1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

Looks nice. CF will always look great when standing near 1j and 1s. If you are trying to create a scene from the tv show you need these guys! Glad yamato is going to be giving tv series more love. Never expected it would be released although it makes sense since all they needed was change in paint to milk the 1/48 line.

This might mean we see DYRL Kakizaki if people are still buying 1/48s and treating them as the standard scale. I hope they don't make the CF brownies LE-only though. Maybe it'd be better to just do that with a future Angel Birds release or something imo. (since only the hardcore fan would really want this given how little it appears)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Man, I really hope we find out that this isn't a limited run. I was looking forward to having a couple of these "flying" in formation behind hikkie and roy. If they're limited and the prices soar, I'll probably only be able to get one or two at the most. :(

they probably raised prices for the same reason why VE and TMP raised prices...importing is getting more expensive and the dollar is getting weaker in japan

That is true. But it is a perfect excuse to raise prices though. :angry:

well guys like Kevin (VE) and Tam (TMP) they don't make much money back...pretty much just enough to keep themselves in business... if you want to blame anyone then blame their supplier, the current economy, etc...but there are sellers who do cheat people...just like the guy tryna sell the Tenjin Hidetaka art book for more than twice its going price every where else...but it all goes down to what you're able and willing to pay, that's also a factor of driving up prices...just economics, no matter how much we hate 'em sometimes <_<

Well I am not naming VE and Tam in particular. It is ppl like BBTS and tinsc that irks me when they say they can raise the prices. More so against tinsc.

they probably raised prices for the same reason why VE and TMP raised prices...importing is getting more expensive and the dollar is getting weaker in japan

That is true. But it is a perfect excuse to raise prices though. :angry:

well guys like Kevin (VE) and Tam (TMP) they don't make much money back...pretty much just enough to keep themselves in business... if you want to blame anyone then blame their supplier, the current economy, etc...but there are sellers who do cheat people...just like the guy tryna sell the Tenjin Hidetaka art book for more than twice its going price every where else...but it all goes down to what you're able and willing to pay, that's also a factor of driving up prices...just economics, no matter how much we hate 'em sometimes <_<

Well I am not naming VE and Tam in particular. It is ppl like BBTS and tinsc that irks me when they say they can raise the prices. More so against tinsc.

The one problem that BBTS has is that they are in the midwest...fuel/delivery costs have gone up on everything around here(I'm in Chicago). We get shipments in from the west coast (Califorina /Washington) and prices have gone up alot in the last couple of years. Most frieght companies are adding 1.5 to 5%surcharges on fuel now. Add the weak dollar vs the yen and well...but BBTS does have great service though.

Great news that a 1/48 CF is coming. I'll take a bet this a mass release. Yamato doesn't need to release a poop colored CF and a tan CF again.

Edited by dejr8bud

Yamato may be releasing this similar to the 1/60 cannon fodder - releasing a special one (like the TRU 1/60 CF), and then releasing a regular production run of it, in a slightly different color...

Yamato may be releasing this similar to the 1/60 cannon fodder - releasing a special one (like the TRU 1/60 CF), and then releasing a regular production run of it, in a slightly different color...

i know i wouldn't mind if they did since it would give me another valk to buy and help feed my addiction. :lol:

i actually prefer the "poo-colored" TRU version over the plain CF. atleast with the TRU one, the head arrows were painted.

Well, if there are two versions of the CF released, it sounds to me like the "Hobby Show" version will hardly qualify as a "release". . . it seems more to me like one of those Star Wars figures Hasbro will put out for people who attend a movie, or buy a game. I've never felt obligated to get each of those since they're usually minimally different than the main production run.

Some of those who attended the re-release of RotJ got a Luke with a brown robe. . . and all the "collectors" went nuts to get one. The rest of us just said: Dude, it's a minor variant! You already have five Lukes! :)

All of this is speculation, of course. I don't know anything at all. Of course, neither does anyone else. :)

H

Edited by Hurin

i know i wouldn't mind if they did since it would give me another valk to buy and help feed my addiction. :lol:

i actually prefer the "poo-colored" TRU version over the plain CF. atleast with the TRU one, the head arrows were painted.

The TRU ones had the arrows painted? Hmm well I never noticed prolly because I have yet to open the TRU one.

Damn! How did this thread slip by my initial browsing? SOmetimes I really hate how the boards here at MacrossWorld are not 100% accurate with respect to the new post/thread memory.

