would buy multiples of the Nora, Ivanov and Cannon-Fodder color schemes.

Graham

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the design, however I still regard it as one of those objects that are equally beautiful as they are repulsive.  I feel the same way about the "Alien" for example..

358913[/snapback]

yeah...i know, you nailed that description on that one. it's got that claw exhaust...dang it looks ferocious. On the movie though, it really was ferocious as it out-performed the VF-0S...Roy being a veteran pilot still couldn't beat the capabilites of this valkyrie. Extending head and zooming capabilities, full-stealth features I tell ya...

here's the nora type and vf-0s. I think it's hasegawa model kit.

snooze

post-3177-1136887530_thumb.jpg

post-3177-1136887624_thumb.jpg

Edited by snooze

Nobody knows yet whether the SV-51 will make it into production as a Yamato toy.

I'd guess the chances are fairly good, as long as Yamato gets good sales of the 1/60 VF-0 toys first.

If the VF-0 fails to sell well, it's unlikely IMO that they would release an SV-51.

So boys and girls, you all know what you have to do if you want to see an SV-51 toy from Yamato...................buy a whole sh*t load of VF-0 toys first. :D

Personally, I'd love an SV-51 and would buy multiples of the Nora, Ivanov and Cannon-Fodder color schemes.

Graham

358918[/snapback]

Before we see SV-51, we have to buy sh*t load of VF-0A and VF-0D first.

Yamato will not satisfy with just release a VF-0S using this mold.

Graham

358918[/snapback]

Before we see SV-51, we have to buy sh*t load of VF-0A and VF-0D first.

Yamato will not satisfy with just release a VF-0S using this mold.

358928[/snapback]

I bet if the prices were lower people would consider buying more... what do you all think? :p

Funny, I thought the overall profile of the VF-0S was more inspired by the Su-27 (sans swing wings), while the SV-51 was more like an F/A-18. The stealth features of both mask the similarities.

If Yamato makes only 2 M0 mecha, I'd think it would be the zero and the SV-51, assuming the SV-51 can be made without being uber-fragile. I'm not sure if it's really that easy to adapt the VF-0S mold to make a -0D.

It actually remindes me of the SU-27 Russian fighter, while the VF-0S reminds me of the F-22 raptor, just looking at the nose has similarities to it. The design has stealth features especially the angular canopy and the nose not being round but a bit flattened to avoid radar detection. really cool.

Just a thought..

snooze

358906[/snapback]

Funny, I thought the overall profile of the VF-0S was more inspired by the Su-27 (sans swing wings), while the SV-51 was more like an F/A-18. The stealth features of both mask the similarities.

If Yamato makes only 2 M0 mecha, I'd think it would be the zero and the SV-51, assuming the SV-51 can be made without being uber-fragile. I'm not sure if it's really that easy to adapt the VF-0S mold to make a -0D.

Just a thought..

snooze

358906[/snapback]

358973[/snapback]

not really, here are pictures of an f-22 and an su-27, and as you can tell on the SU-27, the nose and the landing gear is very similar to the sv-51 while the nose on the vf-0s has similarities with the f-22. If you have your macross zero dvd box, there's a picture of the vf-0s a front shot and you can see that it looks like the f-22.

post-3177-1136922757_thumb.jpg

post-3177-1136922771_thumb.jpg

Just a thought..

snooze

358906[/snapback]

358973[/snapback]

not really, here are pictures of an f-22 and an su-27, and as you can tell on the SU-27, the nose and the landing gear is very similar to the sv-51 while the nose on the vf-0s has similarities with the f-22. If you have your macross zero dvd box, there's a picture of the vf-0s a front shot and you can see that it looks like the f-22.

359018[/snapback]

You're right, I forgot about that DVD cover. Still, I get a definite hornet vibe from the SV-51, and a flanker vibe from the VF-0. Safe to say both Mac0 fighters pulled elements from more than 1 real-life fighters.

Just doing my part keep thread annoyingly alive with no new VF-0 pics.

post-3171-1136925143_thumb.jpg

post-3171-1136925467_thumb.jpg

post-3171-1136925479.jpg

post-3171-1136925490.gif

Graham

358918[/snapback]

you know me Graham... I am buying 4 of these. I am doing my part. I am sure Kensei will as well.

yes, if it was $100, I'd buy 3, one for each mode. if it's $125-$150, I'd only buy one.

358978[/snapback]

Well, from what I've seen and heard, it's definitely more expensive than the 1/48s.

359024[/snapback]

And therein exists the problem IMO. If the price is right people will buy more multiples, if it is too expensive they will be much more reluctant. Just my two cents. :ph34r:

I'm gonna have a BIG problem if this thing is $150+ like I'm pretty sure it's going to be. First, it's not going to fit in with any display since it's it's own beast and has no toys out from the same family. Second, it's a pretty ugly bird from a series that wasn't really long enough to captivate. When Macross is over you feel an attachment to the characters and their mechs... that's part of what drives collecting. I don't even remember the pilot's name from Mac0. Third, new toys and toy lines always have problems. It's a lot like buying a car in its first model year... usually it's just not a good idea (unless you're a super collector who loves flaws).

All that being said, I'll probably buy one... but I'm gonna do the same thing I'm doing with the GBP. I'll set a price for myself and wait until I can snipe it on eBay for that amount or wait until some seller realizes they're stuck with a few they can't unload and hack the price way down. I do this to show support for the toy company making the product while showing disillusionment for their pricing model.

my 2 cents:

I ordered one. I may get more if they release armors for it to wear.

