Ghost Rider movie thread

I have always been a fan of ghost rider, even though i didn't start reading until the danny ketch ghost rider, and johnny blaze was his partner. But i have doubts about this one. I like nick cage, and i love what i have seen in the trailer although i believe the need to do some more work on the skull, i just have a bad feeling because mark steven johnson, the director of ghost rider, also directed........are you ready.......Daredevil. Soooooooooooooo........... the odds are kind of stacked against him that ghost rider will be good. :(

i just have a bad feeling because mark steven johnson, the director of ghost rider, also directed........are you ready.......Daredevil. Soooooooooooooo........... the odds are kind of stacked against him that ghost rider will be good. :(

420022[/snapback]

Except that there are some people out there that actually enjoy the Daredevil movie...

i just have a bad feeling because mark steven johnson, the director of ghost rider, also directed........are you ready.......Daredevil. Soooooooooooooo........... the odds are kind of stacked against him that ghost rider will be good. :(

420022[/snapback]

Except that there are some people out there that actually enjoy the Daredevil movie...

420028[/snapback]

Yeah i know there are, everyone like a movie, hell i loved gigli (sad yes i know, but it is a guilty pleasure known the less) but daredevil was considered by fans and critics (even though i don't really listen to critics) to be a failure, and not a true representation of the beloved charecter. I don't know that much about daredevil, but i know enough to know that that movie was just bad. I am hoping that it was a fluke and maybe johnson can make ghost rider as great as i want it to be.

Thanks mikeszekely!!!

This movie will blow!!!

From what I've seen I'm gonna have to agree. As a Film it'll blow. As B movie entertainment it gets props! I mean it looks like it have Kristofferson in it!!! That almost assures a high B movie rating!

Cage has never been that great an actor anyways and the story isn't all that much about the possee himself but about GR, throw in the fact that the Daredevil Director is in it, and that the GR and the flame are both of low, and nearly ass, quality. Sorry but Demonic flame should reek badass, not marshmellow/makeout level. :blink:

Frankly GH has ALOT of leeway to work with and doen't take much effort to work in his trademark powers/equipment. Hopefully they'll make GR very gritty/violent. I'll see it just because I'm such a GR whore.

420022[/snapback]

420028[/snapback]

Look this director up on the IMDB. He's done nothing great. He is not a visionary and much like the Daredevil movie, I can indicate from the trailer that the lighting sucks!!! How about that scene in the trailer where the bike goes over the side of the building with the chain whip... so generic!!! It looks like crap. I watched the trailer several times and I'm already dissapointed. I ain't givin' up my $10 to see this POS!!!

• 6 months later...

Just saw the movie, if you go in expecting Godfather or even Superman I(Christopher Reeves) then you'll be disappointed. But if you go in expecting cheesy, fanboy-type movie like Hulk & Daredevil then it'll be o.k. The special effects contrary to opinion here were good.

Good: Special effects, Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider costume looking like the 90's style Marvel Comics with the spikes and chain. Eve Mendes' boobs.

Bad: Bad guys were killed too easily, dangling plot lines and no history on the legacy of Ghost Riders. The devil vs. son plot was weak. Romance plot line very generic.

Hoping for a direct to DVD sequel that has a bit more action and more "vengeance" giving by GH.

Looking forward to the 300 movie next month.

Just saw the movie, if you go in expecting Godfather or even Superman I(Christopher Reeves) then you'll be disappointed. But if you go in expecting cheesy, fanboy-type movie like Hulk & Daredevil then it'll be o.k. The special effects contrary to opinion here were good.

Good: Special effects, Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider costume looking like the 90's style Marvel Comics with the spikes and chain. Eve Mendes' boobs.

Bad: Bad guys were killed too easily, dangling plot lines and no history on the legacy of Ghost Riders. The devil vs. son plot was weak. Romance plot line very generic.

Hoping for a direct to DVD sequel that has a bit more action and more "vengeance" giving by GH.

Looking forward to the 300 movie next month.

All pretty fair points, because not even in the books are GR or host 'deep' characters or have more then generic background secondary characters.

The 300 will be along the same lines.

This move looks so damn generic that it makes my stomach turn! Even the special effects look run of the mill for CG. From what I've seen this movie is way too over-lit. C'mon here, we're dealing with GHOST RIDER! This movie should be a little dark and hellish. It looks like a cheesy Disney flick with lighting from Freaky Friday! And what's with that Fat Chick in the preview being interviewed and stating how cool Ghost Rider is? L-A-frakkin-M-E! Do you really expect a direct to DVD sequel to actually be better after this POS? Reminds me of the same cheesy-ass problems that they had with the Daredevil movie! Oh yeah... same director. Figures!

dude it was an awesome popcorn flick, i'm sorry but it was.

if you are looking for a oscar winnig opus, look elsewhere. for a simple not excellently executed, c+/b- kinda flick check it out.

it's not that bad if you give it a chance, just roll with it and you might enjoy it a little

:D

i honestly don't feel bad about paying and watching it

dude it was an awesome popcorn flick, i'm sorry but it was.

if you are looking for a oscar winnig opus, look elsewhere. for a simple not excellently executed, c+/b- kinda flick check it out.

it's not that bad if you give it a chance, just roll with it and you might enjoy it a little

:D

i honestly don't feel bad about paying and watching it

Hey dude... if ya liked it great, more power to ya! I always say to each his own. But a good popcorn movie to me is more along the likes of "Grindhouse" by Tarantino and Rodriguez.

I liked it. The bike was too shiny though. :D I thought the bit where he swings the chains to grapple onto the helicopter and you hear a "yahoo" as if he was some cowboy was a little cheesy though. :D

It was better than daredevil but about equal with hulk. (I actually didn't think hulk was all that bad. Hulk is really just a misunderstood monster and the movie handled that part well)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

saw it last night. i liked it overall.. I thought black heart was a little goofball and overplayed but all in all, it was a fun movie. Everyone seemed to be having fun and there while there was nothing special about it, it never pretended to be anything more than a fun popcorn flick.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...