It's funny, but I'm actually excited by this news. I'm actually considering purchasing a CF Valkyrie, even though I only own three 1/48s and have been more than satisfied with that number for several years now. Strange how the addiction never really dies. I always wanted three Valkyries and no more. But now that I think about it, it may be a great idea for my collection to consist of one CF VF-1A, one VF-1J Hikaru, and one VF-1S Roy with my old VF-1A Hikaru as a test Valyrie. I could use it for dismantling, spare parts, custom tests, etc and I'd still have my triad :)

My story is that I never intended to "collect" all the different 1/48s because of how expensive they are, (thx HG) but I can't resist wanting to have them all displayed together as a group. Which is why I'm happy that there is a CF release. (not that I value it above the other releases or anything like that - if released at the same time as the others it would be low priority)

Like 1 CF guarding an area, another one of higher rank and noticable colour next to it, (the flashy tv ace colours with tv fast packs) and the leader or hero (skull 01) looking elite amoungst the more plain valks to create a kind of battroid team in various poses. (actually I like fighter mode too but there is something about batroid mode latley that looks imposing when standing together)

I hope they give the Qrau some TV love too. (I want a green one more than I do a purple DYRL one)

Maybe if people buy these up the max tv 1a will come out? The timing is so sudden. I think by spacing these things apart (as opposed to releasing it all at once) and milking it as much as possible, they gain special attention (oooh never seen it before!") and more desirability once people have had thier big chance to get all the other things. Guage interest, then announce release when it looks like interest in old stuff reaches its peak.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I believe there is such a thing as Hobby Show which is run in Japan.

There are many different hobby shows in Japan each year, the most common ones being the Summer & Winter Wonder Fests, Tokyo Toy Show, Shizuoka Hobby Show & C3 (Cultural Convention of Characters).

The next hobby show on the calender is the 44th annual Shizuoka Hobby Show, which takes place on 12th-15th May (14th & 15th are open to the public).

IIRC, the 1/48 Low Vis was originally sold (or announced) by Yamato at the Shizuoka Hobby show.

Graham

Graham,

From what I can recollect, yamato took all orders for the low viz @shizouka, and that was it. Whichever store/vendor or supplier ordered there got the low viz. It was a once and only order type deal or something. That is why it was extremely hard for people to get it since a lot of them did not realize it was just that one time only thing. I think the suppliers ordered a certain amount limited by yamato to under 2,500, so divide that into however many market chains ordered and then to how many were sold or bought up by suppliers who then supplied our etailers here in the western world.

The one problem that BBTS has is that they are in the midwest...fuel/delivery costs have gone up on everything around here(I'm in Chicago). We get shipments in from the west coast (Califorina /Washington) and prices have gone up alot in the last couple of years. Most frieght companies are adding 1.5 to 5%surcharges on fuel now. Add the weak dollar vs the yen and well...but BBTS does have great service though.

Great news that a 1/48 CF is coming. I'll take a bet this a mass release. Yamato doesn't need to release a poop colored CF and a tan CF again.

Yeah the price at BBTS is a bit expensive, but their customer service is simply outstanding! Plus fixed shipping rate and no tax to pay for me. Even though they might not be the cheapest their great customer service always brings me back. However, if money is tight I'll pick one up at frank&sons :D

There is an ebay auction that is taking a preorder for the 1/48 cf. The description says something like money will be refunded if item is not delivered on 30 days. Isn't this thing coming out in a couple of months? My guess is that this particular 1/48 WILL be available at this hobby show/festival/event. Sounds like a "limited at this show only".

HERE.

wow. what news.

ages ago i joined MW when hopes grew that Yamato would make a new valk CF. I got into the whole collecting thing after getting a 1/60 CF, and since had been waiting for a 1/48...until giving up on the idea some time ago. Thought it would never happen. Or that if It did, I had lost interest anyhow.

Then I get this email from BBTS. skimmed through it. didn't expect it to contain anything I'd want. Usually doesn't. I'm not that much of a collector.

But wait. what did that say? rereading...Yamato. 1/48 CF? huh? but... I clicked the link, looked at the pic. Slowly my mind awoke to the vision before me. Yes, I remembered wishing for such a thing. I remember falling in lust with my little 1/200 scale CF gerwalk 1A kit when I was 7 or 8 years old, taking it everywhere with me for months.

So now I have a few questions. And I know there are other threads where I can find some of the answers, and i'll look at those as well, but I want to ask them here, seeking fresh, time-tested answers from those who might know or care...

How solid and poseable is Battroid mode in the 1/48s? I mean, I have this 1/60th, and it's a great toy and all, but frankly, it's just not fun for me. Too loose and fiddly in bot mode. Is the 1/48 better? Easy to stick in kickin' poses? Good balance? Holds a pose nicely? How would it compare in this way to, say a non-transforming SOC like a mazinger? (an unfair comparison to be sure, but I'm trying to get an idea...)

[edited to be less annoying :) ]

anyhow, thanks much for any input!

Edited by Californium

How solid and poseable is Battroid mode in the 1/48s? I mean, I have this 1/60th, and it's a great toy and all, but frankly, it's just not fun for me. Too loose and fiddly in bot mode. Is the 1/48 better? Easy to stick in kickin' poses? Good balance? Holds a pose nicely? How would it compare in this way to, say a non-transforming SOC like a mazinger? (an unfair comparison to be sure, but I'm trying to get an idea...)

I don't own a mazinger, but all my 1/48 battroids are very solid. My one 1/60 is droopy as hell (especially the legs). So I understand your concern. The 1/48 has very stiff (in a good way) hips and joints througout. You won't be disappointed.

H