If Yamato were to make another Limited 1/48,

Anubis

What would you like to see most for the next limited 1/48?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see most for the next limited 1/48?

• Blue Rose 1S
    • Minmei Guard 1S
    • Angel Birds 1A
    • Low-Vis 1J
    • Something Else

its gotta be Angel Birds....heck...some of you collector nuts would buy 6 so you could have the whole set!!! :o:)

With a bunch of sithlord's stands to go with them, you could have one hell of a nice display.

Maybe if I win Megamillions or Powerball.

Well, the only "limited" versions we could possibly see are repaints of existing toys. Yamato would take a loss making the whole sculpt for a toy they only plan to release as a "limited" version, thus making the Thunderhammer/hummer, VB-6, and other ideas like that really unrealistic.

You are totally correct. Design and tooling costs are very, very expensive. We are talking hundreds of thousands of US dollars per toy. So there is no way Yamato would make an all new toy like a Thunder Hummer, VF-4 or VB-6, just to release it in a limited quantity. It just doesn't make sense as they would loose too much money.

So be realistic guys, a limited edition toy would just be a repaint of an existing toy, perhaps with some minor resculpting, i.e. like the Low Vis pilot.

Graham

From statistics given by someone here, Yamato has grossed close to a million US dollars from their Valkyrie line alone. Don't tell me that they don't have the money to make a thousand dollar mold of the Hummer. It should be a piece of cake to the experienced designers, at Yamato... Or am I only looking at the little picture in the grand scheme of things?

From statistics given by someone here, Yamato has grossed close to a million US dollars from their Valkyrie line alone. Don't tell me that they don't have the money to make a thousand dollar mold of the Hummer. It should be a piece of cake to the experienced designers, at Yamato... Or am I only looking at the little picture in the grand scheme of things?

I don't think anyone said they wouldn't spend money on new molds...it just wouldn't be beneficial to create a new mold for limited release items.

Edited by Draykov

Minmay Guard. But a the Angel Bird is not bad either.

If we're talking limited here... No I don't want a limited GBP. I want them produced millions. :lol:

That's a little over the top. :lol:

Since I missed out on the Low Vis -1A, I would like to see a Low Vis -1S. Considering the -1A seems to have virtually sold out, I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato tried another limited Low Vis run with a -1J or, preferably, a -1S.

My second choice would be a VF-1S Max. Max's blue paint scheme and VF-1S combo has long since been my favorite VF-1. I almost bought extra VF-1S's to swap out the heads and numbered wings to create a -1S Hikaru and Max. I was relieved to find out that the -1S Hikaru is on the way. It would be a cinch to bring out a Max type.

Here's a sample of some "different" Valk schemes. I forget who the source is, otherwise I'd give credit where credit is due.

post-4-1065635941_thumb.jpg

Edited by Draykov

I would vote for the Max TV 1Aalso but that woud be one that would be beter as a wide release not a limited edition. The LE should stay with specialty Valks you really don't see int he show and leave all the main Valks as a regular release. Maybe a LE Hayo only becaue maybe he wouldn't sell as much as a Max. I would also like to see on a limited basis 1A and 1J CF's.