Rob Liefeld's Teen Titans

Remember big shoulder pads with big guns and attitudes. Remember X-Force. Remember their uber time-travelling mutant leader Cable. Remember Youngblood, the MTV generation super-team. Well cousin those days are back because Rob Liefeld, the creator of said creations, is doing a two issue stint on Teen Titans! It'll be penned by Birds of Prey scribe Gail Simone and focus on the new female duo Hawk & Dove! I'm stoked!

post-26-1114829601_thumb.jpg

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Somethingawful.com has had a magnificent forum series bashing Rob Liefeld. The man is supremely horrible at human proportion.

Once I was alone in an elevator - just he and I - at a convention. I should have taken the opportunity to kill him then and thus save us all untold suffering. I towered over the man, and I'm only 5' 9"! :p

argh noooooo. i love the teen titans specially the cartoon, please do not do this to me, also ladic curse you for posting that pic my eyes :wacko: i think that is the second time on this site you blinded me with something aweful :blink: the first being that david hasselhoff pic i believe. why are you doing this to us ???????????

edit: actually i think it was Myraid that blinded me the first time. :(

Edited by zeo-mare

I see he still has no idea about anatomy. Check out that right lower leg on Cyborg. It's the same size or bigger than the upper left leg that is being flung into the foreground.

I'm amazed he landed a gig anyhow as the comics pros hate him even more than the fans do.

Color me equally baffled. I was on the anti-Liefeld bandwagon right from the start, but the majority of the world was still buying his crap by the time I got out of reading comics. I had to laugh years later when I read about his rocket-powered decline in the industry. But the question now is....if everybody hates him so much (and rightfully so), how can he possibly get a job for any major publisher? His art hasn't improved an iota, thats for damn sure.

Thats a good question Legato to which there is no logical answer. Marvel Hired him about a yr ago to do work on a x-force or cable and Deadpool book. McFarlane hates his guts from what I've heard.

This man's art is somehow beloved by many and he works for companies like DC and Marvel, yet I can still barely get work doing the occaissional small press comic that winds up paying me less than minimum wage.

And people wonder why artists become bitter and cynical.

Pooop.

Liefeld cant draw period.

While it's true that the guy seems to lack any sense of proportion whatsover, he's got a knack for details. And he's certainly better than A LOT of the guys Marvel's had doing the Spider-Man books lately (Humberto Ramos, Fransico Herrera, etc).

Oh, how I long for the days when Jim Lee actually drew, when Wildstorm was part of Image, and when Brett Booth did Backlash. Now there was a guy who could draw...

It's so bizarre. He's got a nicely polished level of finish work, that I'd love to be able to match, but he makes so many rookie mistakes under it, I don't know how he keeps getting work.

I mean, the anatomy in my drawings isn't perfect, but at least I try.

I'm so very confused. :blink:

Edited by Greyryder

Pooop.

Liefeld cant draw period.

While it's true that the guy seems to lack any sense of proportion whatsover, he's got a knack for details. And he's certainly better than A LOT of the guys Marvel's had doing the Spider-Man books lately (Humberto Ramos, Fransico Herrera, etc).

Oh, how I long for the days when Jim Lee actually drew, when Wildstorm was part of Image, and when Brett Booth did Backlash. Now there was a guy who could draw...

He doesn't have a knack for details at all. He has a knack for throwing in mounds of rippling muscle where no rippling muscle should exist. It's not detail, it's overkill. Superhero comics have always been about over-proportioning the heroes themselves, but this guy is just whacky.

Will someone post a pic thats better on the eyes like manfei or that fatman that was dressed like optimus prime. I need something to wash my eyes out now. That is seriously unneded. Captain america should not be drawn or seen like that.

I think DC is having him back simply to rub it in... after trying to "stick it to the big guys" by being one of the founders of Image, he now has to admit his failure and go back to one of the Big Two to get his rent money.

You know how it works. He's now broken. They'll humiliate him for awhile... then kill him.