Ghost Rider movie thread

It looks like something Spinal Tap or Iron Maiden would ride into a concert stage on. Even though I liked the new version of GR in the comics, the chopper look has that bad-ass vibe to it. It would be cool if they went R with this one, but I'm sure it will be PG or PG-13.

Don't be so sure. Blade was rated R so maybe this one will too. If it's kid friendly in anyway it will be too hokey.

nah this bike looks a little too american chopper as opposed to motorcycle fueled on hell

looks like a halfassed biker build off project for leather daddies

kinda weak design over all

i'm with the peeps with the whole piece meal look

huge engine about three times the size it should be frankenstein exaust pipes and a look of menace, not something from the cover of rides magazine

maybe like the bike that cloud has ff7 or better yet ff7 advent children

that is wicked looking :D

• 2 weeks later...
First Look At Cage As "Ghost Rider"

Posted:  Monday April 25th, 2005 1:12am

Source:  USA Today

Author:  Garth Franklin

USA Today has the first glimpse at Nicolas Cage's new look for the "Ghost Rider" adaptation, the shot premiering in the same issue as the new "Superman" suit. Click below for the hi-res version.

nicbiket.jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050425a.php

Edited by Ladic

• 1 month later...

It looks like they're basing this on the 90's reinvention of Ghost Rider, judging from the logo and the ample use of chain. You remember....the one that stomped around grumbling about being the "Spirit of vengeance" and giving evildoers his Pennance Stare. :lol: I would have rather seen them use the kooky/campy 70s version with all the lameness that would involve, like an evil carny as the villain and the main set-piece of the film involving Ghost Rider making a special do-or-die stunt jump on his bike.

• 11 months later...

Hope nobody minds me updating a little info for Ghost Rider since I work in a comic shop, the latest series [6-Issues, November 2005-April 2006/Art By Clayton Crain with Punisher Alumni Garth Ennis doing the writing] has Johnny Blaze trapped in Hell as Ghost Rider sans Zarathos and double crossed by Angels, Demons, and Texas oil barons.

If it wasn't for the chains, bones, and other crap the bike would look very close to the one in the newest comic, also he does use chains alot including one new trick where he spits several chains out of his mouth, as well as being able to spew fire and redirect shot projectiles, I guess being torn apart by demons and devils everynight you learn a few new tricks.

Although they need to add a headlight with the GR emblem on it, but it was also shown in Hearts of Darkness GN that he could also turn any bike into his wheels in a pinch.

Also JB made a deal with whatever they were calling the devil [mephiso possibly] at the time to save Crash Simpsons life from dying of cancer, although the idiot went and got killed in a stupid stunt anyway.

Oh also if I remember correctly John and Dan may actually be brothers I need to dig out my Marvel Knights Encyclopedia and double check though.

I don't know it's just me but I always thought linked chains were dumb for ghost rider. If anything he should be whipping motorcycle chains around.

402098[/snapback]

You can swing a motorcycle chain in only 2 directions

they're more of an iron bar than a whip, and unlike linked chains very hard to make

a good swing with

Looks o.k., I was into GR back in the day for a while. So the clip where GR is riding alongside the cowboy-ghost rider, is that in homeage to the old Marvel weild west Ghost Rider? Are the badguys in this movie the vampires in the beginning?

Looks o.k., I was into GR back in the day for a while. So the clip where GR is riding alongside the cowboy-ghost rider, is that in homeage to the old Marvel weild west Ghost Rider? Are the badguys in this movie the vampires in the beginning?

402243[/snapback]

Skull looks more Texeira or Garney than McFarlane to me, and I hope that isn't supposed to be the cowboy ghost rider, since it would be horribly inaccurate considering he never had supernatural powers.

402243[/snapback]

Skull looks more Texeira or Garney than McFarlane to me, and I hope that isn't supposed to be the cowboy ghost rider, since it would be horribly inaccurate considering he never had supernatural powers.

402264[/snapback]

Looks like they mixed in the Old West GR for the movie.

Movies always want to change stuff though. Spider man with web coming out of his wrists instead of cartridges was my main gripe though. And hulk turning variable sizes based on anger like one of the hulk clones in the image comics was a bad idea.

Why do they do it?

I get pissed off for example like in the dolph lundgren punisher movie, where they didn't have the skull emblem on the shirt. Its part of the character.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Movies always want to change stuff though. Spider man with web coming out of his wrists instead of cartridges was my main gripe though. And hulk turning variable sizes based on anger like one of the hulk clones in the image comics was a bad idea.

Why do they do it?

I get pissed off for example like in the dolph lundgren punisher movie, where they didn't have the skull emblem on the shirt. Its part of the character.

402338[/snapback]

Same here on the punisher thing although I had many others besides.

Unfortunately all people care about is cash cowing things *cough* silent hill *cough*.

• 2 months later...

Am I like the last one here to have seen the trailer? I certainly didn't see it when I saw X-3...

In any case, I've already said this, but I can't stand Nicholas Cage. And, I've seen potentially good comic book movies gone horribly wrong. But, for some reason, the trailer actually has me kinda looking forward to the movie...

Am I like the last one here to have seen the trailer?  I certainly didn't see it when I saw X-3...

In any case, I've already said this, but I can't stand Nicholas Cage.  And, I've seen potentially good comic book movies gone horribly wrong.  But, for some reason, the trailer actually has me kinda looking forward to the movie...

419575[/snapback]

same here...i know i'll watch it even tho i have mixed feelings about it...