I hope they continue the line, because I am looking forward to owning a Shin VF0D, and one of each of the SV-71.

I hope this line does well as it may inspire them to make a 1/60 macross plus line.

I'm gonna have a BIG problem if this thing is $150+ like I'm pretty sure it's going to be. 

All that being said, I'll probably buy one... but I'm gonna do the same thing I'm doing with the GBP.  I'll set a price for myself and wait until I can snipe it on eBay for that amount or wait until some seller realizes they're stuck with a few they can't unload and hack the price way down.  I do this to show support for the toy company making the product while showing disillusionment for their pricing model.

359145[/snapback]

I agree jenius! If this puppy is close to $150 I will be seriously irked. I agree that there is no real attachment to this particular mecha, even Roys. :( I have complete disillusionment for Yamatos pricing model AND their idiotic use of packing! :rolleyes:

Why all this talk about IF it's gonna be $150? Hasn't it been on preorder at several places at $150+ already, or are they gonna adjust the price when it is released?

I think it's a good looking toy, but agree that I'd only lay down that much cash if I was a big Mac0 fan or wanted to complete a Focker shrine - and even if I was, I'd appreciate a toy closer to line art.

I'm gonna have a BIG problem if this thing is $150+ like I'm pretty sure it's going to be. 

All that being said, I'll probably buy one... but I'm gonna do the same thing I'm doing with the GBP.  I'll set a price for myself and wait until I can snipe it on eBay for that amount or wait until some seller realizes they're stuck with a few they can't unload and hack the price way down.  I do this to show support for the toy company making the product while showing disillusionment for their pricing model.

359145[/snapback]

I agree jenius! If this puppy is close to $150 I will be seriously irked. I agree that there is no real attachment to this particular mecha, even Roys. :( I have complete disillusionment for Yamatos pricing model AND their idiotic use of packing! :rolleyes:

359282[/snapback]

Not all places have created orders for these yet, so many of us are waiting and playing the savvy consumer game. No point in paying more for a expensive toy. I doubt they'd "adjust" their prices, if anything, it is up to us to find places offering it cheaper and/or do what jenius suggested once the stock stops moving. Personally, I doubt these will sell as well as the 1/48s; M0 just wasn't as well received in JP and in the US.

Why all this talk about IF it's gonna be $150? Hasn't it been on preorder at several places at $150+ already, or are they gonna adjust the price when it is released?

I think it's a good looking toy, but agree that I'd only lay down that much cash if I was a big Mac0 fan or wanted to complete a Focker shrine - and even if I was, I'd appreciate a toy closer to line art.

359145[/snapback]

359282[/snapback]

359286[/snapback]

you know me Graham... I am buying 4 of these.  I am doing my part.  I am sure Kensei will as well.

359083[/snapback]

Only 4!

You are slipping. Better make it 12. :lol::lol::lol:

Graham

359132[/snapback]

Hey now. I will soon have 92 1/48s. Money needs to go elsewhere. Why do I need a fleet of VF-0s when I have an advanced fighter like the VF-1? And yes when you are trying to save money for a house, it will cause you to reduce your buying binge. :rolleyes:

I will probably end up getting 1 of each variant. Especially hanging out for the 0D. So yamato make em all if you want to rake in the profit. :)

Then when sv51 and 52 are out it will look cool together in a big ass display with all the valks lined up in formation.

I remember promising myself to not get another vf1 and yet I still did.

Making the price cheaper might make a difference in the long too. It's the shipping for me that is my worry. That is what stops multiple buys at a time.

But so long as they put the same level of care to these as they have done with the 1/48 I will be happy. I'm a fan of big toys with good detail and posability with PT.

Today I was almost tempted to buy a MP02 Ultra Magnus. Will power stopped me from buying because I knew I needed more macross toys. :D

About the 2 seaters: please make them for vf1! At least the 1D. Original looking face, different looking chest piece, and two seats would rock in 1/48. I bet many people would buy it because it stands out so much with the orange paint and the fact that it is the first valk we see in the hikaru use in the tv series that transforms.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Maybe I'm just wishing they'd make the stuff we all want so we can know what to save up for ahead of time. I already have the money saved up for a vf0S, and I'm locked into getting GBP now that I have seen pics and reviews, so I'm thinking ahead of time in the future when and if they do something new. VF1 has been milked to death imo. (already there are 2 different competing scales) Time to move on don't you agree?

1/48 vf1 needs 2 seater the same way the 1/60 got it. This would interest the people who already have everything in the existing 1/48 vf1 line, looking for something new. (I think I have met my limit for buying anymore vf1 now unless it is something that hasn't been released already.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The new issues of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine should be out by next Tuesday (Jan 24).

Hopefully, they will finally have some photos of the 1/60 VF-0S in Gerwalk mode (the only mode we haven't seen yet).

I'll be buying the magazines on the day of release and will post any pics immediately.

Graham

The new issues of Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine should be out by next Tuesday (Jan 24).

Hopefully, they will finally have some photos of the 1/60 VF-0S in Gerwalk mode (the only mode we haven't seen yet).

I'll be buying the magazines on the day of release and will post any pics immediately.

Graham

361951[/snapback]

GRAHAM

I appreciate your hard work and getting those scans out. I usually dont take the time to write and say thanks when thanks is due, but damn, you are on the ball. Many fans, including myself, apprecaite you.

With that said...

I will be ANXIOUS as hell waiting to see those pics...

Thank again man!

I cannot wait to get the VF-0.

No, if only we'd get a 1/48 YF-19...