If Yamato were to make another Limited 1/48,

Anubis

What would you like to see most for the next limited 1/48?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see most for the next limited 1/48?

• Blue Rose 1S
    • Minmei Guard 1S
    • Angel Birds 1A
    • Low-Vis 1J
    • Something Else

i voted this :D

I vote for this too

A Blueroses VF-1S would be my number one choice followed by a Minmey Guard as mentioned by Graham. Hey Graham issit possible you propose to Yamato a special edition 1/48 VF-1S for the upcoming annivesary. Thanks

Cheers

Minmay Guard VF-1S, but only if it was the first version shown here, not the second version, which Hasegawa is releasing, see: here.

Graham

I agree, if they make a Minmei Guard, it should be the first version. The purple kind of kills the second one.

Anyone got Angel Birds Pics? All I've seen of it are the Hasegawa box pics.

I vote for a Yamato 1/48 Thunder Hummer! Reason? simple....all of the Valks are still the same design, not that its a bad thing. But its still the same A, D, J and S, still the same models. I for one am glad that the Fast Packs are out and hopefully ( i think they will) make a GBS armour.

But as far as "customs" are concerned, i would really love to see a GBS Thunder Hummer, cause it really an awsome creation and is right up there with the Low Viz and even the Blue Roses are cool too. But i would simply choose the Thunder Hummer first because of its original creativity by its maker.

If Yamato (or if Graham was to suggest an idea to his connections) i would hope it would be the Thunder Hummer. Think of it in this perspective, if they did do it. Then we would know that Yamato/BigWest are more the likely open minded to creating "customs" are a part of a limited/special offer.

I am sure that Yamato will sooner or later make ALL of the Valks in both DYRL and SDF Macross lines, if the market is still hot for more 1/48s. I would not complain if we got all of the Valks in 1/48 scale. I not gonna complain about that, cause for me?...this is the best time to be a macross freak. Old enough and earning own money and even if choose to...blow all my money on 1/48s :D I am more then sure that Yamoto will work its way into the Macross Plus, Macross Zero 1/48 market, sooner or later. It would be a bad idea not too, since as it seams...the market for the 1/48s are really well.

I know we, the members of Macross World, are nothing more then a tiny part of the market, since Japan is the main market where they earn their money. But still i would like to see the Thunder Hummer become an addition to my 1/48 collection. I dont mind if the M+ or M Zero 1/48s are released 2 years from now, as long as they get released.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

Just curious. If you have another suggestion you would rather have, vote Seomething Else and let's hear it.

I didn't put Max 1S, GBP, Kakizaki, and such on here since we are still hoping to see those for regular release. Just thinking on Limited Release terms, just like the Low-vis.

I would love to see a Blue Rose.

Maybe an Angel Birds as a second choice.

You should have placed the a vote for a Max 1S and while your at it a VF-1A Kakizaki.

What would I want as a limited 1/48? Hmm..

Well, the only "limited" versions we could possibly see are repaints of existing toys. Yamato would take a loss making the whole sculpt for a toy they only plan to release as a "limited" version, thus making the Thunderhammer/hummer, VB-6, and other ideas like that really unrealistic.

As much as I love the Blue Roses paint scheme, I voted Angel Birds, just because it the only choice that was actually in the animation and may never see production as a toy.

My second choice is that they make the VF-1D original color scheme as a regular release and make a brownie, low-vis, or a "Virgin Road" blue version as a "limited" release. My personal prference order would be 1) Virgin Road (same reason as Angel Birds) 2) Brownie, and 3) low-vis, since there's already a low-vis 1A.

I'll pass on the Minmei Guard. I never really liked that scheme.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Yamato releases every 1/60 Valk that they've done in 1/48 scale as well, plus a few more. They seem to be runnin' with this 1/48 thing and the only thing left in 1/60, as far as the VF-1 is concerned, is a TV Max 1A, a Kakizaki 1A, and GPB armor (I don't think they'd bother with a 1/60 Max/Hikaru VF-1S at this point).

Edited by Draykov

Something else. Repainted YF-21 FP with the VF-22 parts as a VF-X 2 VF-22S. Simple and should be easily doable. And if they ever got an M7 license, they could so easily re-use the sculpt for a Max and Milia marriage set that I would be all over. :) I'd probably even want the M7 Dynamite Gamlin version (or would customize one myself!).

And 1/48 would be nice, too.

Edited by Uxi

Well, the only "limited" versions we could possibly see are repaints of existing toys. Yamato would take a loss making the whole sculpt for a toy they only plan to release as a "limited" version, thus making the Thunderhammer/hummer, VB-6, and other ideas like that really unrealistic.

You are totally correct. Design and tooling costs are very, very expensive. We are talking hundreds of thousands of US dollars per toy. So there is no way Yamato would make an all new toy like a Thunder Hummer, VF-4 or VB-6, just to release it in a limited quantity. It just doesn't make sense as they would loose too much money.

So be realistic guys, a limited edition toy would just be a repaint of an existing toy, perhaps with some minor resculpting, i.e. like the Low Vis pilot.

Graham

I vote Blue Roses (the really dark version I use as my desktop that is seen in Toonz's post up above) because the concept of a Limited Edition and the business of it being possible dicatates that it be a repaint of an existing toy. Now if I could have anything I wanted so long as it was VF-1 oriented I would be all over the Thunder Hummer.

you mean this one Radd?

I might be alone on this, although I find armored valks cool, they are not as cool as stripped down valks. I mean, once you put armor on, they look more-or-less like typical bulky robots. I don't know, they just seem to lose their aesthetic appeal to me. However, I find Fastpacks a good balance.

BTW, I voted for Angelbirds. Come on...who doesn't want to see a valk in a schoolgirl sailor suit paint scheme? :)

Edited by J A Dare

Actually, it'd be kinda cool to see some of the VF-1 series in real-world markings. I'm not really thinking of the "low-viz" set, but putting a VF-1J, for instance in JASDF, USN, RAF or other real-world air force colors. I'd love to see a Valk in the markings of the Sundowners or Jolly Rogers.

Actually, it'd be kinda cool to see some of the VF-1 series in real-world markings. I'm not really thinking of the "low-viz" set, but putting a VF-1J, for instance in JASDF, USN, RAF or other real-world air force colors. I'd love to see a Valk in the markings of the Sundowners or Jolly Rogers.

I would like to see the Felix the Cat on those tail fins on the valks.

Graham, they're both ugly. Although the Hasegawa one qualifies as Fulgy.

The Hasegawa Battroid may be a bit on the...feminine side...but variety is the spice of life.

Standard releases in no particular order I'd like to see are...

VF-1D

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miria

VF-1A Tan Cannon Fodder

Limited releases in no particular order I'd like to see are...

VF-1J Tan Cannon Fodder

VF-1S Tan Cannon Fodder

VF-1D Low Visibility

VF-1J Low Visibility

VF-1A Max TV

VF-1A Angelbirds

VF-1S Blue Roses

VF-1S Black w/ Playboy Bunny icon on tailfins

I think they should (hypothetically of course) space these releases between other NON-VF-1 releases so that Yamato always has somthing new to sell without killing interest in the VF-1.